I haven't blogged in a while. Would it be bad to say that it's been a nice little break but I'm ready to come back to the fold? I've also been busy with nothing major and yet EVERYTHING. A little of this, a little of that. I won't bore you with all the details.
Tonight John and I went and saw the new National Treasure movie. Loved it almost as much as the first one... except... Nicholas Cage's teeth. Something happened to them unnatural between the first National Treasure and this one. They sort of look beaver-ish and freakishly white. Off the subject, have you ever seen someone who bleaches their teeth so much that they turn sort of a see-through blue color? I had an ex-aunt who's teeth were like that. Every time she talked, all I could concentrate on were her blue teeth. ANYWAY... as I was saying, John and I went to the movie. On the way home I was telling him how I haven't been blogging in a while and how it's actually sort of been a nice little break. He replied back, "the house has been a little cleaner". RUDE! He laughed and laughed and LAUGHED so I told him that I was going to BLOG about his rudeness to which he replied "you'd do it for laughs. Which means that you think it's funny too." RUDE! AGAIN! (But, he's right! Which makes him that much more annoyingly irresistible. ) I told him it was just a coincidence. Which... it sort of was. I mean, New Years makes you want to clean. And that's what I've been doing. Sort of.
John, I think you've secretly been missing my blog. This little entry is just for YOU. Thanks for the date night. Even though the lady next to me totally reeked with her chicken fingers and fry sauce and was hogging the arm rest, I still had a great time. I LOVE DATE NIGHT.


32 comments:
That is RUDE, John, but true! I got so much more done when I wasn't busy planning my blog, reading other people's blogs, commenting on said blogs, and checking patiently to see who has commented on my blog. It is a full-time job, I say!
Uh, I've been blogligent also and I've been feeling guilty, so knowing you are going through the same thing makes me feel better.
I'm trying to make a blog comeback too. And Nicholas Cage's fake horsey teeth are called dentures at the rest home, "Caps" at the dentist office.
When your hubby takes SWEET pictures like that with cutie Baby Faith, I say he can be as rude as he wants! That is so darling!
Holly!!! Do you ever NOT get annoyed at someone near you at the movie theatre? IF they're not chewing popcorn loudly behind and making chewing noises, then they smell badly, or they're making too much noise opening up that darn candy wrapper and taking way too long to do it, or they're just plain ugly and it's too distracting for you. Poor JOHN!!! How does he put up with you?? Cute picture of John and Faith, by the way!!
C-mon don't you just love a witty husband!?! I love date night to, but it has been awhile. We actually took the kids to see National Treasure on New Year's Day and I agree that NC teeth were somewhat "off" for lack of a better description. We liked the movie, although Sara spent most of it on my lap with her coat over her head. Not big on the volume.
Kari
That picture is so cute. To blog or not to blog is always something I struggle with. It is fun and good in so many ways but we all know we get more done when we aren't as into it! I'm glad you're back though!
I too love that picture. I'm so glad everyone is happy and healthy this year. You guys deserve the best of everything. I'm excited for tommorow. How 'bout you?
Nicolas Cage has chiclet teeth. National Treasure was a lot of fun, though. I liked it. Cute picture of John and Faith! I have been recovering from a horrible migraine that I got on New Year's Day, so it was nice to finally laugh at your blog. I am in the worse mood!
Laura
Wow. I'm so glad I found your blog! I laugh out loud every time I read a new post. & cute picture of John and baby Faith!
That is too funny! I think Shane invites people over just so that I have to clean the whole house, not just certain rooms. Too crazy how much alike they are. Glad your arms are doing better! Good luck tomorrow! VERY cute pic of your lovies.
I agree with Joyce...you're annoyed by EVERYTHING in the movie theater. Made me laugh remember all the fun times we used to have going to the movies daily!!! Way cute pics of John and Faith!!!
Ok, so James and I just got back from National Treasure 2 and I loved it. I made a point to check out his teeth and I didn't notice anything. Am I blind? I did think everything happened too easy for them in the movie but still liked it. In my next life I'm going to be a treasure hunter. But for now I'll just keep looking for the remote. Love ya.
April, you ARE blind. They're horrible and fake. I actually think he used to have really bad teeth and now they just look artificial and WEIRD. Oh, and his hair was sort of greasy and weird in the movie too.
James just got a call to go in but still no April.............................................................
Don't get me wrong, I would die without blogging, but a break is really nice. I've been slacking on mine and reading everyone's, but it's been okay!
I want to see that movie too. I loved the first one. We just went and saw Dan in Real life at the dollar theatre. SO CUTE! We saw I am Legend before leaving for Utah too. AWESOME. Oh, yeah, I am in Utah!!!!!!! Got here last night.
I can't wait to see you!!!
PS that pix is adorable!
I'm laughing that your "break" lasted a whole four days! You put me to shame! My breaks usually last a couple of weeks, followed by a couple days of flurried posting.
It's been fun to read your comments on my blog and to read about your little family on your blog. Did you get to see Cami & Brad when they were in town? Little Janey is getting so big (and so is Faith!)
Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I had to rush right on over to yours and I love it. Such an amazing little family you have...surviving such intense hardships. You are quite remarkable.
Okay, so...I am totally new to blogging, but my husband has expressed similar feelings to yours, already.
You are clever! I laugh at your comments like telling Jessica that you want to try "didder" because you have been missing out on the 8th wonder of the world. Ha :) Ha! I also loved how you told Gab she looked great "Daaaahhhhhling" Very clever stuff.
I think you looked so beautiful in your Christmas Card looking picture with your family.
And uh, sorry about the hives...
I guess my house might be a little cleaner without blogging, but hey, that's why we had kids right? (kidding, umm maybe). He misses your blog, face it, I catch my hubby reading it all the time. :)
Great, and I was going to see National Treasure, too... now I'm going to be distracted the entire time. :) Like everyone else, I love that picture of John and Faith!!! ADORABLE!!!
Blogging can be so much pressure, can't it? I feel like I had a lot to say when I started my blog, because of the move and all... now that things have slowed down, it's all going to be lame. Oh well, I guess no one has to read it if they don't want to. :)
My due date is March 3. So less than 2 months away now. OMG. That herbal stuff definitely made a difference in my body, even the RE commented. (I won't go into details here.) I would say that I mainly credit this BFP to the injections and the IUI, but when we start trying for #2 on our own, I'll probably get some more of it.
Ahhh, fry sauce. How I miss thee.
And you have been missed around here. Leave the house a mess or hire a maid like Delia and Saige.
I haven't seen National Treasure and won't because I HATE Nicholas Cage! He is revolting, can't act, Been seriously bitten by the ugly bug, and always sounds like he is coming out of a hangover!! I once saw a romantic show with him as the leading role, and I kid you not.........he made me ill!
On another note, I really like John's facial hair photo! He really suits it. He has a rugged country thing going on! By the way, clean houses are overrated!
Love Marsha
PS I posted some non-headless pics on our buddy group thread, just for you. :)
I'm glad you liked the blanket - it was really fun to shop for a "stranger" - maybe someday we can remedy that? Glad you're back blogging again, I'm almost there...
Jamie would say that same thing. Without a doubt.
That picture is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Except all my children's adorable pictures of course. :)
oh I am so all about date night. And I know I know your husband from somewhere. He was probably rude then, too.
I hear ya, sista! I had the longest hiatus ever. It was so nice in so many ways, too. But I love all my bloggie friends and missed the laughs/tears/pick-me-ups, so I'm back, too. Maybe just a little less frequently in '08. I need to learn to prioritize!! Welcome back though!
I think I need to see that movie. I think my husband has enjoyed my blog brake for the same reason. :)
So glad you had a nice date night--I want to see that movie too--though hopefully I won't have to share an arm rest with chicken lady. Funny!
Blogging is addicting and I agree with John, when I haven't been blogging my home is way cleaner! Don't worry about slacking, I slacked the whole month of December and part of November! So I think you are OK to slack for a few days. See you in a week! Yeah!
Loved the movie. Loved the post!
Also think your baby is adorable.
I LOVE that picture of John and Faith! It's funny, I have actually got so much done too since I haven't had access to my computer! It's pretty sad!
Post a Comment