I have some news.
Some BIG NEWS.
It's so big that it's 'I-can't-even-believe-it-myself-kind-of-news'....
It's shocking.
It's happy.
It's exciting.
And it's coming at the end of July.
Any guesses?
Here's a little hint:

We are overjoyed and beyond grateful for this amazing blessing.
A blessing we thought might not come again to our little family.
I'm sure you are all DYING to know HOW this all happened since we have had such a hard time conceiving. In case you missed the post explaining our situation, CLICK HERE.
It happened the month I stopped infertility treatments.
Now, before you go telling me it's because I finally 'relaxed', just be aware that I might VERY WELL bite your head off if you say that to me. The truth of the matter is I was still VERY HYPERSTIMULATED from being on all the injectable fertility drugs. My doctor thinks this is why I was lucky enough to have it happen. He says it has happened before, but it is rare. I also have an extreme case of polycystic ovaries. Combine that with the fact that they were overstimulated and my chances go up A TON. But it was still a shot in the dark. Literally.
Here is what I know to be true:
I believe that Heavenly Father guided us to do all those fertility treatments for a reason. Before I found out I was pregnant, I had finally accepted His will for our family. At least, for a season. We were planning on making more 'possible' decisions come January, but I was happy to not be doing anything at the time. And I felt good about it. So good that I have never before had so much peace about something. Ever. I know that I was supposed to do all 6 of those painful, heartwrenching infertility cycles plus the HSG and I also know I was supposed to quit when I did. After stopping, I was in a very good place for four entire weeks. Now, I know that might not seem like a lot of time for many of you, but I had every intention of letting that good feeling continue. I knew my period was supposed to be coming, but was in no way worried about it or upset at its prospect.
The pregnancy part of the story:
Obviously my period never came. When I finally took a test and saw that it was positive, I immediately called my Reproductive Endocrinologist. They ordered blood work right away. The results were back in an hour and I was told I was most likely going to miscarry. Even then, I was completely calm and not the least bit upset (which is so unlike me). I put my trust completely in the Lord and moved forward. Two days later, more blood work was ordered. My HCG numbers had doubled but my numbers were still very low ( The reason my numbers were so low is because even though I was extremely late for my cycle, I was completely 'off' from the previous month of injectable drugs. So basically I caught it VERY early. But according to charts, the doctor's office thought I should have been further along. Make sense?). I went in for a high tech ultrasound at my specialists office. It was early and he couldn't see much so he wanted me to come back a week later. He also ordered two more blood tests (a total of four). All the bloodwork came back great and my HCG numbers kept doubling. When we finally came back for another ultrasound, that is when we finally saw the baby and the heartbeat. Such a good sign!
I haven't shared this news earlier for many reasons. This is my 6th pregnancy. I've had three miscarriages before so I typically like to hold off as long as possible. I may have even held out longer except for the fact that I'm looking pretty pregnant right now. I don't think I could fool too many people for too much longer. Also, I am extremely high risk. I have a subchorionic hematoma. My R.E. has me on a very high dose of progesterone and also mild bed rest. I say mild because I'm typically doing the same stuff but haven't been able to work out or lift, etc. A lot of times these hematomas heal themselves in the first trimester. At my last appt. with my O.B., it had shrunk a bit from the previous visit. Yay! I'm in a really good place and finally feeling like it's time to share the joy.
I'd love for you to share in the joy with me. Won't you, please?


67 comments:
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm doing a happy dance right now. :-)
Yea, yea, yea, a million times yea!!!!
That is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations, my friend!
HORRAY HORRAY HORRAY!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!! :) :) Amazing miracles all around - yoo hoo!!!
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH!! I am beyond thrilled for you!!!!! What wonderful, fantastic, amazing news!!! Xoxoxoxoxoxo
Yippee!!!! That is amazing! I'm with Susannah, let's all do the happy dance.
Yay! Celebrating out loud with you!!
Holly, I am completely and totally overjoyed for you!!! That is so, so, so, so WONDERFUL!!!!!!
You look beautiful in the picture holding your positive test. You can just see the joy in your beautiful eyes!
Now, I am off to go read and comment on your Bachelor post. I actually WATCHED the other night for the first time. I can't wait to see what you have to say ☺.
are you intentionally hiding your braces with your prego stick?
shame.
congrats again, mama.
ps i'll bet this post nets you a record number of comments. mark my words.
It's about time you shared the news! I've been dying to read about it! Hope you're feeling better! We need to get together again soon!
Congratulations again!!! I'm really so excited for you!
So excited and happy for you!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Incredilbe news! So excited what a fabulous blessing. Totally thrilled for you!
HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so,so,so,so,so excited for you! I hope the rest of this pregnancy is very calm and perfect. You deserve such! You are amazing! Congrats a zillion times!!!!
Waaaaahoooo!!! I am sooooo happy for you! I have a ton of girl clothes if you need them, since Kieryn was my last baby I don't know what to do with them. When are you due?
Couldn't be happier for you!
I like the way you strategically hid your braces with the pregnancy test. :)
I am thinking a candy bar poster may be in order...
I wish I could make this font bigger..but...YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!!!
omgosh! that's so exciting! congrats a thousand times over!
HOLLY!!!!!!! Yay! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! This baby couldn't ask for a better family! Are you going to find out what it is, or will you be surprised?
Congratulations a million times over! I hope this pregnancy is smooth and uneventful. How many weeks are you?
WOW. what a story! I am so happy for you. I know lots of people who are struggling right now.. It is nice to hear a success story!
TOTALLY sharing the joy with you. WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There you go again, making my eyes leak. Yet another miracle in your lives. God loves you and so do we.
Congrats congrats congrats! I couldn't be happier for you. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!
YAY YAY YAY!!!!
This is the BEST news I've heard all week!
SO excited!
This is great news Holly! I am so happy and thankful for your pecious family!!!
Julie
That is SO awesome!!! I'm happy for you guys! I'll keep you in my prayers that it all goes well for the rest of the pregnancy.
Oh Holly! I'm so excited for you. I'm crying. A good healthy, fellow pregnancy cry. Hooray again and again!
WOOT!!!! So excited for you!!
I am really happy for you, and a little jealous! If I am to be honest! Wish you the best!
Thanks to everyone for all the hearty 'Congratulations'!
For those who want to know, I am 15 weeks.
Oh! I can't stop crying!! I'm so so happy for you and your wonderful news for and for your family. This just makes my heart so happy! YEAH!!!
I am so happy for your family! This IS fantastic news.
May your pregnancy be as healthy as possible and the baby be healthy too.
Sara
Huge congrats, Holly! So, so exciting! And your eyes look gorgeous in that pic of you.
Gee, Holly, the least you could do is show a little enthusiasm! ;-) I am not happy for you at all. I am ecstatic! I guess God couldn't resist another go at putting you and hubby's genes together. Just remember... you asked for it! You are going to be totally outnumbered now. Isn't it grand? :-) Love and hugs to you.
Happy happy happy times!!!! I am dying to know what it is though. When will you find out!!??
Congrats!!!!! I hope the rest of the pregnancy continues to go well.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you I could pee!
Sad that I have to find out reading your blog :( but so glad to hear wonderful news!
Love you and I am wishing for the best!
Congratulations Holly, wonderful news. We will have summer babies together! How fun!
From one Holly to another...HUGE congratulations!!! What an awesome answered prayer!!
CONGRATS, Buddy!! How Exciting!! :)
Yay the Cat is finally out of the bag!
I'm beyond thrilled for you and your family! And when you get too big to clean your bathtub - I'll be there. And when your belly gets in the way of washing dishes -I'll be there. And when you have hot flashes - I'll have a fan ready. And when you have a craving for a milkshake, or what not,- I'll go with you. And when you can't reach your your ankles to shave them - Ummm... JOHN will be there! :)
I'm sooo happy for you! (and i'm a tad jealous. yikes.)
Oh Holly. I'm so SO happy for you! Congratulations! Oh, and your sister is in my ward.
Again, I am so very happy for you!!!
Holly I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you and your cute family! Congratulations!!! So when is your due date? We should be due right about the same time, I'm due August 2, but my doctor is planning on starting me July 26th (which is a week early) who knows if you deliver at McKay we might just be there together. Congrats again, please let me know if you need anything at all.
What great news Holly! So happy for you!!
Carrie
Holly I am SOOO happy for you and your family! YEAA!!!!
Oh my Gosh!!!!!!! HOlly that is the best news ever!!!! I am extremely excited for you!!! I am calling you right now!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family. (I will never tell you it was because you relaxed...I still want to kill people when they say that and I don't even have drugs circulating in my body) This is the best news ever. Congrats
YEAH! Soooooooooo happy for you!
am super excited for you. I am jumping up and down for you. congrats,congrats, and more congrats.
Holy Cow!!! I have been thinking about you tons and I am glad that there is such happy news!!!!
YEA HOLLY! Is it weird that I have kind of been waiting for you to post about this? I didnt know you were prego, but I was still expecting it.....
SUCH GREAT NEWS! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Oh Holly, I am OVERJOYED for you and your family. :) You are amazing. I hope everything keeps going well. By the way, when do you find out you're having a boy? Soon???? :)
As for me, I think it's a big fat NO this month. I feel the cramps coming on!
congrats Holly, that is awesome!
so excited for you! we have traveled that same road many times and i KNOW how wonderful it is to get that positive when you aren't expecting it! when we got pregnant with our third it was when i was on provera waiting to start my period. it never came! rare, but possible! we were NOT expecting to get pregnant but we did!!
i am just so thrilled for you!
Oh Holly, I am so happy for your family. That is the best news ever. Congratulations!!!!
Congratulations Holly and Family!!
I'm so excited for you!!!! That's awesome!!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I have low progesterone and I have to go on it every pregnancy too. Wow! It's amazing! So happy for you!
I am so excited and I think it is going to be a boy! Are you going to have blog votes for projecting the gender? lol
Best news ever Holly- I'm so thrilled for you guys. Keep taking care of yourself and that sweet little baby!
I'd have to disagree with Laura! It's definitely going to be a girl! On a side note, you've corrupted me... I'm actually excited to watch bachelor tonight
I'm tearing up and i've known for a month or so now! Such a humungous blessing!
I am sooooo happy for you! You take it easy now!
Post a Comment