Friday, August 3, 2007

My Aching Feet!!!

Today my best friend, Kelly, and I got a much needed and much deserved pedicure. Ahhhhhhh!!! What is it about a pedicure that is so spectacular. I love to admire my feet afterward and I always wish that "fresh from the pedicure" feeling would last forever. I'll lay in bed at night and admire my feet and how pretty they are with their pretty shiny polish and flower on the big toes. I ask John if he thinks they're pretty. "Sure", he says. Hmmm. Somehow I just don't think he appreciates it as much as I do.

Is it just me, or is it impossible to understand the people that do the pedicures. I mean, I don't want to discriminate by any means and I SWEAR that I'm accepting of people no matter what their race, but I always have this little paranoia that the one doing my pedicure is laughing at my gangly feet and making jokes in another language to the person next to them. It also gives me A LOT of anxiety when they ask me a question. Oh No!! They're talking to me!! What did she/he say??! I hate saying, "what?" to them too because I always feel like I'm insulting them. I always make sure I can definitely say "what" before I actually say "what?" Is it just me or do you feel this way too?

Kind of a bold pedicure, I know. The lady REALLY wanted to do this purple flower though so I let her. It's very pretty... just a bit bold for my taste.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful toes Holly!! I am right there with you on the whole pedicure thing. It made me laugh. I too love the feeling and don't want to walk or get my feet dirty afterwards. Kind of like after a teeth cleaning at the dentist I don't want to eat. I wish that feeling could always stay!

Becky said...

I know what you mean. I feel like those people are laughing at me too. I have started to go to the beauty schools cause they speak English there. ;)

The Birds said...

Pretty toes! I know what you mean! I think they pretend they don't speak English so that you can't give them too many demands!

Anonymous said...

I love your toes. I love getting my toes done. I think that is the only way us moms can get some relaxation.