
photo by camilynne photography
Oh, Faith. Where do I begin?
You started as just a little dream in my head. And for a long time it seemed that is all you'd ever be. We prayed and we waited. And waited. And waited some more. And your Daddy got sick and yet we both knew we had to keep trying to get you here. We KNEW we had to. And then it happened and I was finally pregnant. And just as your Daddy finished chemotherapy, we welcomed you into the world. You are truly our little miracle girl. And you are ALL GIRL, that is for certain.
You've always had an awareness about the world around you. You're older than your years! And even at two days old, as I was holding you against my chest, you pushed your little body up on your arms and you looked right at me almost as if you were telling me, "Hey... I'm here now! And I've got a big life ahead of me!"
You're gorgeous. You sing. You dance. You tell funny jokes. You've got amazing dimples. You're Daddy's little girl. You're a little bit 'drama'. Okay... maybe A LOT. You're an actress. You're nurturing. You're smart. You're funny. You've got spunk. You're strong. You're precocious.
And you have the best hair. Is it possible to be in love with hair? Because I have a little love affair with yours. Sometimes when you actually let me lay by you (because you ALWAYS prefer your Daddy), I like to play with your beautiful hair and find the perfect curl and pull it clear down and then let it bounce right back into place. I love to look at your little mouth and your cute little lips and soft face.
Did you know you've got each and every one of us wrapped around your little finger?
You're changing by the day and I don't want to forget a single second of your sweet little childhood. I want to tell you to slow down and quit acting so big all the time, but then I remember that's just 'YOU'. And I have to let you grow.
I've loved you from the start. And that love just gets deeper and stronger the older you get and the more you grow.
But you're always going to be my baby girl.
My beautiful little miracle with a beautiful spirit to match.
I can't wait to see the wonderful woman you're going to turn into. You're bright and shiny and your future is going to be amazing. I feel it when I look into your twinkly brown eyes.
You, my little darling, are a blessing in our lives.
And you are loved so so much.


7 comments:
Beautiful! The post, Faith, you... all beautiful! Could that picture of Faith BE any cuter??
Oh, Holls...loved this. You're such a good Mommy. And Faith is so drop dead gorgeous! Love her. Love her dimples and her spunky little personality, and of course, her hair! This picture is beautiful!
I love this post! You said it so perfectly. Faith is such a doll!
Sweet! And, she's sooo beautiful!
What a sweet post, no more could be said. We are so glad that Faith is part of our lives. Love you all!
That picture of her is absolutely GORGEOUS.
Holly this was so beautiful. I loved every word...and don't tell anyone, but I totally started crying when I read, "My beautiful little miracle with a beautiful spirit to match."
I was thinking of Faith the other day because I remember when you posted her, "talking" in her darling little high-pitched voice...she was talking up a storm (she was in the bathroom and had pulled toilet paper all over the floor and then shut the door on the camera...if I am remembering correctly) Anyway, my little John jabbers at me like that now and it made me think of Faith. Funny the things that jog our memory.
She is beautiful. Just like her Mama.
So...I had to go find the video I was talking about. She hadn't spread toilet paper all over...but I remembered that adorable voice perfectly. ☺
Post a Comment