I'm really lucky. I have a wonderful Mother and a wonderful step-mother. Pictured above is my mom holding Faith. I think there's never a time that you appreciate your mother MORE than when you start having children yourself. My mom had seven children. Seven. That's hard work. My mom is a gifted composer and a beautiful woman. And we get along really well (once we got past those horrible teen years). And that's so important to me.
Mom, you did yourself proud! Just look at how great I turned out!!! Thank-you for all you do for me.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you!!!
Here's 5 of us (my oldest sister, Laura, must have been out on a hot date that night or something).
Joyce, Clark, Charlotte, Grant and me in the blue plaid sporting the mullet.
With divorce comes sadness. My childhood was full of sadness and heartbreak. No one wants to see their parents get divorced.
But what's great about it is that I got another mother a few years later. And she's wonderful. She raised 5 girls of her own and thought she was done. Then she got remarried and I (the youngest) was only four and she had to do it all over again. It can't be easy being a step-mother to 6 children. But she did amazingly well. And she really loves me. She's genuine. She's beautiful. And she's a great cook and she used to hold my hair back when I threw up (not after her cooking though. Just in general.)
Happy Mother's Day, Bette. I love you!!!
My Dad and Bette
My Dad and Bette

.jpg)


24 comments:
A very nice post! Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom and Step-Mom :)
That was SO sweet! You look just like your mom!
Wow, only four years old and your parents getting divorced. That must have been so hard. How great that you have such a good attitude and appreciate your step mom.
I agree with Rochelle, you look so much like your mom.
LOVE that picture-- it is hilarious!
You look good in plaid. ;)
I love the plaid picture, too :)
This was such a great post to honor both women.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)
"...not after her cooking" HA. glad you threw that one in there. your mom sounds awesome... and you two really look alike.
happy mother's day!
What a great tribute to your mom's. And a very Happy Mother's Day to you too!!!
It's not often that someone pays tribute to their mother and step-mother. Both of them must be very special. Your mom is gorgeous! You deffinitely have nothing to worry about.
The mullet will go down in history as the 80's fashion statement of all time! If you did not rock the mullet sometime in your life... well, then you should've never shown your face in public! Your particular mullet is #1 on my fashion chart.
Happy Mother's day to you!!! You're lucky to have 2 great mom's to celebrate!!
Sweet Holly, very sweet. Did you remember to call both of them yesterday? You have suffered from "Oops, I forgot to call" syndrome, lately, remember?
And... at least your mullet wasn't permed like some unfortunate soul I can think of...:( Few things are worse than a permed mullet (except of course, a spiky on top mullet, which I can honestly say I never sported)
It IS nice to have 2 moms that love you...even if it had to come through the pain of divorce. I was 15 when my parents got divorced, so I understand. Moms are great, huh!
How lucky you are to have 2 moms. That's double the good advice with your own mothering! Hope you had a terrific mom day!
I like the kneeling jammies photo. Are you being super fans of the guitar playing kid?
You definitely have a better perspective on families than most of us. I can't wait to hear a little about the two dads on Father's Day!
You love me, Holly. You can't help it.
okay......first of all great post and fabulous photos!! ( and you are cuter than your mom )hehe ( of course I am biased)
I don't understand why I am not receiving your emails??? I mean, I get Janets and my sister Sonja's! I certainly did not get any from Charlotte or Laura and am concerned that they are lost in cyber space. My mother emailed me your ' concern ', email and I responded. I am very confused.
love Marsha
Mom and Bette are the best! Great post.
Thankfully I am not in the picture or we could see what a permed mullet looks like. Sigh. Not good.
Marsha --- so sad everything is lost in cyberspace!
Holly, that is so sweet and so awesome that you have 2 moms to love. Your mom looks a lot like you I think. Hope you had a great mother's day!
Such a sweet post! Happy Belated Mothers day to you, buddy! Wonderul pics of your Mom and stepMom.
Love the mullet picture! So Cute!! :)
that is funny that you mentioned your step-mom holding your hair back when you threw up! my mom did the very same thing for me and i do the same thing for my girls! it's interesting how such a small gesture means so much to us, even now that we are on our own and don't have mom around to hold our hair back when we throw up!
your mom is beautiful and you look just like her!
And they thought cloning was something new, seems you had a head start!
I understand how you can love two Moms wholeheartedly, isn't it wonderful our hearts can expand like that?
Happy Mothers Day to you! Lucky for you to have a step mom that you love too. You hear so many step parent horror stories....it's good to hear some good ones.
To answer your question...Lauren actually just taught me how to do the little hearts.
Here are her instructions:
Okay, so the answer as to how I got the little heart ♥ to appear on my blog...(and I got this from a blogger called MomBabe) (have to give credit where credit is due ☺ )
If you want graphics put your numbers lock key on...found over in the part of the keyboard that is to the right...I think it is called the 10 key pad...
So, with the Num Lock ON
hold down the Alt key and use your ten key pad to type the numbers
Alt + a number = graphics
Alt 1 ☺
Alt 2 ☻
Alt 3 ♥
Alt 4 ♦
Alt 5 ♣
Alt 6 ♠
then to get music notes...
Alt 1 then quickly type 3 is ♪
Alt 1 then quickly type 4 is ♫
Fun, huh??? :)
You are so kind-hearted! Way to be a loving daughter and step-daughter and letting your love be felt!
The picture of you and your brothers and sisters is great...I wish I had some that were that old.
Post a Comment