Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day Loves

This morning, I woke up to these beautiful flowers on the table.



So as a tribute to the man I love, here are some of the things that make him so enduring.
Dearest Valentine, some of the things I love about you are:
  • How much you love to watch your shows. Seinfeld, The Brady Bunch, Mash, and of course your favorite, The Andy Griffith Show. These shows aren't nearly as fun to watch without you.
  • When you sing me little made-up diddies that make me laugh
  • How strong you were during your cancer diagnosis/chemotherapy. I don't know how you did it!
  • The fact that you usually love the same treats that I love. And when I get on a sugar kick, you usually want the same things I do.
  • You don't expect me to shovel snow. In fact, you'd really prefer I don't. And you always have it done before I even wake up. Thank-You.
  • Your use of old fashioned terms and words. Like "Fuddy Duddy", "Folks", "Sister Sue", "Law Dog", "10-4 Big Buddy!", and "Hey there, Tex!" I know there's more, but I can't think of them.
  • Your ability to drive anywhere and find it. You're directionally gifted.
  • Your love of nature, mountains and horses.
  • Your ability to leave work at work.
  • The way you look right before you go hunting. Hat, beard, garb, etc.
  • You're hot and ridiculously handsome.
  • The way you are "even Steven" just like Jerry in that Seinfeld episode.
  • These gorgeous kids you gave me.

  • You make me laugh with your subtle sense of humor. You have to listen closely, but if you catch it, it's hilarious!!
  • Snugs on Sundays.
  • You're kind. Everyone I run into that knows you tells me what a "nice guy" you are. And you are.
  • The way you're totally fine with having cold cereal for dinner sometimes. You totally get that I have "Mom" days and you never complain when there's no food on the table and the house is a mess.
  • You adore our children and you're a great father to them. You're also a phenomenal example.

  • You are the most patient person I know.
  • You really are my first choice of people to hang out with.
  • You're fun.
  • You're my best friend!!!

I Love You, John!!!

23 comments:

Jennie said...

Sigh! What a nice list. Happy Valentine's Day!

Lauren in GA said...

Awww, Holly, that was so sweet! I love reading posts like this one because I am so nosy, I mean, eh hem, curious about other people's love stories :)

He is gonna love this! You are a sweetie :)

The Brann's said...

That was sweet!!! Don't you just love days like this when you have an extra special reason to say how you feel???

Momma Ballou said...

If I weren't married and you weren't married, I'd marry John.(Did that make sence?)

Momma Ballou said...

If I weren't married and you weren't married, I'd marry John.(Did that make sence?)

Lisa-Marie said...

I agree with you. Don't they look so handsome/hot when they are all ready to go hunting?!?!!? Whew!

And I love the pic of John and Levi looking at the deer book.

L said...

Gorgeous flowers! What a catch you have! He sounds amazing and perfect for you. Happy Valentines Day!

Jessica said...

He sounds pretty perfect, Holly!

Becky said...

How sweet! What a great guy!
It was fun making clips with you today. We have to do it again soon!

D-dawg said...

So sweet Holly. John does seem so nice! I hope you guys have a great Valentines!

Bridget said...

That was so cute. And is he really holding Faith there in that last shot? She looks like she was Photoshop'd in there!

chrissy said...

Oh! Flowers!!! What a nice surprise to wake up to!

And I've never met your husband. But now when I picture him, I see him shoveling snow in his hunting gear while singing made-up little diddies. Awesome!

:)

Anonymous said...

John is a great guy. We are happy he is in the family!

Laura

Christie said...

Sounds like you got a real good one there. Loved reading this.

Kim said...

Ya'll are too cute. What a sweet list and beautiful flowers!!!

Bruces said...

What a nice tribute. He sounds like a really neat guy.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog. It makes my eyes water just knowing how happy you and John are. I wish all my daughters were as happy as you.
WSM

Sunny said...

Awww, how sweet. :) You guys obviously make a great couple. Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Oh, and I've never heard "Sister Sue" before. Is that a Utah thing?

Jake said...

I have photos of my husband holding our babies with one hand like that. Pretty cute!

Nortorious said...

Levi's expression in that picture is hilarious. Filled with naughty.

Anonymous said...

amazing post... lucky you!!

Celia Fae said...

Where'd you get those cute Faith tights?

Yeah, your boyfriend sounds pretty dreamy. Way to keep him alive.

Anonymous said...

what a lucky gal! he's a pretty lucky guy too ;)