Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Village

On Saturday we went to the Christmas Village. We all had a great time. We told Levi that we'd take him to see Santa Claus. We figured the line wouldn't be too bad, but we were so wrong. How do you tell a kid they can't see Santa? We did. And then we felt really bad when Levi was crying to see Santa when we got home.
(Thanks Jessica for helping me figure out my pic layout. I guess I have to choose the small size because they're turning out stacked, but I'm still okay with it. Plus I'm tired)


So tonight, John took Levi back to see Santa and BONUS... there were real-life Reindeer too. Isn't John the greatest? It's either that or Levi is spoiled rotten. Or maybe it's both.

There were some really great displays (pictured on the top) and then some really creepy ones too (pictured on the bottom). That old man looks like a cadaver. And sort of like that guy that starves to death in the movie "Seven" only he has a smile on his face. Don't see "Seven if you haven't" It's disturbing.


We all had a great time. Even in the bitter cold and wind. But next time I'm bringing hot
chocolate.

12 comments:

Paige said...

Was that impressive rack wired on? (the reindeer's rack, not yours, Holly)

The Brann's said...

I think we plan to venture out to Christmas village this weekend. My kids have been begging to go. Looks like you had fun once again in the freezing cold!!

Kim said...

I LOVE the Christmas Village..we have to take Jake there this week. I didn't know that Santa was there - bonus! Fun pics! What a nice dad John is, it's okay to be spoiled as long as they aren't rotten.

Christie said...

I totally love that you've seen Seven. Will you be my rated-R movie buddy? Everyone here is way too righteous for that.

Hollyween said...

Paige, both racks are real. The reindeers AND mine.

Hollyween said...

Kim, if you go see Santa plan on standing in line for over an hour. That's what John did. How fun, huh?

Lisa-Marie said...

Over an hour to see Santa? It's like Disney Land. Crimeny!

Mariel said...

Your pictures turned out great! When we went my pictures were so dark...even with the flash. You'll have to give me some tips. Cute pictures!

Mariel

Momma Ballou said...

Where is this Village? How long is it opened? Remember I'm still kinda new to these parts.
You guys are so fun. All we do is watch movies.

Jessica said...

I love being the picture guru. Since I'm obviously not the cool background guru.

D-dawg said...

HOLLY!!! I love that you told Levi he couldn't see Santa cause the line was too long. I would do that too. Kids need to learn life isn't always fun and games and everything they want! (o:

But it is good you took him back later.

Jill said...

That looks soooooooo fun. I wish there were more festive things to do around here. There's nothing. Tanner hasn't even seen a Santa yet. Boo hoo.
Cute pix!!