Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bachelorette Recap--Post Vacation

Photobucket



I know. You've all just been waiting by your computers cursing me for not doing an update from last week. Am I right? Sigh. It was hard for me too. I was out of town and couldn't even watch last week's episode until Sunday night. Which... actually was kind of a bonus since I got to watch the following episode the VERY NEXT DAY! Lucky me!

And lucky YOU because you get both reviews right now!! I know! I can almost feel your excitement from here.

First, a recap of last week's episode:

I'm a little bummed that Jillian had to be such a whore and stay in the fantasy suite with all three guys. It's this reason that gives most husband's a bad taste in their mouths for the show. ( I have a certain friend who's name I won't mention who just had a baby. Her husband only agreed to name their baby the name she wanted if she vowed to quit watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette. Good thing I can keep her updated with my posts, right friend?) And... I realize it should for me too. And... it does, I swear. But the rest of it is just so compelling and such trashy fun to watch that I can't resist. My apologies to all those that think I'm as big a cow as Jillian just for watching.

Reid...

I like Reid. I nearly shed a tear when she sent him home. It just seemed so... wrong!! That's when I realized how much I wanted him to stick around. Did you see how they put their foreheads together and both had tears in their eyes at the end? Ahhhhh.... It bothered me a bit that Reid didn't fully tell Jillian how he felt about her. But at the same time, she wasn't pressing the 'engagement' question on anyone else and I found it to be a little unfair. I kind of knew he was out when she started the whole 'Would you move to Vancouver?' talk. She did that with Wes and then he was gone (although for other reasons, of course. Puke on Wes!) I know I said I wanted Ed to win, but I am now changing my tune. Let's rewind for a sec, shall we?

When I came home from my vacation, and before I had a chance to watch 'The Bachelorette', I saw the following comment from my friend, Mariel in my inbox:

Mariel said...

"I was SOOOO sad she sent Reid home! He likes her more than all of them! Anyway, do you STILL like Ed?? I think he's gay. I think it's coming out on the next episode!!! You can't tell me between those shorts, that insanely gay outfit for the rose ceremony, his leg crossings, and his lack of performing in the bedroom that he's not gay. He just might not know it yet! I need to know your thoughts! I don't have many people to talk to!! Sad! "

Mariel, you're freakin' hilarious. Do you know what I hated almost as much as those green mankini shorts? That hideous blue tank top he wore with them (and it looks like he has a matching green one from the previews of the finale. Ick!) But, I will say that after seeing those two swim in Hawaii, I pressed John to take me there for our ten year anniversary next year. I wanna go there.... BAD! Always have. But back to Ed, his Dad was totally cute. I loved how he broke down a bit. I liked Ed a lot, but I sort of lost it for him at the rose ceremony. I'm not sure if it was the green mankini or his Miami Vice suit, or his *ahem* problem, but I'm suddenly not wanting Ed to win anymore.

Kiptyn...
If you noticed, I have a picture of him on the top of this post. If it can't be Reid, then I want it to be Kiptyn. I think he's finally in love with Jillian. And she obviously can't EVER keep her hands off of him. (is she not the horniest bachelorette EVER?) Plus there's that kitchen scene from long ago. Good ole' Kip gets extra brownie points from that one. But I think the real clincher for me with Kip, was the previews for the finale. Perhaps I'll change my mind next week, but I'm not sure. It just seems like he's there. He's in love with her. I loved every single quote of his from the finale previews.

Next week cannot come soon enough!! I'm actually GIDDY!

On to the review from last night's episode, 'The Men Tell All':
Honestly, I don't have a ton to say about last night. I think Jake is fantastic. He's practically the only decent guy in that whole bunch of guys. The whole 'rated R' movie quote they threw at him made me laugh--HARD. Are we sure Jake isn't mormon? j/k. What's so bad about being a nice guy? Sure, he's a total cornball. But he's handsome and smart and I think he'd make an excellent candidate for the next 'Bachelor'. Except for the fact that he'd be totally corrupted, of course.

Juan still bugs.

So does Dave.

I also found Robby to be exceptionally annoying.

Tanner P. has actually grown on me. Foot fetish and all.

And so has Michael. He's obviously still in love with her.

Even though I hate Wes' guts, he would have made for excellent TV. Too bad he wasn't there.

The farting scenes were hilarious.

And then came the preview for next week's finale...

Oh. My. Word.
Reid is back. With a ring in his hand. And his hair looked good and not too fluffy.
And...
He looked serious and ready to propose.

I am REALLY REALLY hoping that Jillian either picks Reid (which I'm doubtful she will) or she picks Kiptyn.

But I have this gut feeling it might be Ed.

And honestly? I can't say I'd be too unhappy with any of the three.

The only thing that would make me unhappy is if Jillian didn't pick ANY of the guys.
SO. ANNOYING. I will scream and yell and throw something at my TV if that happens.

Okay. Time to tell me your opinions of the last two episodes. Ready? GO!

p.s. to family reading this and wondering if I'll ever get off my 'Bachelorette' soapbox: Bear Lake pics are coming soon!

13 comments:

Jylaire said...

Thank you, thank you! You can publicly state that it's me that had to swear off the show! I'm DYING to know how it ends! I'm still so sad that Jake left. I think he was the best guy in the bunch. Can't wait for next weeks update! I'm going to need lots of pictures, and preferrably a transcript of the finale...

Jill said...

You are hilarious. I don't have enough time to write everything I think. I'm just excited I finally picked the final two guys from the very beginning. Ed and Kiptyn. WOW me. I like them both. I want it to be Ed, but I think it might be Kip. I can't decide.
It's gunna be good whoever it is!!!!
I really like Reid but he was third so why would she take him back...she obviously likes Kip and Ed better...
This has surely been a great season!!
I can't wait to see in three weeks though, that they have BROKEN UP! You know it's gunna happen.

Annemarie said...

I just about pee my pants from laughing so hard every time I read these. You are so SPOT ON.
I'm not completely sold on Kiptyn, though.

I missed the previews for next week!!!!! Is Reid REALLY cominh back with a ring or are you pulling my leg? I'm so confused...

You can tell where my priorities lie. Sad, I know.

Hollyween said...

Annemarie,
They showed Reid right at the end of the previews with a little gold ring in his hand looking out the window. He is definitely coming back next week. Can you stand it??!

heidiram said...

Thank you Holly for coming home from vacay. I missed your recap last week so I had to sit through the whole darn show. (And you know how I feel about the Bachelorette.) I'm pleased to say I knew you were back in town . . . so instead of wasting my time last night . . . I didn't even have to watch t.v. because I knew I could visit your blog today. I do however have to say I caught the last 5 minutes of that dating in the dark show. What!?! I think I might even start to like Bachelor and Bachelorette if the only other choice for Monday evening t.v. watching is that show.

joyce said...

I'm so proud of you... you didn't even mention this silly show ONCE during Bear Lake. Wow. Not even once. And I would know since I was with you nearly 24/7.

Jenibelle said...

So glad you finally got around to this. ED IS SOOOOOOO GAY!
NO DOUBT....1000% GAY.

Mariel said...

K, so if Ed turns out to be gay...let the record show that I have some serious gay-dar!

Whoo! Reid coming back? I doubt she would take him back cause she doesn't seem to miss him much now...but she should, he's the best!

Wes is the biggest pansy-A for not coming back! I seriously, seriously am gonna start a Facebook campaign called "I vow never to buy Wes's album"...just wait for it and become a fan! I might even send it to Wes too...see if he wants to be a fan.

Dave is a psycho-path, the very definition of a ticking time bomb. A total wife-beater, for sure.

And, Tanner's foot scenes make me laugh so hard! I wish he was my friend so I could laugh all the time about it!

I could go on and on...what a loser...but I'm glad I'm in good company!

Tristan said...

I'm so not into it this season. But I do enjoy your opinions! You are too cute!

Lynsie said...

"The Guys Tell All" episode has been my favorite by far. They need to do an episode of just the fun stuff we missed, like the farting, and dancing. Hilarious!!

I miss Reid. I can't wait to see what happens.

I liked Ed's shorts, not sure why but I did.

Tanner has grown on me too, I love when he talks. He's like the gay bff I never had!

Jake is a great guy but he really gets on my nerves he always has.

Jeanelle said...

I'm just now watching the men tell all show -- I'm playing catch up after being gone a week too. I really hated the fantasy suite stuff. Why on earth do they do that? Ick. I am really okay with any of them but hello, Kiptyn's hair kind of bugs. Do something with it, please. And I hate, hate, hate the way Jillian talks. When she said "fur" instead of "for" about a million times on the Hawaii episode, I wanted to mute my TV.

Jen said...

Reading your updates makes me want to watch all of the past episodes. Especially since I have been such a slacker on keeping up with everything. You are my Bachelorette guru!

I broke the news to my hubbin last night that I was hosting the Bachelorette finally party at my house. He just rolled his eyes. He'll live. We are going to have a blast!

And if she picks one of the dudes that you do not like... please don't break my tv by throwing some arsonal at it.

Lauren in GA said...

Okay, so I admit that I haven't been watching but I am totally enjoying these posts.

So, uh...did she sleep with any of them? More than one of them?