Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jake the Flying Bachelor Part 1

I have a hunch that many of you Bachelor fans out there are counting on a recap of last night's (and future) Bachelor episodes. Even though I haven't updated about the thing that's most dear to me--my sweet family-- in AGES, believe me when I say I have my priorities straight and I'll blog about last night's episode before my loving family. For YOU, my fans. But stay tuned because I do have lots of Christmas/New Year pics to post. And stories about Faith.

Moving on...

I think I speak for everyone when I say how incredibly corny it was to play the song 'On the Wings of Love'. It was bad enough that they named it 'On the Wings of Love', but to actually PLAY the song? GAG!!! But, we all know that Jake is a total cornball. I think the corny song fits along with his corny personality. It's a good thing he's got great abs to keep us all watching.

First off, let me say how happy I am he got rid of Channy (a.k.a. Tranny). Oh, sorry. That was mean. It's just that... did you notice how when she spoke her mouth didn't move? Her teeth stayed together. It was a really strange phenomenon. Also... her 'landing strip' joke was disgusting.
See ya later Tranny Channy!
Photobucket

The girl I was MOST dissapointed he got rid of was Shiela. She was a pilot, she was cute... she was non-trashy. I really liked her. Jake loses some SERIOUS points immediately for getting rid of her. Even Jillian and Ed thought she should have stayed. Tsk Tsk, Jake.
Photobucket
And speaking of Ed and Jillian, did you get the feeling just for a sec that Jake doesn't know how to make decisions for himself? The way he said, "who should I get rid of?" and "who should I keep?" made me sort of think he was one of those guys who's really going to love marrying some nag to boss him around all the time because he can't think for himself.

Isn't it amazing how I can see the future after the first episode? I'm psychic!


I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed he kept Ashley. You know, the chick who dressed up in that horrid flight attendant costume and then the camera panned up her legs so you could see just how short the dress really was. Not only do I NOT think she's cute, but she and Jake would have hugely big-headed children. She said so herself that the cap that came with the outfit wouldn't fit on her big noggin'. And Jake's head is a teense too big for his body too. Ewww on Ashley.
Photobucket

Next up, Rozlyn. Rozlyn who thinks she is the hottest girl in the room. She's had some major facial work done. Lips, eyes, cheeks, botox. She looks fake. And orange. Also, do ANY of the girls NOT have boob jobs? I'm curious.
Photobucket
Oh, that's right. Christina doesn't. She was talking about her 'baby boob's' and I couldn't stop laughing. At least she admits she's jealous. She may be one of those girls I love to hate. The jelly bean pass out was sort of annoying though. How to win friends and influence people, Christina. C'mon. Oh, and who plays 'Airplane' on a first date? Isn't that reserved for when you're... I don't know.... 2 years old?

Photobucket

Now, on to the girls I think he WILL keep around a while. But it doesn't mean I'm happy about it. At least, not with all of them. I'll start with the most annoying first because it's more fun that way.

Crazy Michelle. Who started bawling an hour into the show. It's too bad that's she's a psycho hose beast because she's actually pretty and non-plastic looking. But as soon as she started talking, you knew there were some SERIOUS issues with this chick. And... perhaps I should give Jake some credit in thinking for himself (though he did a crappy job doing it) because Ed and Jillian warned him to get rid of the crazy chick, but Jake kept her around anyway. Ya know, since she's so emotionally 'in tune' and all. She's going to be fun to watch though. I can't wait!!
Photobucket

Next we have Ella. She's a single mom with a little boy named Ethan. She sounds sweet, right? But is it just me or does she seem totally slutty? Time will tell, I suppose. We do know that ABC has confirmed that one of the girls on the show was involved with a male producer. We just don't know who it is yet. Not that I'm saying it's Ella.
Photobucket
Actually, if I was going to guess who it was I'd say Vienna. The chick with the WORST name besides Channy. How can you not think of Vienna fingers when you think of Vienna? I'm almost positive that Vienna will be the one that sticks around way too long. She'll be this season's Wes. The one EVERYONE wants gone, but Jake will just keep her around way too long. Plus, she reminds me of Mr. Ed.
Photobucket
I'll save my three favorites for last. I really like Elizabeth from Nebraska. She's pretty and she seems funny and charismatic. I think she'll be around for a while.
Photobucket
Tenley is cute too. At first I thought it was annoying and dumb that she cried over giving Jake a tiny peck on the lips, but once she explained herself with the whole marriage thing, I liked her more. We know she's been married before and she was a virgin when she got married. That tells me that she's probably a pretty wholesome gal. I wonder how she'll fit in with the rest of the tramps. Hang in there, Tenley!

Photobucket

And my #1 pick? Most favorite girl of all??
Ali. She and Jake seemed to have the most chemistry from the get-go. I like that she tripped and ripped her dress and then said to the other girls that she can always say ''that's when I fell for you". She's very cute and seems to fit with Jake the easiest out of all the girls. I really like her and already want her to win. A little premature, you say? Perhaps.

Photobucket

Okay. Tell me what you thought of last night's episode and who your pics are. I gotta know!! Plus, if you want me to continue these recaps, I'm going to need feedback, people. You know what a lazy blogger I am.

29 comments:

Sunnyworld said...

Holly, you goofy girl! I love that you blog about the Bachelor! That is the ONLY reason I watched it last night! Well, I watched it while doing other things, but it was on! So, even though it is too early for me to have an opinion (except for crazy Michelle -- and I totally agree with you; besides, I think the producers probably wanted her to stay), I will continue to watch and read you blog about it! You are too, too funny! Love ya!

MotherBeck said...

Ditto on everything you said. On Vienna though, you could also think Vienna sausages...that's pretty disgusting too. She reminded us (and by us i mean the group of gals that I watch with) of Drunk David the contractor from The Bachelorette, you know, the one who wanted to kick Juan's butt. She looked like she could be his sister..ick. I want Ali to win too, she is the most normal.

Mariel said...

So proud to be your first comment! I knew after watching last night, that I would need to check your blog in the morning! Love it!

Okay, so...I really think he bombed at the rose ceremony. He got rid of too many of the best ones! Dan (yes, Dan watches it with me!) and I really liked that air force chick that had long, dark hair. She wasn't the prettiest but seemed really REAL. And, at least one of the TWO with real boobs. Refreshing.

I also didn't mind that other dark haired chick that had the cute hair and the awesome green dress. Hmmm...don't know her name. But, I thought she had it going on FAR more than some of the nasties he kept.

Okay, I officially think the show is rigged now that he kept the psycho bawl-baby who is obsessed with him. It was too obvious when he saved her for the LAST pick of the night to add to the suspense and that he chose HER over so many of the others?? I wonder if their is a clause in the contract that says the producers get to pick some of the rose-receivers! It's obvious she'll be great for ratings...but, there's no way. I just don't buy it.

I like that Nebraska chick but her boobs are a little over-the-top silly.

Speaking of boobs, all of the body shots on every girl and Jake are ultra-annoying and cliche. I guess I should expect that with the most cliche show in the world..."The most DRAMATIC rose ceremony ever". Lucky for us, we will be graced this season with the events that have never happened before in the history of the Bachelor. I can't wait.

I really LOVE when a girl will step out of the limo with no gimmicks or gadgets...that wins major points with me. And, who doesn't want points from me?? ...Just kidding...

What I'm getting at, I guess....is....I don't know
WHO I'm liking yet. He kicked off my favorites!

Fun show, fun recap, fun to add a little drama in my fairly normal life. You know I'll be back for more, Holly! Keep 'em coming!

Mariel said...

Dang it. My comment took so long to type that I am not you're first comment.

Hollyween said...

Aunt Virginia,
I'm totally flattered you are reading my trashy Bachelor recap! I hope you'll stick around even though it's quite possibly the trashiest show on TV.

Motherbeck, I can't believe I didn't think of Vienna Sausages. EWWW!!! That makes her THAT much grosser than before. Who names their kid Vienna?!


Mariel, I've begged John to watch this with me but he totally REFUSES! I think he secretly doesn't want to admit how much he likes it because then he'd get caught talking about it at work and with his manly friends, etc. I also liked that air force chick and the girl in the green dress. She was pretty. And yes... this is by far the boobiest filled Bachelor EVER!! Oh, the suspense is killing me!

Jeanelle said...

This was a fantastic recap! I KNEW you'd do a much better job than me! Loved the pictures. Love that we like the same three girls. Love that we were totally in sync with the cheeseball song. Love YOU!!

Jeanelle said...

p.s. I spent 10 minutes after I got in this morning discussing last night's show with my very masculine and male boss. He loves the show (because of the girls, of course!)

Jylaire said...

Keep em coming! I feel like I watched the show myself! From pictures alone, I like the last girl. She looks wholesome! No pressure, but you're my Bachelor Lifeline...

Chelsea said...

I totally agree with you on Ali, she was my favorite!

I don't remember her name, but I really liked the girl with the short dark hair that he didn't keep, she seemed pretty down to earth.

The previews for shows to come seem a little too dramatic though, we'll see how it ends up, I mean he was sitting on a bridge bawling, then when he storms out of the interview. I hope it doesn't start getting so dramatic that it starts to bug.

Keep the recaps coming! I'm glad to see your back to blogging and facebook...

Jen said...

Great minds think-a-like, 'cause that is EXACTLY what I think about everyone of the girls. And hello! How about Ashley's "bouncing" entrance. If you dvr'd it, rewind, and gawk at her "bouncing" entrance. I totally think she did it on purpose. Boing! Boing! Boing! What a ho.

And Michelle..CRAAAZY.

Ahhhh!! So many judgemental opinions! Can't. Contain. Them.

Can't wait for lunch to discuss!

Victoria said...

I totally forgot about The Bachelor and missed it last. Thanks for the recap so I can feel a bit more up-to-date. I'll be sure and catch it next week. :)

Jill said...

Thanks for the recap...now I need to go watch the show! I went to bed early last night :)

Annemarie said...

I was sooooo hoping for this post. No lie. You are so spot on and I always laugh so hard that I almost actually pee.
Somehow I missed that her name was Vienna. Scarey.
You didn't mention anything about the fashion consultant girl with the cute bobbed hair. I thought she was cute.

Tristan said...

Didn't watch, and I don't think I will...but is it just me or are none of the girls really that cute this season??? Poor guy has slim pickens!

Sarah said...

ALi is by far my favorite! You really made me laugh out loud with your post. HILARIOUS!

joyce said...

Mr. Ed??? FUNNY!!!
Believe it or not, I actually watched a teensy bit of it last night (mostly the ending). Funny blog! Trashy show...

charbetrichey said...

If I didn't read your blog, I wouldn't even know the show was on. However, if I read your blog I don't need to watch the show. Thanks for all the time you save me.

heidiram said...

Who needs to watch the Bachelor when we can read your weekly reviews?

diane said...

Oh how I love these re-caps! Did you watch Regis and Kelly today? Kelly did a fabulous play by play.

What about that blonde chick with the man jaw. She scared me.

Gia looks like a tart.

When Tenley was introduced dancing on the beach in her bikini I wanted to gag but, I think I like her.

Princess Vienna will make good tv. We can give her the vienna finger.

Did I mention how much I adore these posts?

queenieweenie said...

Okay...now I gotta watch it!

Susannah said...

I am so with you on the last girl.. what's her name? I call her the yellow dress girl. I liked her best from the first time I saw her and I agree that they'd go best together. Sadly, I have a feeling he's too dumb to choose her and he'll end up with a lame-o.

As for Michelle?? I'm starting to wonder if he kept her out of pity. Or maybe fear. She does seem like the psycho stalker types. She might have come back to the set to get her revenge for him breaking her heart.

I liked that other girl, too. The one who had no fashion sense. he really is bad at picking them, isn't he. And the jelly bean girl! I thought she should have gone. How presumptious to tell Jake and all the girls that she was going to win! That made me mad.

Oh well.. I will say this one looks fun to watch and I can't wait until next week!

Laura said...

Oh, Holly! I guess I will have to reconsider this show because it really sounds entertaining! If Aunt Virginia watches it, then I guess I need to reconsider my opinion -- at least so I won't feel left out! lol

Kim said...

I love this recap! I didn't even watch the show but I don't need to with your descriptions! The Vienna fingers comment was hilarious. And after you pointed out that most of them had boob jobs I found myself checking them out a little - haha! Yep, probably all did. Why do most of those girls look so perfect? And most of them have weird names! And did they get them all from a modeling interview or are they real girls that really want to get married? Hmmmmm.... Ali is the cutest, for sure.

Rebecca McNair said...

Ali is my favorite too! There is nothing lift to say, you were spot on! I thing we all need to watch this together every week!

Melissa-Mc said...

What was up with every girl trying to come up with some "clever" quip when meeting him the first time? It was all so corny I was embarrassed for all of thm.

Lauren in GA said...

I had to read this because your reviews make me laugh. I need to watch the show so that I can chime in.

Okay, the blonde he let go of was really really CUTE.

I saw on TV that one of the girls was having an affair with one of the staff...has that surfaced yet?

chrissy said...

Oh Holly, Holly. I've avoided this post these last few days. I think you did a great job summing everything up, as always. You're my favorite bachelor recap-or person :) BUT i don't know about this season. He's just so...cheesy! and the girls are so...skanky! i have a good friend who's never watched bachelor and asked me the day of the premier if she should start. of course i said YES. i told her to watch 3 episodes and she'd be HOOKED. halfway through that first episode she text me and said she doesn't think she can make it through 3. and my response was, "me neither!" ahhh, i just don't know. i'm not trying to be a downer, it's just... he's so CHEESY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah Holly, I'm glad you like this 'guilty pleasure' show as much as me! I even liked the
"Conveyer Belt of Love" that played afterwards. Did you ever watch "Dating in the Dark"? I liked that too but I swear they only had it air for two weeks or so?
On to the good stuff....I too was VERY surprised with who he chose to leave. I also thought the pilot girl was cute and obviously had a lot in common with him---my guess is he doesn't want to share the "glory" with her. And yes, Vienna looks like a man and makes me shudder! Although for me it is too soon for favorites, I too think Elizabeth will go very far and seems pretty down to earth for being as pretty as she is. I love that Ali has a natural girl next door look. I roll my eyes at all the fake pageanty looking girls with their huge plastic boobs--ick!
I'm excited for this season 'cause I really think that Jake is such a sweet guy that has it all. HOWEVER, he lost seom serious points on how grossly "obvious" he was about checking all the girl's bods out as he met them---yuck! Oh how I love mondays now, lol!

Sunny said...

Did you really say "psycho hose beast"? lmao

I haven't watched the Bachelor since the first season -- I think I was in college? But being on bedrest *sigh* without a DVR on our bedroom TV *double sigh* the only thing I could watch was this show *triple sigh*. It was AWFUL!!! lol I could hardly stand it. But due to present circumstances, I will probably watch the entire season. At least I'll have your humorous recaps to look forward to.