My beautiful Grandmother passed away this morning at 3:00 am. She left behind a wonderful legacy of ten children and countless grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I was able to spend several hours with her the night before last. That time spent with her will always be so precious and dear to me.
I love you, Grandma!
Ethel Richey
1912-2008


42 comments:
Wow, what a posterity! Sorry for your loss but congrats for her for finishing strong.
I'm sorry, but know what a blast she is probably having on the other side. A great legacy is a wonderful blessing to have enjoyed!
Sorry about your grandma, It sounds like she was a wonderful lady. Let me know if you need anything.
Holly I am sorry to hear of your loss and pray you and your family will be comforted. Luv, Jen
I'm so sorry.
I'm sorry, losing a family member is always difficult. I'm glad you had some time with her at the end, what a special opportunity for you and her.
A beautiful life is a legacy for all who loved her.
Oh Holly. I'm so sorry to hear that your grandma passed away! How wonderful it is that you got to know her so well.
I imagine her welcoming party will be filled with as many loving people as her farewell party. LDS funerals always have that silver lining.
sorry to hear about your grandma...she sounds like a wonderful woman. I'm sure she will be sorely missed, but now she can look out for you on the other side!
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. When I read the title, I thought for sure it would be your mom's mom what had past away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Love ya!!
I'm so sorry for your loss Holly. I'm glad you got to spend some time with her!
♥♥♥
I am so sorry! She had such a beautiful smile! I am glad you got to spend some time with her. Isn't it wonderful to know that you will see her again?
Sorry for your loss..but how sweet to spend some last moments with her. Bittersweet! Hope you are holding up okay!!
I also am sorry. But so glad you got to spend some precious time with her. I'm sure it meant the world to her.
Holly,
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. It must have been wonderful to have her in your life! I wish you and your family all of the comfort and peace, during this difficult time. Take care friend.
So sorry about your grandma. She looks super cute! 10 kids?!? I'm amazed at anyone who survives that!
So sorry, Holly...
I'm sorry for your loss, Holly. I will keep you and your family in my prayers! What a beautiful life your Grandma lived.
Your grandma is a doll, and such a beautiful smile. It is so hard to lose a loved one, but yet so peaceful. I am glad you have wonderful memories to keep with you forever! Our prayers will be with you and your family to get through this.
I'm so sorry Holly! She's beautiful.
Holly, I am sorry for your loss. What an amazing person she must of been. We love you :)
Oh Holly!! I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It's good you were able to spend time with her before her passing on to the next life. Take Care!! {HUGS}
I am so sorry for your loss.
What a lucky lady, she got to live a wonderful long 96 years of life. She probably had wonderful stories to tell.
Hey Holly,
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinkin of ya. Looks like you had a wonderful Grandma.
I'm so sorry Holly. That makes me cry.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Many prayers for you and your family.
Holly I am so sorry for you loss, she looks like the cutest grandma! Let me know if you need anything, i just had to go through this in March, it is not easy, but at least we know they are in a better place! Love ya!
Sorry for your loss, what a nice tribute.
Your grandma looks like such a sweetheart! It is such a comfort to know what we know, but still hard. Thank heavens for Eternal families. She must be so happy to reunite with her hubby. That's the only thing that gets us through.
Oh, Holly. I'm sorry to hear that.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how hard it is to lose a granddma.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
I love those pictures. I will have to check in on your blog now and then. Thanks for sharing the picures and thoughts.
What lovely pictures you have of your Grandms with your children. Wonderful memories.
Oh, Holly! I miss my grandma every day. So sorry for your loss. She sounds like a great lady.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandama~ you're in my thoughts sweety.
bummer! sounds like an awesome woman! hope you're doing okay. hang in there!
bummer! sounds like an awesome woman! hope you're doing okay. hang in there!
sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are doing okay.
I am so sorry, but you are so lucky to have spent that time together! You looked like a fun grandma.
Holly I can't remember your last name! I want to be your Facebook friend but I am thinking if I search for "Hollyween" you won't come up. :) My last name is Rawlins. Search for me.
Post a Comment