Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Conversation With Levi



First a brief summary: A friend of mine named Annie cuts Levi's hair. Levi has never ONCE had his hair cut by anyone other than Annie (except, of course, when he was one and I thought it would be fine and good if I did it myself. And I had to take him to Annie to fix the total chunk of hair I removed. But, that's another story). Annie is swamped and I didn't call in enough time to get him in before Christmas. And his hair NEEDS to be cut for Christmas so I know of a girl in our ward named Heidi who cuts hair and so I called her. Heidi serves in the primary and so does another girl named Heidi who leads the music. Levi thinks that Hedi who leads the music is "hot" and came to me last week saying that he had a dream about her and they were going to get married. Here's our conversation:
Me: Don't forget that Heidi is going to be cutting your hair today!
Levi: Yay! I LOOOVE Heidi! Is she going to cut it every time?
Me: No. Just today.
Levi: Did you know that Heidi sings songs with us in church?
Me: (realizing that I never clarified which Heidi would do the cutting): Oh, sweetie. This is a different Heidi. This is the Heidi with the blonde hair. NOT the Heidi with the brown hair.
Levi: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I want the Heidi with the brown hair that I'm going to MARRY!!!!
Me: Well, if she cut your hair it wouldn't look nice because she doesn't know how. She's a nurse at the hospital.
Levi: She's NOT a nurse! She sings songs with us in primary. That's the Heidi that is cutting my hair!!!
Me: NO! It's the Heidi with the blonde hair that's cutting your hair. She's nice! You like that Heidi, remember?
Levi: NOOOOO !! I don't want the yellow haired Heidi. I want the brown haired Heidi!!!
Me: Levi, the brown haired Heidi is a nurse at the hospital. She can't cut your hair. Sorry.
Levi: She is not a nurse. She goes to church and she has a life, okay?

22 comments:

Jennie said...

That is soooo hilarious!! I think Heidi that sings songs in Primary is hot too. If only I could look like that... I saw Levi this morning after the program at school and his hair looks HOT!!

Momma Ballou said...

What a crack up. That is definatley one you have to save for his mision farewell.

Anonymous said...

Levi is SO FUNNY! I will no longer accept the role of being the "dramatic" one in the family -- I am going to give it to Levi!

Oh, and when I call Levi "dramatic" it is going to be as a compliment and not in a sarcastic and negative way that some people(yes, plural) in the family use to designate me (you know who you are -- did you think I didn't know? Why do you think I am dumb? So.. you think I am dramatic AND dumb? Man, you are rude!!! No, I am not kidding)

Laura

Becky said...

Out of the mouth of babes! Love it. Don't they say the cutest things?

Jessica said...

Hilarious conversation. I want Heidi (either color hair) to cut my kids hair because my option is $10 per kid or Ryan's hatchet job.

Mariel said...

Levi is such a stud in his cowboy hat. I think he might have a chance with Heidi!

The Brann's said...

So did the hair cut turn out okay?? Or did he have a fit when you showed up a the wrong Heidi's?? Canyon whines everytime we get his hair cut...."It iches!!!!" Drive me crazy...

D-dawg said...

Hilarious! I agree, Levi is drama and I love it! My kids don't talk about who they're going to marry. I wish they would though, I curious to know what they like! Go Levi!

Sunny said...

Hooray for brunettes, Levi has great taste. ;)

Jill said...

Too cute. He's starting young. Keep an eye on him.
Tanner has recently been asking if he can marry me!! I love it. Technically we can, we're not blood. HA HA.

The Nelson Family said...

I can't wait till Jane starts talking and saying all sorts of funny things. What a funny guy that little Levi is.

McMillan Family said...

Kids say the funniest things. I think that is so cute that he is in "love" with the brown haired Heidi.

Amateur Steph said...

That is so funny! Kenzie sometimes tells me who she wants to marry (usually her dad). Hopefully it all worked out with the haircut.

Kim said...

Oh My Cow! That is tooo hilarious! What a funny boy! I can just see him having a fit over the whole thing..kids are too comical!!! Which Heidi is the nurse? I know the other Heidi.

Hollyween said...

Hedi Waddoups is the nurse. She is darling. She's the one that moved into the ward and I thought she was my age and she was 20 at the time. Nice. I feel so old sometimes.

For the record, we didn't get the haircut done yesterday because I left Ogden at 4:30 and didn't get home till 6:10. Yup. An hour and 40 minute drive. Riverdale road, christmas time, rush hour traffic plus a horrific storm. Need I say more?

Lisa-Marie said...

Too cute! And Levi looks JUST like his daddy in that cowboy hat. So sweet.

Bruces said...

That is the cutest story. I love it!! Such a ladies man.

Holly said...

what a funny kid! my four year old has also picked someone to marry from church. it's an eleven-year old boy named james. this is just wrong, she's only FOUR!!

Jake said...

That photo is sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I have one like that! My youngest (of 4 boys!).. He's seven, and life needs to be as he knows and likes it, or we will all hear about it. Fun.

Happy Holidays!

Ellie said...

Tell him Heidi likes long hair. Then he won't worry.

Vickie said...

Holly, I love the new background and header!!! SO PRETTY! Love love love it! How did you make your header?