Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weekend Review on a Tuesday

On Saturday we went to the horse auction as a family. It's been a yearly February tradition ever since John and I dated. It used to be a lot more fun when we didn't have screaming children come along. But Levi and Faith will grow to love it too. Levi's favorite part is walking around and begging for more treats. It's fun to see the pretty horses and listen to the auctioneers talk really fast. The highlight of it for me was when there was a horse that was going to sale for $7,400 dollars. It was an exciting moment. Then the seller said he wouldn't sell it for less than $7,500 dollars and the the guy that bid $7,400 wouldn't go higher and the seller wouldn't go lower. NO SALE! All over 100 bucks!! I was SHOCKED! I even had a dream about it.
At the auction, I almost bought this shirt! Isn't it beautiful?
On Sunday we took a drive up the BEAUTIFUL canyon and let Levi shoot his BB gun.
I secretly think the trip was so that JOHN could shoot the BB gun.
Faith and I came too.

And they climbed to the top of the MOUNTAIN!

After all that family togetherness, we all needed a nap.

On a side note, see those pants that John was wearing in the BB pictures? Well, there was a big container of BB's in those pants. Those pants then got put in the dirty clothes. Then those pants got washed and dried by yours truly. And now those BB's are all through the dryer. Nice.

28 comments:

The Brann's said...

What a fun weekend!!! Hopefully those BB's don't make too much noise in the dryer!!!

Anonymous said...

That puts a new spin on keeping your ammo dry. Cute pictures. Sorry about the puns (not). :-)
Your WSM

Audry said...

Nothing like BB's rolling around your dryer. I love the picture of the kids and their dad at the top of the MNT. Tradition are fun even when the kids don't quite appreciate them.

Lisa-Marie said...

The picture of Faith waving....so cute.

What a fun weekend! Hope your week is just as nice!

Jennie said...

What a fun weekend. I have heard it's a good idea to put a ball in the dryer to help fluff the clothes...the BBs might fluff for you. You did a great job on your talk Sunday!! John was so proud when Faith fell asleep on his shoulder!

Jill said...

Okay, first off...were you serious about that shirt?
Secondly, cute pix of all the hand waving!!
Thirdly, glad you had so much fun because my husband would never think that was fun! It's nice we have a diverse world huh and we're not all the same.
Have a good week!!!!!!!!! xoxo

Christie said...

Ah, horses and shooting. Sounds like my husband's off-the-grid dream life. Too bad I make him live in suburbia with cell phones, computers, and Target. Nothing like crushing his dreams.

Love the pics.

Hollyween said...

Jill,
are you serious that you think I'm serious about that shirt??? It's the pure definition of hideous!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved you didn't really like that shirt. For a minute I was a little worried!

Laura

McMillan Family said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. Don't you just love ot when they don't clean out there pockets. Then they think that should be your job also. I have washed so many differnet things that I am surpised that my washer still works

Bridget said...

I love the huge binky in Faith's mouth. So cute. Glad you were kidding about the shirt. We would have had to have a fashion intervention if so.

Kim said...

CUUUUUTE pic of Faith in the truck! What fun! I love listening to auctioneers.

Becky said...

I love that shirt you were going to buy. It would look just lovely on you. ;)
How fun. Good luck with the bb's!

Sunny said...

What an eventful weekend! Love the waving pics the best. Oh, and the shirt, how lovely. Although I've never been to a horse auction, so maybe that's appropriate attire!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Faith is so cute in all those pictures. She is making me want India to wake up so I can kiss her fat little cheeks off.

Hilarious about the bb's. 2 weeks ago we had to have a repairman come because Sam had left a bunch of screws in his pocket and they messed up the washer. Good times....

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Holly, I am so glad that I am not the only one that forgets to check pockets and ends up washing things! That makes me feel better. I have ruined 2 cell phones, an ipod and numerous tubes of lip gloss! I love reading your blog and your pics are darling!!!

The Nelson Family said...

I would love to go to a horse auction! I think I told you that we had horses and I miss them so much. I can't believe the BB's in the dryer. I thought I was only going to have to start checking pockets before they went into the wash when I had kids clothes to wash. That was until I washed a few of Brad's things. Oh well.

Nortorious said...

No, that shirt is NOT beautiful.

Nortorious said...

The nice try censors subtitle was back when I got in trouble at work because of my blog. I had to go completely anonymous, which is why you won't see my real name or identifying job stuff. I got in BIG trouble, but it's over now. Hence, nortorious.

Hollyween said...

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Now the confusion is over. I do remember hearing little bits from blog to blog about that story. Maybe Celia will share with me at Blogapalooza. I hope you reconsider going!!!!

Lauren in GA said...

That was great! I love the picture of Faith waving from the car!

If you had bought that hideous shirt you could have just let all of the "bedazzles" ruin your dryer along with the BB's.

Your family is so cute! I remember there was an animal auction close to where I grew up in Virginia. My parents used to threaten us that they were going to auction us off with the other barnyard animals. Don't worry, it didn't emotionally scar me or anything...*sniff* Just kiddin' :)

Anonymous said...

how cute is Faith in that pic of her waving from the car?? priceless.

and bb's in the dryer? wow. have fun with that one for loads to come... hehe

Anonymous said...

I also feel that you give me too much credit for arrows... ha

but just drop me an email (alanos@comcast.net) and I'll share - waay easy.

hint - i used powerpoint.

Jim said...

what's wrong with the shirt? I have one just like it. I made it at homemaking. ;)

Momma Ballou said...

oops, Jim is me, April I'm using my dad's computer.

Mariel said...

Fun! That's funny that you wash bullets too! I regularly was bullets, nails, quarters, and drill bits. It makes me nuts...

Jill said...

Oh good. I THOUGHT you were kidding about that shirt, but I didn't know for sure! I'm so glad you are normal :)
xoxo

Jenibelle said...

You know, if you had bought the shirt we might have been able to get you on "What not to wear!" $5000 and a free trip to New York, might want to rethink the shirt...