Let's start from the very beginning (a very good place to start).
Faith had an appt. with the pediatrician to see what we can do about the wicked rash on her wrist. I first noticed it on Easter Sunday. You see, Faith has this beautiful bracelet that my friend, Marni, made. The bracelet has pewter letters just like this (click me). Faith had been wearing the bracelet for a few weeks with no problem. But on Easter Sunday I noticed her trying to scratch underneath. I took it off to find the most horrible rash ever.
And it was the worst right where the cute letters were.
So I went to the doctor yesterday and proceeded to wait 40 loooooong minutes for the doctor in the tiny second waiting room they take you in where you're deceived and think you're going to be seen any minute. It sort of put me in a bad mood. I'm pretty sure the doctor was eating lunch. Which is fine... except for the fact that I was stuck in the tiny room waiting for her!!!!
It was determined that Faith has an allergy to pewter and possibly other kinds of metals that aren't sterling, 24 K gold or stainless steel. I guess that makes up my decision in regards to the ear piercing. However, the doctor's office does use 24K gold for piercing. So we'll see. And all of Marni's bracelets are sterling. Thank goodness, too, because it's very important that my baby wear a bracelet, ya know. Faith got prescribed a strong steroid cream and we went on our way.
I had not been home for a half an hour when I got called by Levi's school. His teacher was on the phone with me and said that Levi had fallen (fallen because some other stupid kid PUSHED HIM DOWN) and was bleeding pretty badly from his head.
I rushed in a complete panic to the school where I found Levi at the nurses station , sniffling, shaking and trying to control the tears. He took one look at me and completely lost his cool and started crying hysterically!! There was blood all over his shirt, bloody cloths all over the office and I looked at his head and realized I was going to have to take him to the doctor. Poor little guy. I went home and gave him ibuprofen and nursed Faith really quick before I got on my way. The nurses put this over his head to hold the gauze on:
Levi was very worried that people were going to laugh at his "gauze bandanna" and was freaking out saying "They're all going to laugh at me! Take it off, take it off, take it off!!!!!!!!!!!!" So I took it off. But something had to be there because it was still bleeding profusely. So I did a shoddy job of taping gauze all over his head. My job looked a lot worse than the nurse's job. But Levi was happier with it. And that's all that matters.
Here's a picture of the gash. This picture makes it look like it was nothing, but what you can't see from the picture is how DEEP it goes.
We got on our way to the second Dr's appt. of the day. Faith screamed in the backseat and Levi kept thinking about what was to come and started crying all over again. The mere mention of "stitches" put him in complete hysterics. It was a fun 20 minute drive.
When we arrived, the stupid nurse at the front desk said the word"stitches" and Levi flipped a complete cow in the waiting room. Everyone was throwing me their "We're so sorry for you" glances. But the lady with lots of scabs all over was the only one who actually came and talked to Levi. Levi wasn't especially thrilled with the scabby lady's efforts to console him. Thanks anyway, scabby lady.
The nurse washed it and put numbing gel on the gaping wound. When it was all cleaned up, I realized how deep it really was when the skin was sort of flapping open. Yikes!!! The nurse washing it put Levi into another frenzy. But as soon as the numbing gel started working, Levi was a new kid and asked me if the doctor that was going to take a look at him was going to be "beautiful" or not. Silly kid!!
Turns out that Levi sort of needed it stapled, but the doctor knew this would cause major tears for Levi so she decided to glue it and so far the glue is holding well.
Here's the glued gash pic:
.JPG)
We went on our way home and both kids fell asleep in the car. Ahhhhhhh. It was so nice.
We went on our way home and both kids fell asleep in the car. Ahhhhhhh. It was so nice.
But then Faith wouldn't take a nap because she thought that 10 minute snooze in the car counted as one.
So... I put her in her high chair to feed her....
and she climbed out and fell right on her head!!!!!
But she was okay except for a blue lip. Don't ask how I was.
At least I got this picture of Faith's fangs before the incident. Somehow seeing those fangs makes me crack up laughing.
And Levi is fine.
And Faith is fine.
And they both could have been hurt a lot worse than they were.
So I'm grateful.
And also grateful that it's OVER.
Now on to April fool's day. No one better play any cruel jokes on me. I can't take it.


37 comments:
What a day! (By accident number 3 though, you knew you had a good blog!)
Oh, Holly. I have been thinking about poor Levi all night and morning. What a day!! I have to teach Joy School in a few minutes, but I will bring you a tasty treat (I don't guarantee diet friendly) sometime after Kindergarten drop off! Have a much better day today, please!
I hate doctor's offices! I get the "I am so sorry for you" looks ALL the time too.
That glue works miracles. My sister (who is a PA) uses it all the time on her kids.
And thank Heavens kids are tough!!
I hate doctor's offices! I get the "I am so sorry for you" looks ALL the time too.
That glue works miracles. My sister (who is a PA) uses it all the time on her kids.
And thank Heavens kids are tough!!
I was really hope that was all an April Fools Joke but the pictures proves it wasn't so. I am so sorry. Hang in there.
Holly thank goodness for you and your way with words. I almost wet my pants reading this entry! We all have those days where you wonder why you even got out of bed! LOVE IT!!! Glad everyone is still in one piece. Kar
Oh, you poor thing! I would have been in TEARS by the end of a day like that.
And the fang pictures? Hilarious. My son got his teeth like that, too. Cracked me up.
Oh Holly. Wow. That is so awful, but you are so funny. I felt so bad, but laughed so hard. I hope today is better. Tell Levi that chicks (or beautiful doctors) dig scars.
Poor kids...Madisen has an allergy to metals too...only she can't even do sterling. It has to be REAL gold. So when I went to get Tatum's pierced I made sure that they were 24k.
What a day!! I'm so sorry all that happened to you. I hope Levi's cut and Faith's rash heals very quickly!
That sounds awful! At least you got a good post out of it though.....
And the fangs are hysterical!
Oh my word! You poor woman. I hate the "second waiting room" too, it's so annoying going to the dr's office. That "scabby lady" thing made me laugh out loud...what is she doing at a dr's office...sick. I am gald that you are all ok now though, what a day!
Oh Holly! That is awful. I am so sorry to hear. What a horrible day. Like Jessica said, at least its a good blog post. You certainly don't need any jokes today.
Scabby Lady... Hardy Har Har!!!
But sorry about all the crazy trips to the doctor. Glad everything's ok.
Wow! That is quite the crazy day! Poor kids! Rashes, gashes and blue lips! YIKES! Hope everyone is doing better, you included!
What a hellish day... I hope today is better!!
Hol, I have an allergy to earings too, that is my #1 reason and excuse to gage my ears, not that you want to gage your daughters ear, I advise against that. But I do think you should go for it!! Its better now then when she is Levi's age and begging for them, then screaming murder when it happens.
Just when you thought you had no blogging material you get a day like this. Careful what you wish for, huh?
By the way, I just use straight super glue on all my kid's cuts and injuries and it works great. I hate the ER wait.
You need a day at the spa. ;)
You poor baby. Does Faith have her top middle teeth? Too funny. Poor Levi too. When Jordan was little he cut his head in the same place. When the nurse was cleaning it warm water was running down his head and neck. He was SCREAMING like crazy! What I didn't realize 'till after was he thought the warm water was blood gushing down his neck. I hope your day goes better today.
Oh, dear...
I understand. It's almost comical and unreal that there can actually be days where do much can go wrong.
I'm glad you all pulled through!
I'm a nerd. Sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain. I meant to type "so much" rather than "do much". And, I'd like to point out that I didn't mean that any of the things that happened in your day were comical...big bummers, in fact. However, days like that make me laugh (but, only AFTER they're over...) I'm glad your tots are okay!
Poor little guy!! Poor little cute girl! Poor Mama!!! I guess when it rained, it dumped!! So sorry to hear about your two days. I remember like within 2 days after my first miscarriage (half way through the pregnancy) Sarah fell down in the shower and split her eyelid open, then for some odd reason, the glass on the front of our oven just shattered over night the same day. Hope you have a better rest of the day and week!
What a day for you! I was glad to hear that the scab lady at least talked to Levi. You're too funny! Glad you got the rash and the deep gash taken care of!
(I didn't read the other comments, sorry if I repeat something...)
That sucks. What else could've gone wrong? (I can say that now, because the day's over and nothing else bad can happen, heh heh...) Poor Faith. Poor Levi. Poor Faith, again! And she seriously has little fangs, but none of the teeth in between??? That is AWESOME! How on earth did that happen???
HOLY MOLEY! What a day! Look at sweet Levi's face in the little gause bandana picture. You can tell he had been crying...poor, sweet, little man.
I got mad FOR you because you hit the nail on the head, (oh, sorry, that was a poor choice of words, huh?) You were spot on, when you said that they DECEIVE you at the doctor's office! I hate it when you have to wait in the examination room for well, forever! So maddening! Why can't they just let us stay in the main waiting room with, space, books, toys and (sometimes) a T.V.? It would help so much. My kids get kind of panicky when they stick us in such a small room and seem to leave us there for eternity.
I am glad Levi and Faith are okay...that little "fangs" picture, as you called it is SO cute!
I hate days like that. I'm sorry to say the school has called me twice about Cody. The little dude wet his pants... Ug! The picture of Levi's cut sends chills up my spine. And, hello! Scabby lady please don't come too close to my child. Who knows what fungus is amoung us. I do love the fangy picture. (Did the stinker kid get in trouble for pushing Levi?)
It's a good thing kids bounce back quickly. It's definitely more traumatic for the parent than it is for the kid! Hope you are doing ok. Faith's fangs are so funny!!
I love Faith's fangs. You seriously had the worst day. I hope since then you've just been hanging out doing nothing and relaxing!
I seriously thought you were April Foolin' us. So sorry!
Oh my gosh what a story I guess this is what I have to look forward to RIGHT!!!!! I'm glad things have clamed down. I just love your blog it's so much more fun to read then mine. I love that I can keep up with you guys, hope all is well, love ya Tiff
What a day. Poor little Faith's arm looks so painful. Hopefully the cream is working. Ryker's had stitches, so I know how fun that experience was for you. Hopefully your week has gotten better!!!
I'm sorry I am laughing really hard. I am reading the post and I swear I can hear your voice but all the inflections and bold highlights. Gotta love days like that. I always say the difference between a totally miserable day and a good story is about 48 hours!!!! Cute pictures of your miserable kids though!!
(Don't start calling her Fang, it will stick and then in 15 years that will be the name on her cheerleading uniform like my sister
"Hairy", nickname that stuck.)
Oh my goodness! Talk about medical DRAMA for your beautiful children. So glad it turned out OK!
Yes, Faith's wrist looks just like Adam's belly used to from the snaps on his pants. Guess it's good you found out this way instead of on her poor little ears. I bet that would be horrible!
oh man! what a day for you! glad everyone is ok!
i love faith's fangs! our first daughter had the same thing and it was right before christmas. we joked that all she wanted for christmas was her two fronth teeth!
i hate those 2 minute naps in the car that replace the 2 hour naps in the crib! arrghh! as i'm driving around before nap time i am trying to drive and keep the baby awake at the same time! probably not the safest thing!
Oh my. I bet YOU needed a Dr's appt after this one! You are a very patient mommy, don't tell yourself you aren't because I don't think I could have made it though that day. Maybe that's why I only have 1 child.
Post a Comment