Back by POPULAR demand, I have another favorite things post.
Okay, so only one person said they wanted another one, but still.
In case you're wondering where I've been, it's been a crazy couple weeks. We got new carpet, painted baseboards and did family pictures. Aren't all those things stressful enough? Family pictures alone almost caused a complete mental breakdown. Oh, and Faith? She freaks when I'm on the computer. We are talking 'throw-her-body-down-kicking-and-screaming-pushing-wailing-gnashing-of-teeth-style-freakouts'. They ain't pretty.
I'll post pics of the before and after carpet soon. I've been doing 'carpet angels' and getting down on my knees to smell it every night. It's bliss. Pure, pure carpeted bliss.
On to the favorite things:
(And in case you missed the last one, CLICK HERE.)
Are you happy with your makeup sponge? Do you take forever to replace it and start using the teeny tiny foamy bits to apply your makeup? And when you start putting it on, the teeny bits crumble and fall into your eyes? Well, fear no more my friends.
My FAVORITE makeup sponge is from The Body Shop. It's the best. And I would know because I've tried several kinds. When I apply my makeup, I like a really thin, even layer. To accomplish this, I wet my makeup sponge. This applicator puts up with my abuse and lasts FOREVER. It even gets better over time. I can wet it and squeeze it out day in and day out and it still stays strong.
As I get older, my love of cheese grows and grows. Unfortunately, if I eat too much of it, so does my waistline. I have to be careful. I love Tilamook products. My Dad introduced me to them and they really are the best. They now have 'Tila-moos' which are individually packed slices of cheese. It's just enough to get that 'fix' you need. I buy them in pepper jack because it's my favorite, but you can get them in any kind.
Do what I do and buy Ritz crackers and divide your cheese in like six baby sections and eat one section on top of each Ritz. You can appreciate it more that way as long as you're fine with the six crackers of extra caloric intake. *sigh*
I LOVE DHC skincare products. It's all mail-order or online and you get four samples with every order so you can try it before you buy it. It's a nice line and I buy several items from there.
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is wonderful. It takes off your makeup and leaves your skin feeling fantastic and smooth. The only thing I despise about it is that you must put it on a DRY face. So, my routine is as follows: I keep it in the shower (even though it says not to), turn my water on and then point the shower head downwards. Then I dry my hands on the towels hanging by the shower, hop in and wash my face before it gets wet. I'm good at it. Call me lazy, but I don't like washing my face anywhere but the shower. It just sounds like too much mess and too much work and then your counter top gets all wet and the soap gets in your hair and you look like 'Earth Woman'. My skin quality improved dramatically when I started using this. When I'm done cleansing and moisturizing, I finish off with...
This product:
Olive Virgin Oil, also from DHC. It lasts forever because you only use a tiny bit. Whether your skin is oily or dry, it doesn't matter. It seals in the moisture and evens out your skin tone. Fabulous. I use it after my moisturizer.
You'll glow. But not in a sick, shiny look-like-you-haven't-showered-sort of way.
Mmmm... food. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge connoisseur of it.
Sandy's is sooooooo yummy. I think a lot of people don't think of it because it's sort of an 'Old Fogie' hangout. Seriously. It is. You instantly feel youthful because you're always the youngest one in there. It's wholesome goodness and I crave it the most when I'm breathing.
If you go, ya gotta try the triple berry pie a' la mode. Oh, baby. You'll thank me. They also have seasonal fruit tarts. Right now they have both peach and strawberry. But their food is equally good to their desserts. My personal fave is the patty melt. Yes. It's a patty and it melts in your mouth, Mamma.
Like pickles? Have you been shopping in the pickle aisle thinking that those pickles were your only options? Guess what? You've been missing out on pickle deliciousness, my friend. And I mean BIG TIME. Go to the refrigerated section. Get the Claussen baby dills. Your mouth will thank-you. Your husband? He won't thank you unless he indulges with you. They make your breath stink. But who cares about bad food breath when you've been married a while? Am I right, people?
Thanks for telling me about them, Joyce. I'll forever be in your debt for saving me from the non-refrigerated pickles.
I used to sell 'Pampered Chef' for a couple years. I swear to you that I wasn't an annoying salesperson. Pampered Chef just sales itself. I bet most of you own one thing or another.
One of my favorites? The batter bowls. Very basic. Very classic. Very handy. Love them. Have four of them. Don't have one? You need one. 'Nuff said.
One of my VERY FAVORITE products in this list is 'Pinch Your Cheeks' by Origins. Ya know how cute you look when you're flushed (Not sweaty flushed, but maybe early in the workout flushed.)? This stuff is magic. I get it in 'Raspberry' and it doesn't fail me. It lasts forever and Origins also has great sample sales and I usually order it when I get a few free samples to go along with it. (One of these days, I'll have to do a post about my obsession with samples. It's my sister, Laura's fault. She's even more obsessed than I am and that's hard to do. )
I really LOVE this product. You can't beat it.
If you haven't tried the Ziploc Zip 'n Steam bags yet, you really should. The bags say right on it how long to cook which vegetable whether it's frozen or fresh. You don't add water. Just pop your veggies (and even MEAT) in there, add a few seasonings and Voila! You're a chef!
I loved them this summer with my garden fresh green beans. They cooked perfectly and I didn't have to sit and wait for water to boil and then cook them too long until they turned 'poop yellow'. Not that I ever had that happen or anything.
Last, but most certainly NOT LEAST, I must tell you about what might possibly be one of my favorite movies of all time. Nacho Libre! It's right up there. Every time I watch it, I laugh even harder than the time before. If you haven't seen it, you really NEED to. If you've only seen it once, watch it again. If you've seen it and didn't like it, I really don't know if we can be friends anymore.
Nachoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
One of my new favorite quotes?
'They think I don't know crap about the gospel, but I Deuuuuuu'
Until next time, my readers!!












31 comments:
Nacho Libra is so funny. Tanner sings the song all of the time. It makes me laugh. My boys favoite part is when they are throwing fruit and put poop on each other. so funny.
Hey girlfriend! Good to hear from you. I want to see your new home improvements. Fun for you guys.
I love when people do their favorite things. Thanks for the info. I have some ziplock bags because I've been wanting to try using those ever since I saw them on biggest loser. Sweet. And...I have not yet seen Nacho Libre. I KNOW. I will. Just chill.
Love ya
I KNEW there were some serious secrets to all that beautiful loveliness! :)
Favorite things should be a regular feature on your blog. I love this kind of stuff. I can't wait to try some of your favs.
Seriously love this post! I have missed your posts!! We have a lot of favorites in common, like Claussen pickles...YUM!!!! I am definitely going to have to try those DHC products.
I know just what you mean about the carpet snow angels. We got new carpet last week, and I have been doing the SAME thing.
Do you still sell pampered chef? I could use a few new batter bowls, if so. Let me know if you do.
And Nacho? THE BEST. "Did you tell them they were the Lord's cheeps?"
Great post! I really want to try that skincare stuff now.
Speaking of Tilamook... have you tried their Mudslide ice cream? It is AMAZING.
Absolutely AMAZING.
Yum.
Thanks for all the great tips!
Seriously, a 12 year old got up in testimony meeting and started with that quote from Nacho Libre...SERIOUSLY.
I loved this!! I seriously want to try that, "Pinch Your Cheeks" by Origins!
I will wear it with my, "Strechhhhhy Pants".
I have missed your fun posts. Glad you are back.
I love all your fun favs.
We just started watching Nacho and we can't get enough. My kiddos just have a hard time with why they are eating toast in her room. What's so hard to understand?? Love it!
Nach is macho! Cody loves to recite the "stretchy pants" scene all of the time. He even has the accent down.
Thank you for another installment of your "favorite things" segment. It's a classic!
Duhhhhh... I done my schoolin' in the back woods of Wyomin'.
I meant to say..... Nacho
You are hilarious! I love your post! I am definitely going to have to go to Sandy's. It sounds delicious. I want to see your family Photos too! I'm sure they are perfect! Thanks for being such an awesome friend. Your the best.
The Nacho Libre comment made me laugh out loud!! you crack me up, and yes we can still be friends because I totally dig it :)
Great post. My family has to make Nacho quotes "every day". I love it.
So here's the thing. I want to try all of your face products because they sound so wonderful but I am too lazy to go and order them. You should have a give away and make me win.
No, I really will get them someday- they sound so much better than what I use.
I'm glad you're back.
So i think i need to stop by and see your house. Seeing as how I've never actually seen it before, now with new carpet, its a must! Love the fav things post. You always have the best stuff and recommendations.
I DO love these posts! I am going to try the "Pinch Your Cheeks". So what is a good Moisturizer? I need help.
Yes on the DHC and the batter bowls! I love 'em, too. I am intrigued by the others and will try...thanks for the tips!
OH! That makes sense now. My brother posted that quote on our family blog once but I didn't get the reference. I've seen Nacho Libre, but not enough to quote it. Now Napoleon, that's another story...
Get off my property, ya decroded piece of crap!
I think I am going to have to get some of the DHC stuff. And I guess I should break down and watch Nacho Libre as well.....
LOVE the steam bags! I use them all the time and my kids actually eat their veggies!
"get that corn out of my face!" Ahhh, I love that quote from Nacho... Also, you're welcome about those pickles--such delicious crispiness in those delightful baby dills...
Anxious to see your carpet and do some sniffin' but you won't catch me doing snow angels!
Did you miss me while I was gone? What?? You forgot AGAIN that I was leaving? Come on... can't you keep track of my schedule?
see you soon
I like all of your FAV'S!! I have never tried the DHC oil stuff, will have to get me some of that.
I love these posts! Thanks. I need blush and I am definitely going to try this Origins stuff.
oh I'm so glad you didn't have a flood. It's almost Gardener village time. mmmmm, fried green tomatos.
That's a fun post. I love DHC too...well, the cleanser. I like to use Jojoba oil as a moisturizer...better than olive. I'll have to try the ziploc bags. I keep buying those expensive bags of veggies that are in steam bags already, but your way would be cheaper I'm sure!
I like those steamer bags!
Wow, the pinch your cheeks stuff sounds great -- do you have a sample for me??? Bring some samples on the trip, ok? I love samples!! They are.....little. I can't wait for the trip!
I love knowing what people like. It saves me a lot of time and money. I like sure things. It looks like you have found a few.
My favorite quote from Nacho is "Sometimes when you're a man you have to wear stretchy pants." You're right - it does get funnier every time you see it! I've been wondering about Sandy's Fine Foods - I'm glad that you mentioned it. Someone told us that we HAVE to go there and we thought they were joking. Now I'll have to go there TOMORROW! I'll have the tarts - you know I LOVE pie!
Post a Comment