The other night, Levi started screaming his head off in the middle of the night. He's six years old so this doesn't happen unless there is something REALLY wrong or he's sick, had a bad dream, etc. I had been up with Faith a couple hours before so when I rushed in to see what was going on, I was really out of it.
Me: What's wrong?
Levi: There's a bee in my room!!!!
Me: A bee? Are you sure?
Levi: Yes! It's going to sting me. WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
*I turned on the light and tried really, really hard to see though I am completely blind without contacts or glasses.*
Me: I don't see anything, Levi. I don't think there's a bee in here.
Levi: Yes there is!!!! I can hear it! I CAN HEAR IT AND IT'S GOING TO STING ME! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
*I rubbed my eyes again and tried to wake up from my sleep-induced coma that I was in for a whole two hours. *
Me: I think it went out the window (LIE). It's not in here anymore. Go back to sleep.
Levi: Can I sleep with you?
Me: NO.
Levi: (through sniffles) Will you lay by me?
Me: *sigh* For a minute.
So, I'm laying by Levi and I'm starting to freak out about this bee that may or may not be in his room. I am not normally afraid of bees. They don't scare me. I don't bother them and they don't bother me. But as I'm laying on Levi's bed in the middle of the night in his pitch black room, I'm finding myself listening for the buzz of a bee. And I'm dying because I'm totally out of it for one and I'm really freaking out about this bee and (NOW) really sympathizing with Levi about it. Is it going to sting me? Where is it? I think I can hear it! Ahhhhhh!
I eventually went to bed.
No one got stung.
I never saw a bee the next day.
Fast-forward to last night.
I start talking about the 'Bee Incident' with John and how in the light of day it was funny to think that I was actually freaked out about the stupid bee.
Me: I think Levi dreamed about that bee, but it seemed so real that it woke him up.
It must have been one of those dreams where it just felt really real to him.
John: It was definitely a dream.
Me: How do you know? Maybe the bee just buzzed away.
John: It was a dream. Bees don't fly at night.
Me: What? How do you know they don't fly at night?
John: They go to sleep.
Me: Bees don't sleep. I've never seen a sleeping bee.
John: They're just like everything else. They need sleep too.
Me: You're crazy. Bees don't sleep.
John: When was the last time you saw a bee flying at night time?
Me: ... uh ...
John: See? They do sleep.



32 comments:
hahaha! i love it!
i know what you mean, though. at night things just seem so much more real or more possible. and once you wake up in the morning you just have to laugh at how silly you were being! that happens to me all the time, well not all the time, but more often then i'd like to admit!
so glad no one got stung! the whole bees not flying at nihgt has really got me thinking now! hmmmm?!
That was so funny. I mean why WOULDN'T they sleep at night. I would have been freaking out too.
See, now that is why your blog is so hilarious. You take a normal story and I feel like I'm there with you. Did Levi say his favorite word, also? C-r-a-....
Perhaps he is right...perhaps bees do sleep at night...he brings up a good point...bees need sleep I guess...
but, what if it was a renegade bee? Huh, John? What if it was a bee up at night without a cause...
That is too funny! It is so hard to concentrate during those midnight hours. I always feel more freaked out at night. Those bees without a cause. . . they can be scary!
Perhaps it was one of those loud, annoying flies that buzz in your ear.
That's very funny! I hate when put on the spot like that. And about a dumb bee, no less. Now flies don't sleep at night because when they are in your room, they flash buzz your ears all night!
I'm with Melissa. It must have been one of those flies that buzz really loud like bees. Those are highly obnoxious.
knowing John, he was totally making that up about the bees, even if it is true. I'm sure he would never tease you about being afraid of a nonexistent bee in the night.... ha ha. I DO think it was one of those flies mentioned by others. I call them "bass flies". Their buzz is so low... bzzzz bzzzzz bzzzz.
Oh! Those middle of the night terrors! I'm feeling for you. It sounds like John likes to make things up to see if you'll believe him. Shane does that too. Maybe John is right but it sounds just rediculous enough to be made up. Now I need to know the truth!
John's right. Bees don't fly at night. I hate it when they (our husbands)are right. The big fat no-it-alls!
I can sympathize with Levi. I have a fear of spiders crawling up my nostrils or ear canals, while I'm sleeping. And how about those noisy, buzzing, flies? You spend have the night hitting your self in the head, and swatting at the air. I HATE THEM!
Um.... again my back woods, Wyomin', schoolin' roots are showing. no-it-alls!?!?!?!?! What's wrong with me?
know-it-alls!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha!! That is a funny story! Bees do totally sleep.
That is so funny.!!! I'm dying with laughter. The things kids put us through in the middle of the night.
I would have freaked out! I HATE bees! Even the thought of them gives me the creeps! FUnny story!
SOOO FUNNY!! All of my friends at work had to come and read what I was laughing about!
Is he sure that they don't fly at night? I am with you, I don't know John.... Poor little Levi he was so scared.
Hilarious. The best part is John's logic -- have you seen a bee at night? No? Well, then that means they are sleeping. End of story.
John, John, John -- YOU MAKE ME LAUGH! Let me tell, you -- I think Mont and John may be related and I don't mean just by marriage. They are both so "dry" sometimes. He probably laughed the whole way to work about it!
I love it. That is too funny. I love those out of it moments cause you have been up with a baby. I get to do that again soon! :)
You poor thing, I always have trouble falling asleep after being woken up!
You need to research if bees do sleep and let us know!
Tonight you might want to watch out for bears. Or birds.
Sleep tight.
It's like he's the parent, making up plausible explanations, to calm you down.
Did you Google it and see if he's right? I love the internet. It's how I always prove Ryan wrong.
John, the man, the husband, the voice of reason. Awesome story.
That bee story is the funniest thing! I love Levi! He is so stinkin cute! He just cracks me up!
My Mom always said "pray at night, plan in the morning" Do you think this would pertain to Bee emergencys? Great story.
Hey the witches are at Gardener. mmmmm fried green tomatoes
I haven't seen then at night, either.
Therefore, his theory MUST be correct. ;-)
FUNNY!!!!!! Thanks for that useful piece of info. Actually, that really is helpful. Hilarious.
I'm glad you didn't get stung by a bee! Who knows, maybe there was one in his room? Do they sleep? Well, on the cartoons they do. We'll have to investigate!
wait, what?! you must post a follow up post, I want some research to back up John's thoughts.
Your stories always make me laugh!!!
I love this story!!! Levi is so funny! Oh and then you starting to believe that the bee was really in there? Too Funny!!
BTW I gave you an AWARD on my blog.
Oh and how did you do that Follower thing on your blog? I want to be one of your followers. I also want followers.
You are hilarious, you make anything and everything sound so funny! I can't believe you actually had that conversation with John, Aaron is totaly out of it in the middle of the night, he wouldn't remember a single word of the conversation the next morning!
Post a Comment