Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Do You Miss Me??


I have 96 new posts in my Google Reader. I'm slowly making my way down. Blogging is like a second job. When I do really well at my second job, my first job (mothering, cooking, cleaning, washing, reading with Levi, etc.) sort of isn't going as well. So, I'm happy to say that my first job is going well. I feel ahead enough with my first job to work on my second job for a while but it's going to take some time so please be patient.
I know that my comments are the ones that everyone looks forward to the most. It's hard to be me sometimes.

26 comments:

Kari said...

So what's up with the cat? I LOVE your posts so if the house has to go to pot, so be it! They keep me so entertained!!!

Kari

Vickie said...

It's true, you are a GREAT commenter! Not that I have anything too new on my blog, but it's nice to hear from you all the same. :)

Hollyween said...

The cat's face depicts my angst at not being able to have it ALL and do it ALL.

Lisa-Marie said...

And now you and I have a third job? Doesn't being healthy feel like that sometime??!!

Glad you are back to the bloggy world.

Christie said...

Welcome back, friend. You were sorely missed. Having two jobs sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

Audry said...

See, you are good if you think cleaning house and taking care of kids is just one job. It's more like 2 jobs. My 2nd job is getting put on the back burner this week.(cleaning house)Then blogging is the 3rd.

Hollyween said...

Audry, you are SOOOO right! In fact, all those things are individual jobs in itself!!!!

shauna said...

You said it so well.

I hope you are getting paid well for all of your jobs!

I did miss you.

Lorena said...

We forgive you...and I say that only because I hope everyone else will forgive me for my absence. I had 150 in my Google Reader.

But, now I am back to ignoring everything around the house except for my computer!

Mariel said...

That was fun to read your 101 things about you! You always make me laugh. I miss you...to answer your question. Something is wrong with me. I can't bring myself to update my blog! Hopefully, one day soon I will pull myself together!

Anonymous said...

you were missed dearly.. happy that your fist job is taking off though ;)

welcome back!

Sunny said...

LOL I did miss you... thanks for coming back to your adoring fans.

Jill said...

Dude, I still have over 300 posts to read...it used to be at 1000 when I got back from Utah. I just can't manage to get it back to 0.
So...thanks for not adding to my list! Although, I do miss you terribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Seriously. It feels like a job. I totally forgive you.

Paige said...

Hey, no problem as long as you read mine first.

The cat's face just looks like... cat. Fleas. allergies.

Bridget said...

You just need to get your priorities straight. You know blogging before housework, children, personal hygeine, etc..

Lauren in GA said...

I know what you mean...it is so hard to keep up with blogging...even though I adore it.

I do love your comments, but I don't want to contribute to any stress. Blogging is supposed to be fun, but sometimes it can be stressful because of all of our other responsibilites...

I laughed at the cat face. Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings, too.

Amber said...

It gets overwhelming trying to keep up with it all! That is why I disbanded my google reader. :-)

I had fun reading your last post. And like you, my hair turned curly at puberty and it was, indeed a long, drawn out process!

Celia Fae said...

Dear Holly,

I'm glad you have your priorities straight. Don't feel bad about just clicking the "mark all as read" button on your reader. You won't miss anything life-altering.

I'm glad you wrote that though. We all missed the Holly.

Kim said...

You are one of my ONLY commenters - EVER...I have so many lurkers who say they read my blog but then they never post. Thank you for commenting. And I LOVE your posts on your blog, so please let your house get messy every once in awhile. (Sorry John!)

Anonymous said...

That cat face is so funny! Life IS busy...and I don't even comment on anyone else's blog except yours or even post my own blog. I am busy, though,....I promise. Oh yeah, it's that 40 hour a week job, and, oh yeah, the part time performing and rehearsing in the symphony....the teaching, etc. etc. Did I mention church stuff? Ha, Ha. No wonder I like that cat's face. That's how I wake up every morning. LOL Keep Blogging, Holly! We love it!

Laura

Momma Ballou said...

I agree. I've kinda been in a non-blog mood lately. But keep it up. It's my only link to you anymore...

Bruces said...

I love your comments, I really really do. Your so funny!

L said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog with all the others! It's incredible how it builds so quick. Too bad it is just so fun & addicting to keep up with everyone!

So, with the garage door. We had both springs replaced and added a keyless entry and it was $260. The 10%discount ended up just being on the labor:< Every bit helps though, I guess. I'm sure you have tried this, but make sure both of your green sensor lights are on, and my husband had to do a little twinking of some tiny knobs that are up where the motor is because ours was being really weird a couple of months ago. He just had to give it a little more umph and then it worked fine until the springs snapped. Good luck! Happy Valentines, eh?

D-dawg said...

Isn't it so hard to balance everything sometimes??? I think it's ok to take blog breaks. We did miss you though. It's weird to step away from blogging for a few days... when you come back you feel like you missed something big!

mahina said...

this is how i feel, exactly!

i didn't miss you because i just found you, but i'm sure i would have, had i known you sooner!