Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad Is Better Than YOUR Dad

So I bet your think your Dad is pretty special, right?
Not as special and awesome as mine. My Dad can beat up your Dad.

Or...

At least plant a cooler garden, have a higher IQ, outsmart him in scripture references, cook better, build better and basically do EVERYTHING better. My Dad would win, hands down!

Besides my awesome husband, my Dad is basically the greatest man ALIVE.
Photobucket

He has always been a phenomenal example to me and helped me through many situations in my life. I really look up to him. Plus, he fixed my deck this summer so he gets extra brownie points. Thanks again, Dad.
Dad,
Thanks for always being a constant source of comfort for me. I really look up to you. Thank-you for always keeping me grounded and building me up when I was down. You have always given me the most wonderful advice and I have been so blessed to continually seek your counsel. I love you!

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

Photobucket

Now, onto the #1 man in my life. My husband, the father of my children...
If you were to look back on my dating history, ahem, you would not be all too impressed with some of my very bad choices. I think it looked a bit grim there for a while. I'm sure my parents were worried I'd end up with some jerk.

But, as you know, I didn't.
Photobucket

How I got so lucky, I'll never know. John is not only an amazing husband and father, but he's an even better person. He's the 'good' one in the family. The anchor that holds us all together. My kids mostly want nothing to do with me when he's around. And can I blame them? Sometimes I want nothing to do with my kids when he's around just so I can have him all to myself.

Photobucket
How adorable is this picture of John and my cute Grandma?

My life with John gets better and better as the years go by and I think my kids think so too. He truly is the greatest. We are so lucky to have him around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He's involved and he adores his children. He sings Levi to sleep at night and tells Faith she's the most beautiful girl in the world. He's my prince. And I had to kiss a lot of frogs to get him so he'd better stick around for a while.

Photobucket

John,
Thank-you for exceeding all my expectations of what the perfect father for my children would be. Your positive attitude is infectious and your subtle humor has me rolling on the floor. You're perfect for us and our little family.
Happy Father's Day, baby! I love you!

9 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

Your dad is awesome. I feel completely blessed to know him.
He's the one I used to call when I needed crossword puzzle answers or obscure homework questions. :) I love the way he treats my Gma. You are blessed!

Lauren in GA said...

Holly, I loved every word of this post! I loved the title and the way you wrote about your wonderful Dad. What a great tribute to him. I love that picture of him with Faith and you smiling beautifully in the background.

I also love what you said about your wonderful husband, John. I love the way you described his humor...and how he can crack you up. So beautiful.

I know what you mean. My kids don't want anything to do with me when Mike is around.

Laura said...

Great post, Holly! Dad is great!

Sunny said...

I am trying not to be offended by them fightin' words about your Dad being better than mine *ahem*... but what a BEAUTIFUL post. What you have with John is obviously so special, I have never met either one of you but it's clear you are soulmates. Happy belated father's day to your awesome hubby (and *ahem* dad). :)

Tristan said...

Great Dad's day post! I didn't do one. I'm not sure I'm going to either. Not for any other reason then I'm just lazy this year. Ha!

Joanne said...

I love your post Holly. You write very well! As for the dad competition, you're on! Being that our dad's are brothers, the competition might be pretty darn close! hee hee

Sunnyworld said...

Well, Holly, I think we all think our Dad's are the greatest! And, since MY Dad is YOUR Dad's father -- I think it's no wonder all my brothers who are fathers are something special! They really had great training. You truly are a lucky girl to have such a wonderful heritage.

Kim said...

This is such a great post. How lucky you are to have such good men in your life. You lucky girl!

Jake said...

Sweet post. Love that you love the good men in your life!