Friday, March 26, 2010

Favorite Things

Ya know what? Whenever I quit blogging for a while and come back, I realize how much I missed it. Blogging is a funny thing. Sometimes my mind just can't seem to think up anything I feel like blogging about. And then sometimes I have about a million ideas in my head. There are times I love reading everyone's blogs and commenting and feeling involved and there are times where doing all that make me feel overwhelmed and make blogging lose the whole 'fun factor' for me. I'm inconsistent. Yes. I know. But I usually will just go ahead and do what makes me happy in the end. And right now? I'm pretty dang happy. And it's not just because I'm pregnant though that is definitely helping. I love Spring, I love my family, I love journaling and daydreaming about the future and I love feeling like deep down everything is going to be okay. As Mr. Roger says, 'It's a good feeling...'



And ya know what else I love? Things. I realize, of course, there is more to love than 'things', but it's fun to love them along with everything else, don't you think?

Here are a few of my recent favorites:

I honestly can't remember if I've listed this first one before and I'm much too lazy to go back and look.

Bath and Body Works foaming soap makes me happy. I love the different scents and I love it about a million times more than the liquid or lotion-y alternatives B&BWorks sells. Unlike those ones, the foaming one IS NOT messy! When I leave B&Bworks after buying 5 soaps for 15 bucks and they're all tucked away in my dark blue sack, well... it feels good. My favorite scent at the moment is pink grapefruit. So fresh!
Photobucket

I know I've mentioned my Scentsy warmer before, but I really do love it. About a year ago I hosted a Scentsy party and invited the whole world. I earned a bunch of bars and selfishly kept almost all of them. I have a little cabinet above my fish tank that holds an embarrassing amount.

Photobucket
I use it exclusively to hold my scentsy stuff. Obsessive? Maybe, but I tell myself it's okay because I earned most of what is in there for FREE. But I did just buy some of the new Spring scents I'm still waiting on. A couple classic scents I love are Grape Granita and Skinny Dippin'. They last long and smell so yummy! A good smelling house is a happy house!


And while we're on the subject of smells, I have to mention my love of perfume. Having a good signature scent is important, don't you think? Someone could smell your smell on someone else and think, 'Holly is such a nice person. I love her so much. I think I'll buy her a gift today while I'm out and about'. So, you see? It's worth it to find your signature smell. For a long time I have really loved Hugo Deep Red perfume. Not too heavy or fruity or I-like-this-right-now-but-in-a-month-I'll-be-so-sick-of-it-I-want-to-puke-y.
Photobucket


And then there's pie.

I really, REALLY like pie. There was a time in my life where pie wasn't very important to me. I could take it or leave it (what the heck was I thinking?) but right now pie is VERY important to me. Berry pie is my favorite. Triple berry, actually. My step-mom, Bette, makes some pretty amazing pie. When I used to live with my Dad and Bette she would make pie all the time. Unfortunately this was during the unfortunate years where pie wasn't very important to me. I think having my first child is what changed my taste buds enough to make pie an obsession. Weird, right? Sandy's restaurant in Ogden, UT has my favorite triple berry pie. I could really use a slice right now. And don't forget the a'la mode. That's important.

Photobucket

My adorable friend, Lisa-Marie makes some pretty cute stuff. I love hand made jewelry!
This particular necklace has both my kids' names on it and I get compliments on it all the time. (obviously these are not my kids' names, but I do have this very necklace.)
Photobucket
I love the chain because it doesn't pull my hair out and I love that it goes with everything.

You can view all of Lisa-Marie's items by CLICKING HERE.

Ah, Costco. Really, I could go on and ON about my love of Costo, but I'll just try to stop at two things. A delish hot dog and a big drink for a $1.50? Yes, please. Their pizza is yummy and going on sample days is fun for the whole family! Especially when the sample is a chocolate ice cream bar and the idiot special helper serving the ice cream hands your toddler a sample to smear all over her face and new shirt.


If you haven't tried the fresh tortillas from Costco, you really should. You won't go back. You can get 44 of them for about 6 bucks. Put one pack in your fridge and one pack in your freezer and you're good to go.
Photobucket
I also really love the canned chicken from Costco. I use it in casseroles and sandwiches. I HATE tunafish with a passion so canned chicken is a nice alternative.
Photobucket
When you buy some, make
THIS RECIPE I learned about from my friend Becky. It's yummy and a big favorite at our house.

One other thing I love is Faith's curly hair. I love how I don't have to do too much to it to make it look cute. Lately her favorite style is 'Princess Hair'. Apparently 'Princess Hair' is hair that is pulled back in a ponytail with two clips on the sides. She's pretty particular about it lately and I usually don't fight it because I'm too tired. Right after her bath when it starts drying, I love to pull on the ringlets and watch them bounce back. Plus, they smell good then too and you know how I am about smells.
Photobucket

Also, I don't have a picture of it, but Faith has been potty trained for about a month! If that isn't a 'Favorite Thing', then I don't know what is. Yay!!!


What are some of YOUR favorite things? Do share.

20 comments:

joyce said...

hmm, it seems your supply of scentsy candles is much less than it used to be. Could I have some? Also, I'd like some pink grapefruit B&B soap for my birthday. Please. The only favorite thing I can think of at the moment is... quiet. I could also go for some peanut butter panic Blue Bunny ice cream smothered in magic shell. Now.

Melanie said...

A potty trained child is the best of the "Favorite Things" list. Way to go Faith!

Irene said...

One of my favorite things is that you have a picture of the Sahib on top of your Scentsy cabinet. That made me smile. :-)

heidiram said...

And I love your favorite things posts.

the wrath of khandrea said...

what the heck is scentscy?

i need whipped cream with my pie. otherwise the crust always feels like torture.

Hollyween said...

Andrea,
A Scentsy is warmer that you add yummy smelling bricks to and they melt in the top. You need one. I'm sure you can ask around and find one in your area. They're everywhere!

monika said...

Oh, Holly. I love how selfish you are - it's endearing. It just makes me want to bring you things - because you deeply enjoy things so much. Perhaps I shall bring you a triple berry pie from Sandy's next time I'm down that way. Oh, and I love Faith's curls too!

Jeanelle said...

Um, Holly...I had a very successful Scentsy party last year and selfishly kept everything too. I mean, I even bought warmers to give away and then didn't. My fave scent is sweet pea and vanilla. Delish. I love those tortillas too but it's hard for me to get through them all before they go bad.

Hollyween said...

Monika,
you can bring me pie ANY TIME. Better yet, let's go to Sandy's and grab a piece. Deal?

Thanks for enjoying my selfish attitude. I'm pretty sure you're the only one who does.

Sunny said...

One of my favorite things: reading your blog posts!

I have other favorite things, but currently they are all boring. They mainly involve all the food I can't eat because of gestational diabetes, and all the clothes I can't wear because I am the size of a duplex.

Lauren in GA said...

I love your favorite things posts so much.

I like what you said in your opening paragraph...I feel very simiilarly about blogging...sometimes it stresses me out...sometimes not. Posting is sporadic for me.

I love those Lisa-Marie necklaces. She does such a lovely job.


I love that little cabinet that you have all of your Scentsy bars in. Very, very cute.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, pieeeeeeeeee....

Jill said...

favorite things posts are MY favorite thing!!!!!

Jen said...

I love my Lisa-Marie necklace...especially since I won it from one of her giveaways! I'll forever remember the call you made to me after you found out that I won. (sigh) Such fond memories. I think I'll wear my necklace tomorrow!

I also adore Skinny Dippin scentsy candles and not just because of the name. The name makes me giggle and smile like a little school girl. Skinny Dippin has a permanent place in my bedroom. It's that special!

B&B's foamy soaps are my fav. Turns out Cody and Steve are a little sensitive to them. Such whimps. That's okay, 'cause that makes them MINE! ALL MINE!

I love your 'favorite things' list. I always feel the need to go shopping after I'm done reading it! Thanks for sharing!

Jylaire said...

There's a reason we're friends. Let me tell you why. First off, we both did "favorite things" posts this week. Second, most of your favorite things are also my favorite things! I've been obsessed with Pink Grapefruit EVERYTHING for years now. I can't stop. LOVE anything that makes my house smell yummy, and Pie; Mmmm!

Rebecca McNair said...

I LOVE fruit pies too!! I am not a huge fan of cake so every year on my b-day we have pie instead! Those are some fun fav things! And I love Faiths curls too! AdOrAbLe!!

Wes and Jen Garland said...

You know what I love about Mr Rogers? I was told that under that cardigan are two arms completely covered with tattoos. Apparantely he was in special opps and when he got out of the military he wanted to do something positive to give back to the world, rather than take away.... the birth of "Mr Rogers!" That's it, all the random trivia I have for today.

Anonymous said...

I think my mom has more scentsy things than you do. I know, sad. She just can't help herself. SHe got a whole new shipment today cuz it was a "good deal." I don't mind, I love coming home from school and the house smells yummy. I'll have to get myself some of that when I leave for college... I'm very particular over my smells, and i think I enjoy eating too much.

I just barely started following your blog because whenever my mom looked at it, it made me laugh. :) Just in case you're wondering why your weird niece is lurking on your blog. :)

Madeline

Lisa-Marie said...

Next to your Bachelor posts, these are my favorite. You make "stuff" sound so intriguing (and funny!)

Thanks for the necklace shout out. You are my best advertiser!

P.S. I don't like pie very well. Can we still be friends?

Becky said...

I gotta get me one of those necklacess. LOVE them. And I need to make that chicken recipe again. I forgot about that one.

Kim said...

Oh I love Costco's burritos too!

Pie is one of my most favorite things ever. Yes, ever. If I could, I would eat it every day. I'll have to try Sandy's pie - thanks for the suggestion!

I love Faith's ringlets too! Congrats on the potty training. What a relief.

I wonder if B&B Works sells Pink Grapefruit Wall flowers. Hmmm...yummy.