So I realize that I've been MIA for a while. My google reader is at 300 and I'm trying super hard not to let it affect me. Why does blogging seem like 'NO FUN' when my reader is jam packed? And then I empty it and that little pit in my stomach goes away. My friend, Brenda, called it an 'Enjoyable Burden'. I couldn't agree more. It's the perfect analogy. Life just feels busier than ever lately. I don't know why, but it feels like every day is packed with something. It's not entirely a bad thing. It's just... BUSY. And the holidays aren't even here yet. Oy.
Last week I took a trip to Washington to visit my Dad and step-mom, Bette, with just my siblings. No spouses, no kids. It was, for lack of a better word... AWESOME. I can't describe it. It was like old times. It was fun to bond with my siblings without the interruptions of the children we love. Ya know, so we could feel like children ourselves. I came away with a stronger testimony of the gospel, a deeper love for both my family I grew up with and the family I live with, and a greater feeling of self-worth. If you haven't had a sibling trip, I strongly encourage you to plan one. Really, really ... plan one.
Off the subject, but definitely needing to be mentioned is my awesome blog. Mariel, thank-you ONCE AGAIN for re-designing it. It looks great. You might have noticed that your google reader reads 'Seriously Holly' rather than what it read before with my last name. It's a way of protecting myself and my family and it's more 'me'. So if you hate it, guess what? I don't care. If you have my last name on your sidebar, I'd be much obliged if you changed it. Pretty please?
Moving on...
Here's some pics of the great time we had. I took 79 pictures. This isn't even half. So I'm sorry if it seems like a lot. Believe me when I say this is the narrowed down version.
Because my family LOVES food more than any other family I'm aware of, I've dedicated an entire post to be published within the next couple days exclusively about food. And not just any food. My FAVORITE food. You're gonna wanna come back. And don't say I didn't warn ya if your tongue starts hanging out and dripping on your keyboard.
The ride up... Grant (on the left) and Clark (on the right). My bros.
.JPG)
Switching vehicles..
Joyce (on the left) and Charlotte (on the right). Two of my wonderful sisters!
.JPG)
Are you surprised that the youngest got the back seat? I mean... Hello. It's the luck of the draw. That and I don't get car sick.
Just like old times. Except this time I didn't have to sit on 'the hump' and have mono-leg.
.JPG)
Grant treated us to lunch at Chili's on the way up. It was delish and left me with an appropriate bloat. Thanks Grant!

Our first meal when we arrived. Bette slaved away the entire time. She is simply amazing. And so is her food. It was so fun to sit together at the dinner table as a family. Check out Clark's face in the below pic:
.JPG)
My Dad and my two awesome brothers.
(For the record, I do have a younger brother, Duke. He's a half brother from my mother's second marriage. My Dad is not his Dad. Get it? Confusing family dynamics. Love him too, of course.)
.jpg)
The six siblings and my Dad.
.jpg)
There was lots of time for sisterly bonding.
Joyce and I...
.JPG)
Charlotte and I...
.JPG)
Laura and I... and our nose holes.
.JPG)
This was my favorite picture taken on the entire trip. Bette took it and my cute friend
Crissy made it look all cute. Thanks, Crissy!!!
From left: Joyce, Holly, Laura, and Charlotte...
-2.jpg)
There was also brotherly bonding.
Clark and I...
.JPG)
Grant and I...
.JPG)
Ode to 'Chef Bette'. Thanks for the yummy food!
.JPG)
Besides eat, we also slept after we stayed up all hours of the night laughing our heads off until our sides hurt...
.JPG)
Zzzzzzzzzzz...
.JPG)
We had lots of time to chat and carry on deep conversations about deep topics such as 'The Second Coming' and 'Food Storage'. I cried out of sheer stress. But then we played Balderdash and I forgot all about it. Denial, maybe? Nah.
(I am going to get crackin' on my food storage. I am, I am, I am.)
We also listened to Jim Gaffigan and we laughed until we cried. 'Hot Pockets!!!!!' 'Diarrhea Pockets!!!'' Just thinking about it makes me start laughing all over again.
CLICK HERE to listen to the Hot Pockets segment. Share in our
JOY. And we saw
THIS MOVIE. Wanna see a good movie? This one had us rolling with laughter and possibly annoying other movie-goers that were there at the same time we were.
Oh well.
Talking...
.JPG)
Lounging...

Talking and lounging...
.JPG)
And more lounging...
.JPG)
We all went to church on Sunday together as a family. It was so fun to take up the WHOLE ROW. Good times. Good times. Dad and Bette, your ward is wonderful. It was so great to listen to ALL THREE MEETINGS without my children pawing at me for more goldfish crackers. Or standing in the hall chasing Faith everywhere and getting her yet another drink from the drinking fountain.

We were all so HAPPY to be there.
I honestly don't know how it could have gone ANY better!!!
.JPG)
Pure fun and relaxation!!
.JPG)
Thanks Dad and Bette. Your accommodations were wonderful as was the food and the company. Let's do it again, shall we??
.JPG)
38 comments:
You look good. Clear skin and super skinny. Well done.
I also love that picture of you and your sisters. That looks so cool. What fun times and what a good idea to take a sibling trip.
Bette's food is absolutely AMAZING and I am so excited to read your food post. Seriously!
The picture of you and your sisters is so pretty!! What a fun trip, that is really cool that you got to do that and spend good time with them. Love your new blog design!!
How Fun! I do something similar with my mom and sister (and sil) No brothers, though. THey're messy. Glad you're back and that you had a blast.
What a fun trip! I have never done anything like that. Glad to have you back and don't worry about the 300 thing to catch up on. If I were that far, I would just start over, LOL!!
Love all the pics, Holly! I am glad I was able to help a little. I would love to again anytime you need any help on photos. Love the new blog design! I recognize a few of the designers.
What a blast!! I always had to be the one riding in the middle...hump, mono leg and all. Ahh...the memories!!
OK, I just about peed my pants laughing at that movie! HILARIOUS!!!
You look so pretty in the pictures...I like the one of you in the backseat the best...oh, and the one with your nose holes ;)
I love the new look of your blog and the new name. Maybe I should take my last name off of the title of my blog, too. Hmmm?
I cry when I think about food storage and the Second Coming, too. I laughed when you said you played a game and forgot about your stress. You and I are a lot alike, I think :)
I love that you did this and am a tiny bit jealous that you have such great brothers who were willing as well as your sisters. My sisters and I would do this, I think, but not my brothers. You are one blessed girl! Hopefully you were able to scratch your Winco itch while you were up here!! :)
Love love love your new look!
Family times = Fun times. Seems like you have a seriously awesome family!
I've missed you Holly. It looks like a super fun trip! Glad you made it home safe. (I know your reader has a ton of things you need to check, but you really need to come look at my blog.)
That sounds like so much fun. I totally need to do that with my siblings. It'd be great. LOVED the hot pocket segment. So funny. Thanks for sharing!!!
love the new look... seriously Holly, I do... he he!
Um, could you hurry and send the other 60+ pictures? I'm waiting...
Holly, my sisters and I do this every year! We pick a location and we all fly in from all over the country. One year we went on a four day cruise, came home and 3 days later our Dad passed away. When my Mom was alive she came too, it was the highlight of our year. We invite our sister in law to come, we don't want our brother!!! Fun times, wonderful memories, I am so happy for you!!!
What a great idea. Looks like you had soooo much fun. You look great. I haven't seen you forever. We need to go to lunch sometime like good ole times.
Looks like fun!! LOVE the nose hole pictures!!!!
i'm going to confess that i skimmed most of this post. i think it's one of those most enjoyed by the people actually pictured in it.
i will, however, say that i do like your new look, good move on the name change, and i'm glad you had fun.
How fun to spend time with your siblings! I miss my brother like crazy. I will always cherish the time I had with him
What a blast. I'm so glad you had so much fun. Family trips are the best. We do sister retreats once a year and they ROCK!!!!!! You are so cute and it looks like your family is awesome. A good time had by all!!!!
Love ya
Girl, you've gotta let the Google Reader go. Just let it go, and don't feel guilty. You just gotta do it sometimes, you know?
Oh, except for my posts. Read those ones :)
-------
My sisters and I plan a "girl's trip" every year, but we haven't let the boys in on it yet. I don't think staying in a hotel and scrapbooking all weekend is their cup of tea...
I wish that part of Washington was closer to MY part of Washington!
What a great trip. We lost our oldest brother in December and it's just not the same. I'm glad you are cherishing your sibs.
That looks like so much fun! I am so gald you got to go and get away it was a very well deserved trip for you! Your family looks like so much fun. And I love the picture with you and your sisters.
I love the pictures! I am so glad you had a good time. I'm definitely going to have to plan a sibling trip!
Love the new look, Holly! Can't we fix the picture of our obvious noseholes? lol The trip was great and I feel the same way about it as you do. It exceeded my highest expectations.
By the way, I am still bloated. lol
Trips like that are so fun. Glad you had a great time.
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I can't wait to read your food post as I am a FOOD LOVER myself :)
Looks like fun Holly! A sibling trip sounds like a great idea!
What a fun trip! Glad you had fun! You look so pretty in all the pictures!
So *that's* why you haven't responded to my email yet... you've been visiting Washington, about 20 minutes from where I live, and not calling me to let me know. ME -- someone you have never met, who you would only recognize from the neck down -- not inviting me to join your family retreat. Humph, I'm insulted.
(Okay, I'm not. But hopefully one of these days we'll actually MEET!) :D The trip looked wonderful.
Looks like a fabulous trip! Aren't siblings the BEST?
I'm so glad you had a good time! If I went on a sibling trip with my sibs, my younger sis Angela would try to disagree and debate every subject known to man, my other sis Melanie would be hormonal, and my younger brother's would torment me with constant teasing. They haven't changed much over the years...dorks.
Love the new title, look, and the cute pics of the sibs!
Great new look!
Love all the pictures- looks like you had a blast!
Oh-- btw- Seriously Holly is now showing up instead of Evan's family on my sidebar incase you wanted to know...
That trip looks like pure heaven to me! That is my dream to have all my kids come back and visit like that! Your parents must have been so happy.
I love the name! What a fun trip! I am so happy you were able to go. What a great family you have!
What a nice trip for you. I would love a sibling vacation. I am in the same boat as you. My google reader is at 127 and I just don't feel like catching up much. I had to read yours though because it has seemed like forever since I've seen a new post from you! Glad you updated. I like the new blog look.
Looks such such a fun time!! I am glad you guys had fun so you can do it all again soon!!! I have to correct one thing on your blog....
The Hardmans enjoy food more than ANY family in the world!! We are all obsessed with it and have the pounds to prove it ( and the food disorders....haha)
love ya heaps,
Marsha oxox
ME AGAIN! I just tagged you... post your favorite holiday recipe. I'm sure you have something yummy for us!
What a FUN trip you had! I never even considered going on a sibling trip...I'll have to give that some thought. Great idea to change the name on your blog...very cute title too!
Post a Comment