Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers

Being one of the youngest of my siblings, I've had the privlege of being told about all the annoying things I did as a child.
I've been told I had the most horrid of tantrums and the stinkiest, grossest of all diapers. My mother (and sisters too) would spend lots and LOTS of time on my hair and I would rip it out in a pulling frenzy and hide underneath my bed.

I had the most TENDER OF FEELINGS as a small girl. The tiniest of comments would break my 4 year old little heart.

My mom could always make my heart feel better. And I remember continually wanting to be next to her. She used to call me her 'clinging vine' because she couldn't get me off her leg.
Photobucket

Now that I have my own two 'Clinging Vines'
Here:
Photobucket
And here:
Photobucket

.... I can TRULY appreciate what being a mother is all about.

Through the tragedy of divorce, comes the blessing of having two mothers. Though no one can replace my true mother who brought me into this world, no one can take away the love that I've felt from both women in my life.

All that I am or ever hope to be,
I owe to my angel Mother.
-Abraham Lincoln

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank-you both for being there for me. For healing my heart when it was broken, laughing with me when I needed it, and disciplining me when I deserved it. I love you both so much.

Dear Mom,
Thank-you for blessing me with your wonderful countenance, charisma and beautiful personality. It is because of the wonderful influence and example you've been on me, that I became the woman I am today with the ability to love being a mother.

I love you!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Holly, Faith looks JUST like you!

D-dawg said...

that baby picture of you is so cute- you and Faith are twins. Very sweet. I hope you've had a good mOther's day!

Lauren in GA said...

Holly, that was beautiful!

You look beautiful in the pictures...young and current day.

Amateur Steph said...

Oh I like this a lot. And Faith does look just like you.

Jennie said...

What a very sweet post. I thought that was Faith in that picture. She looks just like you!

Tristan said...

I agree with everyone, you and Faith are twins! So cute!!

Laura said...

Well said, Holly!!!!! Happy Mother's Day!

Mariel said...

Very sweet, Holly! You were a super cute little girl! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

chrissy said...

What a sweet tribute! I hope you had a good mother's day :)

Bridget said...

That was great Holly. I love that you have such a great relationship with your stepmom too.

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day for one of the most caring and fun moms out there! You are sure to make your momma proud with a tribute like this!

Hazen5 said...

I love that tribute!

queenieweenie said...

And must I say, they are lucky to have YOU!

Rochelleht said...

Faith totally look like you. Beautiful!