Thursday, December 13, 2007

Temple Square

The other night, after John's work party at The Roof, we went to Temple Square. It was beautiful as usual. It was also BEYOND cold. But we still had a great time. Accomplishing John's work party and temple square combined was a difficult task. I couldn't bring Faith to the work party which means that if I wanted to go, I had to arrange my nursing schedule just so. I had to sort of force feed her before she was ready a few times during the day so that I could maintain my schedule. I dropped her off with my friend at 4:30 and nursed right before I left. The party went from 5:30-7:30. I asked Kelly if she would like to come to Salt Lake after the work party so that we could see the lights (oh, how very convenient of me). Good thing I have such a nice friend who took care of both my children and then drove my nursing baby to me. We had a good time.

Here's a picture of us at some lights. Notice my super ugly pants. I swear to you though that the outfit underneath was cute and that I didn't look that fat. The wind was blowing and my legs look enormous. But there was cuteness underneath. Promise. You can tell the wind was blowing. Just look at Levi's face.
Ryan, Kelly and Dean
Great bagpiper (or is it bag pipe(ist))? Look closely. I think he's looking at me. Creepy.
Unfortunately, my camera died right after this picture was taken. It's too bad too because there were some gorgeous things there. Oh well. Maybe next year. (And maybe Santa will bring me a new camera this year because mine that I have now sort of sucks.)
The END.

22 comments:

D-dawg said...

My kids would DIE to go there. Oakland temple lights are nothing compared to Temple Square! SO pretty. And you do not look fat in your pants. You look cute. And what a nice friend you have to bring Faith to you! That is so great. I'm glad you had a good time!

Paige said...

If she was a really good friend she would have nursed the baby FOR you. Or do only Green-baum sisters do that?

Jill said...

Cute pix! I love temple square...but I'm always so stinkin' cold I don't enjoy it as much as I should! You look cute, as always!!!!

Nortorious said...

I would like to lodge a complaint against the lights at the Oakland temple. They look like the boyscouts put them up and P.S., mixing multicolor and white lights is just tacky.
And Celia totally tried to nurse my baby. Sick.

AMY said...

TMI Green-baum girls, TMI!!!
But Holly, you do NOT look fat...you look warm and happy and lovely. Your pics make me want to drag my kids up there. Even with creepy bagpiperist guy!

The Brann's said...

Canyon's 6, and we've never taken him to see the lights at temple square. Maybe we'll try to this year. Looks like lots of fun!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

Looks like a blast! And you look darling, even in the pants that you SAY make you look fat. NOT TRUE. So, not true! You will have to get a shot of your cute party outfit though! I might be crazy, but I wish my hubby had a work party to go to. (That kinda makes it sound as if he is unemployed!)I think it would be fun to have something to get fancied up for!

Hey, don't worry you haven't e-mailed this week. My whole family has been sick ALL week and nothing fabulous has been happening around here. I'm shooting for next week! (Again!)

chrissy said...

Oh, stop! You look so cute!

(& that bagpipe guys is kinda random, huh? I swear, you can find all SORTS of things downtown...)

Christie said...

Paige, that is seriously sick and wrong. But don't worry, we still like you. We just won't let you babysit our babies. EVER.

You don't look fat at all. Isn't the nursing schedule so annoying? If only they'd go like five or six hours without needing the boob. That would make it so much more convenient.

Kim said...

Holly - you are too funny. You did NOT look fat...yeah for warm clothes! I LOVE going to Temple Square to see the lights - great pics!

Momma Ballou said...

She IS a good friend. You're lucky to have her. You can't ever look fat cause YOU'RE NOT! But speaking of fat, wait till you see our christmas card. I had James do some photo shopping and he was able to give me beautiful glowing skin AND take away my double chin.

Jessica said...

I have the crappiest camera, I would never get good lights pictures like that.

Did my picture explanation make sense?

Celia Fae said...

I didn't try to nurse Nor's baby, I did it. And I have the picture to prove it.

What? What is the big deal? It's just milk. That mimi, she was strong little sucker though.

I like your snow pants. I think they're cute.

Audry said...

Temple Square is so pretty, We had to settle for Oakland which was nice but not the same. Looks like you had fun.

The Nelson Family said...

The lights are always so beautiful - and of course you are as well! I can't wait to see the lights this year, but it may be quite a shock going from 80 degree days here to a cold winter night in SLC. We'll have to see how Jane does!

Mariel said...

Looks like a fun and freezing cold outing! We are going to the Tabernacle Choir concert tonight and...I'm a bum! I wish I could just stay curled up in my warm covers and watch a movie. But, I know we'll end up being glad we went. There are so many stinkin' cool things to do at Christmas time but the cold weather takes away all my ambition.

Mariel

Vickie said...

I'm shivering just looking at the pictures! brrr! :) We're going next week to see the lights, so hopefully we won't freeze and loose a toe or anything....

Paige said...

Holly, you are giving to Stie. See blogger addresses blog for instructions!

SMiLeD said...

The software is photo.net It's a free download and tons of fun, they also have message boards where you can ask questions and get good ideas of how to do things!

Kari said...

I love the pictures at Temple Square! We haven't been there in so long and my kids have never ever been there. You've inspired me to make the trip.
Kari

shauna said...

I miss those lights, but I don't miss the cold. They do it right here in AZ, lights and not quite so cold. So whose coming to visit?

Jake said...

I am very jealous...I miss going to Temple Square at Christmas time...