Sunday, March 30, 2008

Levi-isms

Levi is a dream child. And I'm not just saying that. He rarely gets into trouble, he's always telling me how pretty I am (I've trained him well), and he's loving and happy almost ALL the time. When I was a little girl and I dreamed about the perfect child I would have one day, all my dreams came true when Levi was sent to me. I hope my dreams stay a reality when he's in his teens.
If I had to name a complaint about Levi it would only be that he's a picky eater. Just to give an example of how picky he is, he hates milk, chocolate and mac n' cheese. Aren't those things that kids are supposed to love? We've struggled with his eating habits since he was little. But all our work with him has paid off and he's sooooo much better than he used to be. Levi has been exceptionally cute and funny lately so I thought I'd post about some of the things he has said.
  • The other night we were watching American Idol and I mentioned to John how Michael Johns just "looked" like a star. Levi retorted, "he does not look like a star!" and explaining with his hands said, "stars have lots of points like this!" HA! John and I got a good laugh out of that one.
  • Levi's spin toothbrush recently had its batteries die. It took us a few days to get him new ones and when I brushed his teeth (yes I said, "I" because how many kids really get those things clean?) the other day he said, "Ahhhh, this toothbrush just makes my heart so happy."
  • I recently said to Levi, "What do you mean, Jellybean". He got VERY upset and said that he is NOT a jellybean! He's LEVI!!!!!!!!
  • Levi was being his usual chatty self the other day and I was sort of tuning out and telling Levi that I was busy and he said, "Do you know why I like talking to you?" I said, "Why?" and he said, "Because I just love the sound of your voice. It's so beautiful to me."
  • I let my sister borrow 'Nacho Libre' a while ago. Levi didn't even know it was gone. But when he saw it out on the counter after it had been returned, he asked where it had been so I told him that Aunt Laura had borrowed it. He said, "I think she needed to borrow it because Preston (her son) wants to grow up and be a fighter and he needs to learn how."
  • Levi recently learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. He picked it up lightning fast and so now he has been riding his teeny tiny bike all over the place. He looks so big on that tiny bike. I guess I know what to get him for his 6th birthday in June. Seeing him on it makes me realize how big he's getting. I wish there was a Tivo button for kids so that I could pause, fast-forward and rewind all the good parts.

28 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

He does seem like the perfect child. I loved the few other sayings you told me at the shower. I think he gets it from you :) I loved this post and it will be so great to have this all written down for him - and for you to look back on when he IS a teenager!

The Brann's said...

Those were all fun to read about Levi. I loving hearing comments kids make. It always makes me smile!!

Nortorious said...

It's hard being a misunderstood child genius. I feel Jellybean's pain. My sisters used to call me "Normal" and I'd scream "I'm NOT Normal!"

Mariel said...

What a sweet boy! I need to train my kids to tell me I'm looking pretty!

♥Shally said...

He does seem awesome!

Jaxon doesn't like french fries. I know that it is better for him health-wise, but HELLO? Who doesn't like FRENCH FRIES???

He hates Jello too. And his is a mormon from UTAH.

Jennie said...

Cute stuff! That Levi is a hoot! Whenever he says, "Um, Jennie...." he always sounds so grown up. He's hilarious! Love the pictures, too.

Vickie said...

What a sweetheart. I loved reading about him. It's fun to get to know your little family.

chrissy said...

HA! The one about the star cracks me up. It's funny to get a little glimps into what little kids think of things.

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome! And funny! and sweet! I just think little boys are so fun.

Anonymous said...

Levi is so cute! His cute comments remind me of Preston at that age , so don't worry, Preston is still a really good kid and fun to be around -- I think he's still working on being a fighter (Nacho)! lol
I remember at Christmas I was on the phone with you and Levi burst in from outside while John was hanging lights and said,"I am so proud of Dad for putting up the Christmas lights!" I am still laughing about that one! Levi is GREAT!

Love, Laura

Celia Fae said...

Look! Not last!

Ah, the ubiuitous Levi post. I've been waiting for this moment. He is almost as darling as Faith. I'm so glad you have a dreamy first child. It really helps. I was a dreamy first child, at least in my version of childhood.

McMillan Family said...

Love the post. I totally agree i wish we would pause and rewind. Man they grow up way to fast. We need to get Levi and Tyler together they are the same age and there birthdays are the same month what day is Levi's b-day? Tylers is June 10th

Tristan said...

Yeah, I brush my daughter's teeth too. If I didn't only the front ones would get brushed. What a cute little boy you have! I love how literal children are!

Lauren in GA said...

Awwwwww, I love the Levi-isms! He is so adorable...I especially loved what he said about hearing your voice. What a total sweetheart!

I love your idea about having some sort of real life TiVo...I want that, too!

Or, I want some sort of computer chip inplanted in my eye so that if my kids are doing something cute I can just press my temple and snap a picture of it and I won't loose the moment by having to run and get a camera.

Jen said...

How sweet! My Cody has been a dream child, but he's too much of a rough, and tough boy to pay his mom any compliments like Levi does. I have to trick him into getting hugs and kisses now. It was nice when he couldn't run away and defend himself from mom.

Becky said...

You gave me some good ideas. Teach my kids to tell me how pretty I am. ;)
He is a sweetie for sure!!!

Melissa said...

oh what a sweetheart! Always nice to have such a good natured child

Sunny said...

How funny! I think the star comment was my favorite. :) He is definitely in his "literal" stage, isn't he? This post made me look forward to when Danny and I have fun interactions, not just him screaming for more food. :)

Sarah said...

He's even a dream child in primary. On sunday he kept calling me Mrs. Steredon. So cute!

Crissy said...

Awww!! What a cutie pie!! I love all the conversations you included here, Holly!! And think of all those possible scapbook page topics ;) LOL!!

Jake said...

I would pay big bucks for Kid TiVo. I would pause through the snuggle baby stage and fast forward potty-training! He is a cute little guy...

Kari said...

Oh Holly you will be so glad that you wrote all of those cute things down! I love how he rides around on the teeny tiny bike. That is so adorable. I love how literal kids are too! Isn't it so great!!!!

Kar

Bridget said...

What a cutie! I love that he loves to hear your beautiful voice. That has got to just make your day!

D-dawg said...

Levi is so darling and sweet. What day in June is his b-day? Logan turns 6 in June too. When he told you your voice is beautiful and he loves talking to you I bet you felt really bad for tuning out. I tune my kids out a lot too but then feel bad when they are so sweet about it.

janelle said...

Amen to the Tivo idea. As much as you love to see all their changes as they get older, sometimes you just want a bit of their littleness back. When you figure out the secret of making this work, please share.

Levi is adorable!

Lynsie said...

That Levi makes me Giggle.... HeHeHe... Its so fun to see who they are growing into. I love kids more and more when I see all the cute funny things they see and do. Love you Jellybean!! And thats a wonderful son, to tell his mother that she is beautiful and he loves her voice.. I love your voice too.

Momma Ballou said...

EVERY time we drive past your house (which is everyday) Porter says "hi Levi" and begs to play with him. I always tell him Levi's at school. I wish they were the same age, Levi would be a good exapmle for him.

Kim said...

What a DOLL! I love that he says that he loves the sound of your voice! It gives me hope for the future. Having a 2-year-old is HARD WORK!