I've been a bit scatterbrained as of late. Okay, who am I kidding? I'm always a bit scatterbrained. My Dad has teased me for years that I must have blonde roots.
SO rude, Dad. So rude.
But anyway, I keep losing things. It's really nothing new, actually. I'm notorious for losing things and then finding them later... sometimes much MUCH later. I'm so good at finding things, in fact, that when I was in 6th grade, the ENTIRE school was looking for a boy's lost contact. Contacts were a pretty new thing for young kids then and his mom was freaking out. The whole class was on their hands and knees looking for the contact. I'm sure you know where this is going.... I found it. It was stuck on the very bottom of one of the school chairs. Just the tiny clear tip of it was hanging out. His mom kissed me she was so happy.
But like I was saying... I lose things. In the last three months, I've lost three tubes of lipstick, lip gloss, lip liner and a shirt that I bought last year. It's VERY annoying! I've blamed almost all things lost on Faith. She frequently likes to dump my purse and has lost many an item in the process.
Just last night I was at the store and I bought myself some chapstick (ya know, since my other chapstick is lost). I stuck it in the zippered pocket of my purse so it wouldn't fall out. I went to get it today and it was GONE!! Faith had recently dumped my purse and I was sure it was among the rubble of the other dumpees.
But it wasn't.
So I emptied the entire contents of my purse with my right hand as I was holding the bottom of my purse with my left hand. Nothing was coming out of my purse. It was empty. But I could still feel from the outside with my left hand that there was still more in there.
I look a little closer....
And this is what I found:

Still don't see it? Look harder:

Here are the missing items I retrieved from my purse:

Along with the perfect shade of lipstick, that tampon could have come in handy.
Now if I could just find my lost shirt (and John's wedding ring while I'm at it would be nice too)!


27 comments:
What a nerd! Thank heavens you found that tampon. That could be the very tampon that will prevent severe embarrasment in the future.
Too funny!
It's like finding treasure!! How cool. Now you don't have to buy lipstick for a while.
LOL - that is very funny! It's great to find things you've lost, I always feel like I got a new present. I also feel that way when I wash clothes and they come back from the hamper all nice and clean. I'm a dork.
I love that you keep a toothbrush in your purse!
I HATE losing lipstick, especially when it's the perfect color!
Ha!! Sounds like something that would happen to me! Glad you found your stuff!
You are so funny! Glad you've figured it out, finally!
It's almost like getting cool stuff for free!!
That is so funny. That has happened to me too, and I thought all my kids stole my change.
I have the same chapstick, love it!
darned hole!
Oh my gosh - I laughed too. That is SOOOOOOO dang funny and yes, it's like you found a buried treasure. Too bad there wasn't a lost $20 bill in that hole too!
That is hilarious!!!!! Of course, your purse was eating everything...not your dear daughter. That's a good one for sure :)
Too funny Holly! I love your blog by the way. Sorry I never leave comments. Glad you found everything!
That is hilarious!
I just found my glasses that have been missing for 3 months. Don't tell me where I found them, because there were just sitting on the air hockey table one morning. I asked my housekeeper and she said they were there. Greg said they were there. The kids who can talk say they were there. So, it must have been one of my boys who found them and put them out. WEIRD!
I find it very funny! Wow that's a lot of stuff that got through the hole.
Oooh it might be time for a new purse. What a shame. Glad you found the Bermuda Triangle.
HA HA HA! Is my mind in there too? What about my missing socks?? Or maybe my missing sex drive?
christmas in april. nothing like it.
let me know if you find paige's sex drive in there. because that would be one for the books.
Whoa...your purse is like one of those black holes in space...things get sucked into the vortex and never come out!!
I laughed at this...glad you found your missing treasures.
I agree with Andrea...if you find Paige's missing sex drive that would truly be a feat.
That really is funny.
I can remember my mom always blaming her lost stuff on us kids. It drove me nuts. Now, I love it when I visit and she has lost something and I KNOW it wasn't me. Feels so good.
Maybe if your purse wasn't so noisy and jangly you would have realized the problem sooner! Please get a new purse... a quieter one.
That is great you found everything! By the way, I love your purse, so don't get a new one (sheesh, Joyce!) lol
I LOVE finding lost treasure. I once found my cell phone and a candy bar in the lining of my purse. I don't know which I was happier about.
That is so funny! That is a LOT of stuff!
Ha! That is so funny. I have a travel size toothbrush and toothpaste in my purse too. We metal mouths have to do that.
I was hoping that your shirt was in there too - what a bummer. Kidding. Glad you found all your stuff, but that has happened to me. I found 20 bucks in the bottom of a purse with a hole.
Check your heat vents for the ring. We found my hubbies band in our kitchen heat vent after 13 months. We were looking cause my son, then a toddler had lost my rings. I had a dream they were down the heat vent in our room. They weren't. They were down the heat vent of the kids bathroom.
Still, I think that was a cool psychic moment.
I am going to be laughing all afternoon.
I love Burt's Bees too.
Post a Comment