So, I have a few things on my mind as of late. And this post is random and probably going to be boring, but I have decided to post it anyway because I don't really care.
My obsession with reality TV has got to stop. Or not. I mean, I need something now that my favorite shows are over until the Fall. Really. It is just too much fun watching The Bachelorette (why is Jillian getting rid of the cute guys?) and Jon and Kate + 8. I wish they'd pull the plug on that show though. It's getting out of hand. I really don't know how to feel about it anymore. And what's more... WHY do I have a feeling about it? Stupid reality TV... that I love...
My mind is going a million miles an hour lately. And it's not a bad thing either. I'm busy, but it's a GOOD busy. The summer? It might literally kill me, but I'm going to try really hard to make it a fun one for me AND for the kids. And I'm going to try not to go broke in the process. Opinions? Please share.
The blogging thing. It used to be so fun for me and exciting and new. And now? It's like I don't have time to fit it in anymore.
Priorities. I need a system. I need to purge. Just writing this right now makes me realize how much I miss it. Maybe I'll be back more consistently. Or not. I really can't make up my mind. Don't judge.
My camera may have finally been fixed. The company basically swore at me on paper. It's an angry fix-it letter. And yet, it's fixed. Sort of. John is picking me up a new SD card. And maybe I'll take some pictures again. Maybe.
And speaking of pictures, I really want to get in to photography. And be good at it. And take pictures. With an awesome SLR camera. And I want to do a lot of new things. Like learn Photoshop, and piano, and violin... and gardening... and making jewelry... and how to sew on a button (Thanks, Jen). But I feel sort of torn with all this stuff because how on earth am I going to do all of it?
Infertility sucks. And going through it twice sucks even more. But I feel really equipped to handle it. And I'm not big on talking about it to just anyone this time around. So there ya go.
Turning 30 has been really monumental for me. I love myself at this age. It's fun, it's fresh, it's confident, it's promising. Love. It. Mariel and I talked about it in depth over lunch. We both love it. Everyone should try it.
My kids are so wonderful. I can't even put it into words. Levi is beyond his years and funny and adorable and helpful and handsome and smart... and witty and GREAT. Faith is hilarious, and coy, and really REALLY girly... and smart and gorgeous and happy.
And John? Don't even get me started on him. It feels like it takes something away from it by writing it down. Like... it's cheesy or something. But that man? He gets me. And he loves me and all my faults. And he really is somethin'.
I love summer. I'm really happy lately. And summer and sun and the fun things coming up always help.
And ever since Memorial Day, I've been seriously neglecting getting my house cleaned. The mess has just sort of been sitting there because funner things have come along and I just don't care this week. And I love that I don't care. But I'm seriously going to change my sheets today. Because Faith eating chips on my bed and then me not changing my sheets is SO NOT OKAY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


22 comments:
I don't think you suck.
:)
Ha! I LOVE your posts. They always make me smile. Good luck with the summer and entertaining kids!
You don't suck and this entry was very non-sucky. Honest. I'm glad your life is so happy. You're a lucky girl!
I have been waiting for you to post something..anything..and you delivered. This post actually made me think about a few things...like how you enjoyed turning 30...I'm turning 30 in a few weeks and not looking forward to it...but now it doesn't seem so bad. Thanks for that. And I'm sorry you are having infertility issues, i hope that works out for you. By the way, I am so jealous hat you have almost 40 followers, way to go!
I too do not think you suck. I think you are awesome!
I'll sew your buttons anytime, friend!
I know how ya feel. Except for all of the reality tv addictions. I just don't seem to have the time to watch all of them. However, I seem to always watch the train wreck that is "Jon and Kate Plus Eight". I'm crying, inside, for their children.
I too, would love to learn more about photography. Mainly, because I don't want to pay people to take adorable pictures of my kids. I'm SLOWLY saving money for an SLR camera and I'm currently learning about Photoshop. Then there's the million other things that I want to learn or dabble in. It's just too much!!!!
I really enjoy your "sucky" posts. Really! 'Cause they're honest and real. Not flowery and perfect.
Do what you can, and when you can. We'll always be here for ya!
*oh yeah... it's about flippin time the camera co. fixed your camera! The poop heads.
Your post made me laugh, well most of it! You know my feelings on the reality tv bit (thanks for your comments) I love seeing you at the gym; I love that even though I can't make it that often, you'll always be there to make me feel less loserish when I trip, fall, and roll my ankle; twice! I love the way you talk about John; it's so refreshing to hear positive, wonderful things about hubands!
Ooooooh I love the Bachelorette and clean sheets.
Good post and I agree on a couple of things as far as the TV goes. I LOVE TV and let me tell you, the summer is hard. The closer on TNT is good and so is Army Wives on Lifetime. Those and So You Think You Can Dance is all I have. Enjoy the summer.
yeah, i don't get the title. why do you suck? this is good thought sorting here. it's important to sort the thoughts from time to time.
Keep it up...I LOVE reading your blog even though I "SUCK" and don't always comment. Keep it going and get some pics added already!!!
Andrea, the title is in reference too how bad I am at blogging lately. And how it's been like almost a month since my last post. Lame. But oh, well? What do ya do?
I meant in reference 'to' not 'too'. Just had to clear that up. I know the difference between the 'two' I promise.
You don't totally suck... I would wait weeks and weeks to hear from you again! :) You still make me smile. I'm so glad that life is wonderful and beautiful for you, praying for another blessing to make it even better...
Oh, this is Christine by the way. :) New bloggy name, loving it or what?!
I love the random thoughts by holly post-keep 'em coming!
LOVE that post.
Cameras suck.
Husbands rock.
30's are the BEST!
I love this.
We used to watch a few more reality shows, but I think it clicked - is that REALLY reality? How often do a bunch of women get thrown into a big house with one man, that he has to whittle down to one? How often do a bunch of people get thrown together on an island, like Lord of the Flies only without eating each other? etc. etc. Read the Hunger Games - REALLY good book, quick and easy read, and brings more perspective on all those too.
I had to read what you said about John about 5 times. Beautiful!
Best cheap summer activity: Slip & slide! Hours of fun, just don't leave it on your grass it will turn it yellow!
Your concerns are not your alone, I feel the same way too sometimes!
Lots of things to think about.
It's good to hear from you. Miss ya girl. I love your random thoughts. I think you of OFTEN!!!!!! xoxo
You don't suck at blogging or anything else for that matter.
I loved this. I loved reading all of your thoughts.
I know what you mean about wanting summer to be fun but not go broke in the process. That predicament totally stresses me out.
I am sorry about the infertility. Truly, I am.
I agree, 30 is promising.
I love what you said about each member of your family. I love that John gets you. That is such a beautiful thing.
Post a Comment