Faith had her 9 month checkup yesterday along with two shots. She's a teeny little squirt, but she's a strong one! When the lady was trying to measure her, she laid her down and was holding down her feet to measure her and Faith sat straight up without even using her hands. She has abs of steel. It must come from the Evans side of the family because it sure as heck didn't come from mine. No offense Mom and Dad.
Here's her Stats:
Height: 27 Inches 30th Percentile
Weight: 16.45 pounds 20th Percentile
Head Circ. : 43 cm 25th Percentile
Some things Faith is doing now:
Crawling everywhere
Standing unassisted for a few seconds
Walking across furniture
Walking when you hold her hands
Eating "big people" food and liking it better than slimy baby food
Growing vampire fangs for teeth
Getting two chompers on the bottom
Doing her "scrunchie face" smile. My favorite.
Shying away on my shoulder when someone says hello to her
NOT HOLDING STILL when I try to change her diaper thereby smearing poop all over the place and laughing about it.
Watching Sesame Street. That show sure is funny. I like Cookie Monster the most. Elmo is too whiny.
Bouncing up and down and freaking out every time she sees the fish tank.
Cuddling her "baby" Cabbage Patch doll and any stuffed animal she can get her hands on.
Still eating the pink blankie
Wanting to eat or drink everything that I eat or drink and arching her back in a fit if she doesn't get it.
Bonking her head all the time which means always having a purple bruise on her forehead.
Growing more hair.
*Edit*: I forgot to add my most favorite that she is saying "Mamma". Awwwwwww!
Pulling my hair, earrings and anything else on me that dangles.
We're having a little debate about getting Faith's ear's pierced. Audry makes a great point that the earlier you do it, the less they mess with them which means less chance for infection. I also asked the pediatrician about it and she does it herself and makes sure that it's done properly. She says it doesn't really matter as long as they're at least 2 months old. I just think Faith would look so cute with tiny earrings in. John, on the other hand, thinks we should wait. Thoughts? Opinions? Please discuss.
Thanks to Joyce for taking all the cute pictures of Faith and watching her today while Levi and I went to the dentist. I forgot to take my camera to document the Dentist visit. But a Levi post is forthcoming, I promise.
Thanks to Joyce for taking all the cute pictures of Faith and watching her today while Levi and I went to the dentist. I forgot to take my camera to document the Dentist visit. But a Levi post is forthcoming, I promise.
.bmp)



31 comments:
Oh, she sure is cute. I love her abs of steel. Maybe she could do a workout video for me. ;)
Oh gosh she is soooo cute. My daughter is almost 6 months and I can't wait till she is your daughter's age! What fun!
Oh my gosh her little grin is so darn cute. All my kids are little so those stats seem totally normal to me.
She is so cute. Love the scrunchy face. She is a tiny little girl compared to my boy's 9 month stats!! It's sounds like Faith is doing the same things as Bradyn. They are so fun! Now I just have to conquer the "sleeping through the night" thing!
She's adorable. I just love her. I don't have any suggestions on the earring idea. I just know my kids aren't getting theirs done...ha ha ha ha. She would look cute with little earrrings though.
I'm neutral in the earring debate. We're going through it ourselves. I always thought I'd have my girl's ears pierced (because mine are) but now I'm thinking that I'll wait until she wants it done. I told my mom that and she said I was ridiculous- every little girl wants her ears pierced! I still can't decide if I want her to have the choice or just get it over with because it'll end up happening anyways. We'll just have to see!
I have pierced all my girl's ears at 12 weeks old. They cry for TWO seconds, then it is over, and they don't fuss about it. They don't pull on them, because they are too young to know any better. I love that they have them.
Some people freak out about it though... so to each his own! :)
I have strong feelings against ear piercing but I'm not sure why? I have never had my ears pierced because one of my ears is deformed but I did let my sisters take Sara to get her ears pierced when she was 6 so I guess I'm not that against it.
Faith is the cutest!!!
Piercing of the ears. Oooohhh. Touchy subject. Most people are quite opinionated about the subject. I do think it is awfully cute though when little babes have sweet little studs.
And I'm sad that your peep show post has been sitting there the whole time I was out of town. THAT IS FUNNY!
And Faith is the big girl tub.... CUTE! She really looks like her dad in those pictures. Oh, and who's to say she doesn't get her abs of steel from you. I have abs of steel, they're just HIDING!
She is ABSOLUTELY adorable. I want to squeeze her and snuggle her and kiss her!
On the ears, I say do it. I made mine wait until she was five and gave in because she was BEGGING every day for it. It was no big deal. I think it would be easier if they were younger. I'd say just go for it. She'd look so dang cute.
Oh so cute!! She is a tiny thing!My boys were always in the 75th percentile.
I am waiting on the ears only because she can only do it once (no second pierce). I just always think that if she had them done even at 4, she will want it done again at 14. Maybe it's just because I got my second pierce done at 27, and then a couple years later had to remove them.
Thanks for taking Sam for me today!!!
she is adorable! i love the scrunchie little smile! our third daughter was 3 weeks early and a tiny little thing, too! her stats are similar to faith's.
in my family we had to wait until we were 12 to get our ears pierced, so we were old enough to take care of them ourselves. mom didn't want it to be her responsibility. i will probably wait, just for the pure reason that that is what i had to do! i do think little girl babies look cute with earrings, though!
Man, talk about power crunches!!!
I love it when babies snuggle a baby doll and shy away on my shoulder.
She is so cute!
I want a girl! But, enough about me...
Darling, darling pictures! What fun to share her baby phases.
I say go ahead and pierce them. Earrings would look cute on her, but she's cute without them, OF COURSE! My mom made me wait until I was 8 to get my ears pierced.
Faith is such a cutie! I may be biased about the whole ear piercing thing because Ava got hers when she was 4 months old. I did it for a couple reasons...she didn't see it coming and could only cry after it was done (which she did, but not for too long), she won't ever have to paste the earring stickers on her ears (uugh), finally, it's the most fun things ever so why deprive her and me of years of fun? It's really not such a big deal in the end. Go for it!
Faith will love her pretty little earrings, I promise.
Ohhhhh so cute. I love the dimple! I just have to smile when I see your kids. I wish I was more motivated and have abs of steel. I have abs of flab.
My mom made me wait to get my ears pierced until I was twelve. It was torture. All of the other girls had there's done years before me. I say go for it.
Don't pierce her ears. Her little body is perfect as is, just use stick ons if you can't stand it.
I know. Very conservative.
Why is she so mini? Are all your kids mini mes? Celia's Alice and Faith should be pals.
Faith is darling! I am so biased about the ear piercing and it is probably because of where I work. Let's just say that sometimes the whole baby ear piercing comes across as a little ....okay I decided I don't want to say it because I really don't want to offend any one. It really is probably JUST ME! Do what you want. She is a doll!
Laura
She is so adorable! And I say go for it. I wish I would've done Ellie's. Faith would look soooo cute.
Holly, you forgot to post the picture of Faith that was my very favorite. Shame on you. She is so cute, even when she's so tired that she can't hold her head up...
You know how I feel about jewelry... bleckkk!!!
Good thing I have only boys...
joyce
Do it! But then you know my thoughts on the subject. She is so cute. When is her bday? Tatum just turned 10 months. Too bad Faith didn't live closer they could be friends.
She is just too dang cute. Love the pics.
I had to wait until I was 10 to get my ears pierced. I think babies with earrings are so dang cute, but I don't know if I would really do it if I had a girl?? You'd just have to make sure you take good care of them and clean them, which is duable.
Don't make a drama about earrings, cause it really is no big deal. I am yet to meet a mother who REGRETS having her daughter's ears done. Don't stress the issue. When they are older, it isn't like there isn't pain??? All girls look cute with them done. I am yet to see a girl who looks worse they have earrings!
Love the photos, they are just so gorgeous.
Oh, I am coming over.......I am sure you know that. Jeff bought the ticket as a birthday gift. I am going to Thailand for a week first then will be home a week then you will see me! Plan some fun stuff for us all! Laura has heaps of fun stuff in mind. I can't wait to see you.....and your beautiful bubbies! I am going to give that dimple of Faiths a nibble! love Marsha
She's so adorable!! As a Hispanic baby, I had my ears pierced when I was 2 weeks old...and I turned out OK...I think.
She is so dang CUTE!! I can't get over her cute dimples!!
My daughter Michelle was always on the 5% of everything! That girl is so dang skinny. She didn't weight 25 lbs until she was 5.
I must say, Audry's Baby Tatum's ears look adorable. It's not like you could screw Faith up.
Fifth percentile as of today, baby. Up from third. Alice could still take Faith.
Such a cutie, she is starting to look like a little girl! And my chub Drew outweighed her at 4 months!!
As far as the ear piercing, Sean and I are having the same debate, I want to and he doesn't. . .maybe if you do it and he sees how cute Faith is, I'll have more ammo!
Pierce them, pierce them! She would look sooo cute. We haven't had any problems with Liv's ears so far. We debated with our first daughter and ended up waiting until her third birthday, when she knew not to touch them or pull them. So we decided to do it earlier with Liv, when she can't yank on them yet. And I'm glad we did! Liv cried harder that we held her head straight and pinned her arms, than the actual piercing through her ears. Plus, this is such an akward "hair" phase... Not long enough to do ponytails and braids, but too long to keep doing headbands. Earrings will make sure no one mistakes her for a boy! I know, I know, I sound incredibly vain, but all the girly girl stuff is so much fun! You should DO IT! :)
oh.my.gosh!
that face.
I miss the baby stage.
I need to start reading blogs of old ladies like me because seeing all these cute little ones makes me want one!!!
Piercing ears...if you don't like em or she fusses and plays with them you can always take them out and she will heal. My best mom advise on the subject.
What a happy little girl and so adorable!
Post a Comment