Saturday, March 20, 2010

Take a Guess, Win a Prize

So for those of you who don't know and might possibly be living under a rock, John and I have decided NOT to find out the sex of the baby. In fact, our big ultrasound was just a few days ago (I'm 21 weeks for those trying to calculate in their heads) and we didn't find out. As John and I were sitting there while the sonographer was using the ultrasound, we were agonizing over the fact that we were NOT about to find out what we were having. However, everything was fine until the lady that was doing the ultrasound said she was going to go crazy if she didn't find out herself. She asked us to turn out heads while she looked. We did. We saw NOTHING. But knowing that SHE knew and we didn't... well.... that's enough to drive anyone a bit crazy.

As fun as this whole thing is, I think it might be more fun if I share the crazy with all of you.
Click the below website and enter a guess. You must guess gender, weight, length and birthdate. The winner gets a prize. I don't guarantee it will be to you until 6 weeks postpartum, however, so you'll have to be patient. But I will definitely DELIVER a prize... and I don't just mean my baby (which I'm not sharing).

Humor me, won't you?


11 comments:

Rebecca McNair said...

How fun! Hopefully I win!

Lauren in GA said...

So fun!!! You were very disciplined not to find out!

Tristan said...

On my way to guess! I commend you! I could never not find out the sex of my baby ;)

Unknown said...

We did the same with our last baby and I LOVED it, partly because it drove everyone else crazy, and partly because it was such a fun suprise at the end. If we get lucky enough to have any more babies, we will definately keep it a suprise. -Natalie

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

I love games and love that you are doing this fun guessing game :) I just entered my guess and messed up and didn't enter who I was, so...

I am a friend!!! I met Holly almost 5 years ago at church and instantly knew she's one amazing girl and would love to have her as my friend!

diane said...

This will be fun.

Marni said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you! I totally thought my last two were going to be boys, even more so with Madeleine, but when she arrived I KNEW that's just how it was supposed to be.

Anonymous said...

I need more info in order to make an educated guess....like how many times you "tried" that cycle and how close it was to the actual day you ovulated...it would also help to know a few even more invasive things but I wont even ask that....

Also, I need to know the weights and lengths of your two previous babies...and whether they were early/late/induced.

Or, you can choose to share none of this information with me and I will just guess blindly....I am totally going to win this....

Hollyween said...

Okay Kacie,
Here's what I WILL tell you:

Levi was 2 and a half weeks early and weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 18 inches long.

Faith was 6 days early and was 7 poundsd 6 ounces and 19 inches long.

I was induced with both of them but with Levi I was in labor because I had preeclampsia. There ya go!

Lindsey said...

LOVEd your list. How do you get 5 of those things for 15? Awesome. And I too LOVE canned chicken.. Except. I can my own. MUCH MORE CHEAPO! You should try it with someone who has a pressure cooker. So easy and way cheaper.