Monday, July 12, 2010

Ali-ette Episode 8

Photobucket

Hey, it's the episode where we get to meet the families! And we all know it wouldn't be 'The Bachelor/Bachelorette' if at least one of the families wasn't completely crazy, right? And now we all know the crazy landed with Kirk's fam. Poor guy.

But before we get to Kirk, it opens with Roberto's family. Now, can I just state my annoyance that Ali doesn't even try to pronounce Roberto correctly? Talk about gringo. What she says is 'Ruh-burt-o". And what she should at least try to say is 'Roe-bear-toe'. It's lame because you'd think if she really liked the guy she'd at least try to say his name the way his family and friends say it. But whatevs.

(Also, while we're on the subject of annoying things Ali does, her laugh which was once endearing to me is officially getting on my nerves. It almost sounds like glorified crying. And she keeps laughing at weird times. I think it's the alkie.

Also, even still on the subject of annoying things Ali does, has anyone found it really off-putting how she says 'mmm hmmm' when she's talking to someone? And she almost does it in an interruptive way. It's odd).

Moving on...

Ali and Roberto start the date off at the baseball diamond. And hubba hubba we get to see Roberto in his baseball uniform. Every girl's dream. And then of course after Ali hits a few balls on the diamond, she's got to get her alcohol in. Every time they show Ali this season, she's got a drink in hand. Me thinks she relies on the alkie too much to get her comfy.

Roberto comes from a super awesome family and they're also super over-protective; especially Roberto's dad. He's not sure Ali deserves Roberto as her 'prize'. He truly treats Roberto that that is exactly what he is. But I love his family because his mom and sister are both named Olga and his mom was rockin' some awesome calves. 'Olga' . 'Ole....Ga'. Hmmm... it has a nice ring to it. Perhaps this baby I'm about to give birth to should be named Olga. Ya know, if it's a girl.

But back to Roberto's family. Did you see the latin dancing? They didn't show a ton of Roberto's moves, but he had the latin swagger goin' on and Ali would be crazy not to keep him just for the dancing. Know what I mean? I was happy Ali didn't eliminate Roberto. He's clearly a great choice for her.

As is Chris.
I can't decide who I like better. Chris or Roberto. Roberto or Chris.
Chris's (Chris' ?) hometown date was pretty great too. His family clearly adores him (but I was worried a little because his sisters-in-law look like they could be twins and Ali clearly doesn't look like she could be the 'triplet' of the three). They worship the ground that guy walks on. Chris's (Chris'? Seriously, what's the correct punctuation here?) dad may be a teense too attached. I got the feeling that if Chris and Ali were to get married, they'd be stuck living with Chris' dear old Dad. But hey, the house is cute so maybe it would be okay.
I think everything changed between Chris and Ali when Chris gave her that 'Dennis' bracelet?
All I know is I want one of those bracelets too. Who's Dennis and how do I get him to make me one?
Besides Chris' super aggressive style of kissing, I really like him. I just hope he doesn't take Ali's face off on accident one of these days.

Next up, Kirk's hometown date.
It was really no surprise to me that Kirk is the one who was eliminated this week. What with the giveaway previews a couple weeks ago and the crazy taxidermy dad, it was super obvious.
Look, taxidermy is one thing but actually freezing the animals on your 'to do' list next to your otter pops and fish sticks is another. And worse, he showed his frozen treats to Ali. Ick.

How creepy was the line, "So Ali, would you like to go see my basement?" The way that guy moved his head and said that line was like something out of a horror movie. I could basically hear 'Psycho' music playing in the background. And the music was still playing when he showed Ali the caribou foot he mounted and then put red eyes on it.
That. Was. Just. Weird.

Since Kirk's parents are divorced, we got to visit his mom seperately. Clearly she's a little more normal than her ex-hubby. But she also has some issues... like with the Lance Armstrong bracelet. Look, mold exposure is not the same thing as cancer, lady. She should have found a mold exposure bracelet. Ya know, something green that suited the purpose. And then her crazy story about how her bracelet finally broke and that it signified Kirk breaking free (of mold exposure) too? Umm... yeah. Not her best moment. It's a good thing she had adult braces on. She has a special place in my heart for having to wear those babies on National TV. I can't even smile normal for pictures because of mine. However, I'd like to think that I talk like a normal person with them on. Kirk's mom, however? Not so much.
One thing that Kirk did which I found super annoying was how he talked about his ability to FINALLY be ready to bring someone home to meet his parents. Uh, okay Kirk. Do you really think we're so stupid that the producers didn't have something to do with that whole arrangement? Did you really think you'd get to the final four and not have to do the hometown visit like everyone else? Uh, yeah. This was not your decision, dude.
At the end after Kirk got cut, he lamented in the limo about how this was the first time in his whole life he'd had his heart broken. And then I was simply elated that he was the one to go. Everyone should have their heart broken a couple times. Kirk, this will be good for you. I promise.

And last but not least...

Frank.

Okay. Can we talk about Frank's sickly disgusting wife beater/too-small-brown-sweater combo for a sec? I CANNOT believe he thinks it's okay to wear a wife beater on a hometown date. Or ever. And the sweater? Haven't we seen that sick piece of trash earlier in the season too? And then when he and Ali were out and about, he paired it with that ill-fitting military jacket with the tiny sleeves.
Frank, I have a little secret for you, dude. NO one and I mean NO ONE wants to see your man cleavage. I'm more and more convinced every week that your big secret to Ali (which will be revealed next week ... can't wait) will be that you're gay. You just fit that mold all. too. well.
Also, Frank's constant insecurities are about the biggest turn off EVER.
I cannot for the life of me understand what Ali sees in Frank. He has red flags popping up all over the place. To me, Frank screams the type of guy who finally commits to you, gets married, and then up and leaves in the middle of the night never to be seen again. He's unstable. Also, his sister said something very telling about him. She said he's an emotional person who bases all his decisions with his heart and that with what he's 'been through', she's worried about him. Hmmm... what has Frank 'been through'?
I think we find out next week, but I would love to hear your guesses in the comments. Enlighten me.

Next up, we have the rose ceremony. And like I already said, Ali picks the two greatest guys in the group and then... FRANK. And also like I already said, I just don't get it. Especially because what Frank was wearing at the rose ceremony was quite possibly the strangest clothing combination yet. Jeans. With some weird jacket underneath his suit coat.

It's a good thing Ali looked nice. I LOVED her dress. Definitely her best rose ceremony dress of the season if you ask me. Now, if only someone would fix her roots so there weren't three or four shades of blonde, that would be great. Oh, and she should definitely start wearing waterproof mascara too. Got that producers? Kthanks.


Please. I simply must know your take on the episode. Or at least hear you validate my hatred for Frank and his icky doubly-bad clothing ensembles.

16 comments:

Jenibelle said...

I read the spoilers, I know the big secret....

I love Chris. Finally he wore something decent to the Rose ceremony. Frank is a creeper, I don't like his sense of style at all. What kind of retail store does he manage?

I agree that Ali's laugh is getting annoying. I wish I drank so I could play shooters...every time she laughs, I would swig. I'd be more drunk than her.

Annemarie said...

Oh, Frank. Frank, Frank, Frank. Ick. What is with the stretched out at the neck wife beater? Such a bad choice. I was tempted to read spoilers last night but I refrained. He was speaking rather code-like last night. Creep.

So glad you caught the I'm going to suck your face off kisses that Chris can't break free of. Love him, though.

I'm starting to worry that she doesn't pick either of the fabulous two that will be left after Frank's dramatic exit. He (for some sick reason) is the one she likes.

And yes, the way she ummm hmmm's during a conversation (with wide eyes) is super annoying and condescending. It bugs.

Hollyween said...

Jeni, I've been tempted to read spoilers this season, but it's been such a bummer to know how things end in past seasons that I've had to refrain.

Annemarie, you MUST keep me strong!

Jill said...

Great recap. Laughing to death. I totally agree about her pronunciation of Roberto. It's SOO gringo. I can't stand it. It probably drives him crazy too. I think she picks him in the end though. That's my guess. They have hot chemistry.
I missed all of Chris's hometown. I wanted to see it dang. He's cute, but I don't see them together.
Franks outfit was so gaggy. I was just loving watching Chicago and knowing I've been to all those places. I don't hate as much as you do, but he does have obvious issues. Can't wait to see the drama next week.
It was a good episode (my recording did show a little more than I thought!!) Poor Kirk though. He was cool and genuine. Buh bye though.
Anyways...you nailed it all. Always do.
Um, see you TOMORROW!!!!!??????

Laura said...

I stand by my opinion that reading the blog updates on this show is better than the show itself!

I don't know what a "dennis" bracelet it, but I know what a "tennis" bracelet is. lol Maybe the guy that couldn't enunciate well was the one talking about it, or maybe it is a new product! lol

Mariel said...

Oh, Holly...I love you for several reasons, just ONE of them is because you do these super recaps of the "most dramatic show ever" and they are right on target!

I was totally digging Olga's calves too!!! Roberto is my toppity top pick for her. He's hot, sweet, and ambitious.

If she was a little less selfish and more family oriented...I would root for Chris too. I just don't think her and Chris could make it and be happy...HER living in a layed back town in MA, being around family, sacrificing her time...I just don't see it. She's so into her women's rights and seems to resent any traditional ideas of a life together. She doesn't seem ready to settle down and be done with the attention she's getting...she loves the city life, wants to run a business, and doesn't want any sort of husband to get in her way. Is it just the lying tabloids or am I already hearing that she isn't even WITH the dude she picks anymore. I couldn't say that I would be surprised!

Anyway, Kirk had to go. I couldn't help thinking of a bird with a red face every time I saw him. AND, he's just not that masculine. Good riddance.

Frank...I'm dying to know! I've spent endless time (okay, not really) trying to figure out "what the?" with him. I've narrowed it down to a couple things: He has a deadly STD and can't stay in the fantasy suite with her. He is really a woman who had a sex change. It seems that if he was just gay, he wouldn't be so weirdly obsessed with her. But, if he was actually a gay woman, turned man...I could see that. :) And, yes...his clothing choices are SO bizarre.

I don't know if I'm strong enough to not do a search for the spoilers! Ugh. Now that I know they're out there...stop me, stop me!

MotherBeck said...

wait wait wait!!! You can get spoilers?!? How lame am I that I didn't know this? Crap. Now I am tempted to look. But I WON'T!!! I really liked Frank in the beginning, and I WANT to like him now but he's just too annoying now. I too think that he is gay...
I didn't think Chris' kisses (say that 3 times fast) were that bad this time, a little more normal. I am so interested to see ho it's going to be Chris or Roberto. And I don't know who I would pick out of the two. Roberto and Ali both have HUGE dreams and I worry that it would come between them...time will tell I guess! Can't wait til next week!!

Lynsie said...

I was rooting for Frank to go, but I just knew that wasn't happening due to the previews. I don't get it either, he has always bugged me and now I can put my finger on it, he is gay, he just has to be.

I fell in love with Chris this week! He stole my heart and my vote for her future husband, what a keeper!

Roberto- I really really like him, but she is to insecure to be with him forever, ya know?

For next week- Who waits until they are final 3 to 'tell her something' seriously dude??? Idiot!

Great post BTW, you make me laugh!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

sorry about the typos. i am on my cell and this is small text and i have big thumbs! what frank has probably "been through" is someone torching his closet and not having enough money to buy more clothes. frank is looking for a sugar momma and he has it in ali. she is bankable. AND she is totally into him for some reason. if he could get past his freaky issues, he would have already proposed.

Chelsea said...

Love it, I'm with you on the Frank hatred, he's horrible and there's something about his eyes that really bugs. Ali's laugh is driving me crazy too, it's so fake lately. I think Roberto is my favorite, I'm hoping she picks him. Oh, and did you see the look on Ali's face as she walked into the rose ceremony, it was her poutiest yet, she needs to stop that. Anyways thanks for the recap, hope you're feeling good.

Sunny said...

There are SPOILERS?!?!? Oh no... must resist the urge to google and ruin next week's episode.... :/

My friend's coworker's friend went to homecoming with Kirk in high school. Which means... nothing. I just felt like mentioning it.

I have hated Ali's laugh from the first episode. That alone would have made me bail if this season weren't otherwise SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!

As always, I agree with your assessment, oh wise pregnant one. Anxiously awaiting our next installment...

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I forgot to finish my last comment on the previous post...Anyway... we got back from dinner so that my Aunt could watch the Bachelor...we were putting the older boys to sleep in her living room and we could hear the Jake and Vienna reunion coming from my Aunt's bedroom TV. We were laughing so hard. We couldn't even see the TV but Mike kept saying, "Don't interrupt me" the whole week after listening to it. When Vienna left crying it sounded like she fell down some stairs or something. I guess she was knocking her microphone as she left...or maybe she ripped it off. We were laughing at the sounds and I said, "Did he push her down a flight of stairs?" Anyway...I thought of you. My Aunt would love these posts.

k2liketheski said...

I am BEYOND over Frank. Those outfit was ridiculous. Everything about him is screaming "I'm gay!"

The whole Kirk visit was like a scene out of the Twilight Zone to me. First the dead animals, then the mom talking about the broken Live Strong bracelet? Is it just me, or didn't Lance kind of intend those suckers to be a cancer awareness/memorial type thing? What in the heck do they have to do with mold?

Love Chris and Roberto, but I think Chris is too family-oriented and traditional for her and I think she's too insecure for it to work with Ruh-berto. You hit it SPOT ON with the whole gringo business.

Oh, and the mmm hmming? That has bugged me since last season. I agree with whoever said it above....condescending and really, really awkward.

Jeanelle says you're about to have the baby, congrats and BEST WISHES for easy labor and a beautiful and healthy baby!

Rebecca McNair said...

Chris is so stinkin HOT!!! LOVE him!!! She is a fool is she doesn't pick him!!! Frank on the other hand, are you kidding me right now????? That wife beater was absolutly disgusting!!!! He looked Gayer than a 2 dollar bill. He is buggin and I can't wait for next week!! Loved Ali's dress too! And, her laugh is really starting to bug, I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that!

diane said...

I know I'm late to the party this week but the show doesn't start here for 6 more minutes. I'm giddy with anticipation.

I am not happy that they keep giving up all the drama in the previews.

I think Ali wants to wear the pants in the relationship so that's why she is attracted to needy, emotional Frank.