
I do nearly ALL my grocery shopping at Walmart. I don't enjoy Walmart. I go there simply because it really is cheaper. Plus they price match everything from other grocery stores. I hate their produce (except their green onions) and I hate that I have to go there. I hate the people and I hate the aisles. I also hate the employees (except for maybe one or two nice ones) who don't help you when you need it. I also hate what Walmart does to small business and neighborhoods. I hate that I'm saying hate so much. ButI we all know that Walmart brings in so much trash and it kills the little guy.
But I shop there. Because I need to save money.
I call Target my vacation store. Because when I shop there, I'm taking a much needed vacation from Wal-Fart. You know that epidose of Seinfeld where Kramer widens the lanes of the highway and Elaine drives and weaves back and forth because she is enjoying the extra space? She sits back in the car and makes herself comfortable and says, "this is nice!" Well, that's ME at Target. I like Target clothes, Target food and the Target brand. I find the red shirts and khaki pants pleasing to the eye and I like their layout too. You know those Archer Farms specialty chips they have? I always have to buy a bag of the blue corn chips when I'm there. Target makes me happy. I never dread going to Target like I do going to Wal-Fart. Because I know that at Target, I usually am only going there to get something exciting.Dear Target,
I love you. I wish your prices were as low as WalFarts, but I know that if they were you just wouldn't be Target. And you have to be YOU. And that's okay. It makes it that much more special when I visit you.
Until next time,
Holly


31 comments:
I LOVE Target....has to be my favorite store of all time!! I'd go there over Wal-mart anyday!!
You've said exactly what I've always thought. You should print this post and send it off to Target. A petition to lower prices, if you will. I'd TOTALLY sign it.
And I'd forge a few other names, too.
i wish we knew each other in real life. I swear we would be best friends. Anyone that says Wal-Fart is a friend of mine. I live practically next door to Target and I go there all the time. I feel the same about Wal-mart.
Yeah, when I get to do that Target Survey (and never win the $1K!) I always tell them how I wish they would ad match and double coupons. Obviously, I am quite the influence!
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!
WalFart!!!!!!!! That was rich!
You summed up my feelings here perfectly!
Well said!
I agree completely! Target is such a happy experience. When I have to go to Wal-Mart, and I only go when it's unavoidable, I always feel like I need a shower after.
Amen. You explained the love/hate relationship so well!
Have you learned this too--never wear a red shirt to target or a navy one to walfart. Ya, I don't know where the hemmorhoid cream is in EITHER store so stop asking me!
I do love the target, but I HATE their return policy! I end up being a walmart shopper for the groceries, and target shopper for all the fun stuff!
You wondered about the toy at our house...You can have it! It's an activity table for babies, and mine have outgrown it. (plus we have two) Babies can stand and play with it, or the legs come off and they play with it on the ground. SO cute!
Tar-Jay was your sister Laura's favorite store before it ever came to Utah. She was living in Arizona when she became addicted. It must run in the family.
Wal-mart is a necessary evil.
your WSM
I LOVE TARGET. I know what you mean about walmart and the whole saving money thing... but target wins every time!
I hear you completely. Although ever since I moved I haven't had to deal with Walmart because it is not a Super one. But Target was such a vacation spot for me when I lived in the desert. How sad is that? I think we need to get some excitement in our lives!
Walmart is the dirty, smelling white-trash cousin that nobody really likes but has to invite to every family party anyway. Target is the cute, funny aunt who always dresses nice and makes you feel good about yourself. I avoid Walmart like the plague, but only because mine doesn't sell groceries. If it did, I'd be there, too.
I love it. You summed up my feelings exactly. I really do save money buying my groceries as Wal-Fart (love the new nickname!), and it's only about 2 minutes from my house. I just can't justify the drive to Target as much as I'd love to shop there instead. I don't feel like I need to sanitize when I shop at Target like I do at Walmart. sigh...
Candi's husband call Walmart the "Big Monster" and says if we all don't stop feeding it, it will soon take over, run all the other stores out and then raise it's prices! What do you think? I have noticed many of the items at Walmart have gone up in price since the begining of the new year. Oh my, it's begining...
Oh yah, well I worked at Target for 4 months (summer before college and Christmas break when I came home to visit). So there.
I wish I was principled enough to to not shop at WalMart. I'm just cheap.
I must be on another planet, cause Target in Australia is soooooooo " not", what I am reading about here!!! Now Holly, I went to your Target when I came to Utah, and it is not that great!! I wish I could take all your lovely blog friends out to some serious FABULOUS shopping here in Australia. I would take you all to Myers, then to David Jones and then you can all say you have entered the Kingdom of celestial shopping! We would have a blast! Honestly ladies, Target is OUT OF DARKNESS and soooooooooooo last season! Start saving up!!
love Marsha
Due to an absolutely terrible experience my hubby and I had there back in November, we swore off Wal-Mart. To be honest, I have been more sane! I have had to think more about what I put in my cart at other places and I haven't spent any more, just come home with less things that we don't need. I also enjoy Target and have discovered that their sour cream is cheaper than Wal-mart!
Totally agree on all points! I actually don't mind spending the extra little money to save my sanity. I appreciate Target so much more now that the closest one to me is a 25 minute drive by freeway. LONG LIVE TARGET!
Holly I would like to request an addition to your blog. Would you please note your favorite blogs out there, that is if you have any favorites! I would love to visit them.
You hit the nail on the head. You guys need Meijer in that part of the country, it's Walmart prices with the Target atmosphere, and the one by me has a Starbucks in it (although that defeats the purpose of saving $$, but makes the shopping experience that much more enjoyable).
Well, fortunately, I live right by a Neighborhood Wal-mart and I quite like it. Sorry! It's SO much better than the super wal-mart. Target is WAY too expensive for me--it wish it wasn't. Their snack aisle is WAY too tempting for me.
I have sworn off Wal-Mart forever! I got soooo sick of their crowded aisles, rude people, their poorly stocked shelves, AND my biggest peeve of all is that they will stop carrying anything that I buy religiously. Case in point...Mott's Mango Applesauce, Dinosaur Oatmeal, Dep Hair gel, etc. That really chaps my hide. So...good riddance Wal-Mart. I would rather spend an extra $15 bucks when I go out to have a more peaceful & fulfilling experience when I shop.
You are toooo funny with your love letter to Target. As you know (because we've run into each other there) I love Target too. We quit going to Walmart almost 3 years ago because we don't agree with their business practices. I make up for the price differences by shopping with LOTS of coupons at sales in other stores, so I still get to buy mostly whatever I want. I save LOTS of money that way.
Well said. I agree completely. I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart due to their business practices, and I adore Target. I don't go very often, because I always spend money that I shouldn't be spending. But, Target gets my vote every time.
for past lost shows... google 'abc lost', you go straight to the website... all shows are right there. that's where I watch it when I miss one... all abc shows actually.
can't wait for your comments.
Target...you mean the Mother-Ship. It is always worth spending a little more if it means you can stay away from Wal-Mart (remember me from the Pampered Chef party - just blog surfing and found you again).
Hahaha! Great post!
The very first time I went to a WalMart I walked into the bathroom and saw a kid puking all over the floor. That about sums up all my thoughts and feelings about the place.
I never shop there.
Target however is completely enjoyable and educational. (I posted about our "field trips" to Target last month!)
I spend way too much there.
I can't bring myself to go to Walmart. Can you please do a study and tell us exactly how much you save by going to walmart? If I knew I would save a TON it might be worth it. I just love Target so much though.
Okay, I just saw this post, so maybe no one will see my comment, but I have to say that no one has suffered so much at Wal-Fart as I have!!!! I work in a court and guess what? Surprise, surprise, all our defendants go there and/or work there! I have been accosted many times there with stories of why a payment on a court fine cannot be made, what really caused the addiction to painkillers for someone's family member, etc. etc. Going there on Halloween was a particulary surreal experience. Defendants dressed up! AHHHH! All the other court clerks I know refuse to go there and travel far distances to Brigham City to shop at a "safer, abeit, more hickville" Wal-Fart. I have to avoid going there on weekends and evenings. I take an early lunch hour and go there when I know that all the bad people are "sleeping it off!"
Target is truly wonderful and I have been a fan for years. Their wide aisles and clean atmosphere add a feeling of luxury to my life. The dollar section brings happiness to my dull days. Sigh. If only they weren't so far away. My suffering is intense.
Laura
Amen. I too have a strong, unbreakable testimony of Target, which we affectionately call "The $100 Store". Can't go very often.
Post a Comment