Sunday, August 31, 2008

This, That and The Other

Since I'm on a blogging roll, I might as well keep going, right?
The last nine days, I did the Isagenix Cleanse. The last time I did the 9 day cleanse was when Levi was a few months old and I wanted to lose the last of the baby weight.
Same reason this time. Remember how I hoped that last ten pounds would come off magically once I was done nursing? Turns out it didn't happen. At least, not fast enough for me. I lost 5 pounds in 9 days. Not bad. I hope I can keep it off. I'm only 10 pounds away from my goal. Okay...15 total, but let's be realistic, shall we? I don't know if I'll ever see that number again. So let's just say '10'. It sounds a lot more doable that way. I'm pretty happy I made it all the way through. I had a couple of friends that did it with me and it made it a lot more bearable. We cheered each other on. And we made it! It's a hard cleanse, but it's amazing how good you feel when you're done. And you can EAT 5 of the 9 days so it ain't bad.
Okay. I'm not gonna lie. It's bad. But it could be a lot worse.
In other news, I joined the gym. I've been working out at home on my elliptical or running outside, but I really miss the gym. Before we moved here, I was going 4 times a week to the local 'Gold's'. But once we moved here, driving 25 minutes in the diesel truck to Gold's gym didn't seem quite worth it anymore so we bought the elliptical. I've missed the gym ever since though I've been grateful to be able to work out at home. Now I can do both. It's a Lady Fitness and it's not even a half a mile from my house. I decided the only way I could justify my membership and the cost of it (which isn't too shabby) is to quit something else. Weight Watchers. I know what you're thinking! But I had to choose and I've been plateaued for a LONG TIME at WW. And I know how to work out at the gym. I've done it before. And I KNOW how to do WW. And the gym is half the price. So... there's my decision for you ALL to know.
Moving on....
There's something TOTALLY WRONG with my toe, or 'toes'. I can't figure it out.
See this picture? See how I have my finger in between my second and third toes? That's because I can't figure out which toe is giving me the problem.
Oh, and just so you know... I'm WELL AWARE of my grown out pedicure grossness, okay? I don't need anyone telling me how disgusting my feet are and how in need they are of another pedicure. I get it.

I thought I might have hammer toe. But then I read what it was and realized that I don't have it. It does sound sort of cool though. I wanted to say to people, "Hey, guess what? I have hammer toe. Sick, huh?"
Too bad I can't say that.
So I felt all skinny today at church since I just finished the dreaded 'cleanse' and instead of walking around all confidently, I was limping. Not attractive. Not attractive at all. It sort of feels like my toe needs to pop. But it won't. I kept taking off my sandals at church and tried bending it on the carpet. Then I begged John to pop them once we got home. He won't admit it, but he's not a 'feet' person. He didn't look too thrilled to be touching my sick feet. Thanks for trying, hon. Thanks for trying.
So, what is it? What's wrong with my stupid toes? And no, I didn't hurt it on anything. I just woke up with it.

The End.

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a tough life, Holly girl. 10 pounds over weight, a toe that hurts, and oh yeah, don't forget the man you married that won't pop your toe. Hmmmm.
Guess Who

kara jayne said...

ok, this post is totally crackin' me up! I LOVE the randomness of it. I'd love to do that cleanse, but I KNOW I'd whimp out. Maybe someday. Your pedicure looked quite fantastic in my opinion (compared to mine) and I love the little flower detail.

Oh, those darn feet and toes. I always have issues. Hopefully it'll just go away. The End

Lauren in GA said...

I am so impressed you made it through the cleanse! Good for you! I tried to do this Lemonade-Cleanse and I almost croaked. Great job to you!

I don't know what is wrong with your toes but...I do know foot pain can ruin your an otherwise happy day. I hope it quits just as mysteriously as it came. Maybe it's a corn or a bunion?

Lisa-Marie said...

Hey! Kendon is having toe issues right now too. How about you go to the doc and figure it out and then let us know! Thx. You're nice like that!!!!

I'm sooo impressed on the nine day cleanse. I think I would die. But it does sound nice. I have a few cafeteria grilled cheese to get rid of still. Gross.

Annemarie said...

The cleanse is an impressive move...I couldn't do it. I do love the gym, it's totally MY time.
The toe?? Sorry, can't help you there. That sucks, though.

chrissy said...

Wow, you really are on a blogging roll, aren't you?! I love it! Keep going, please.

Sorry about your toe. Maybe take an ibuprofen? Ibuprofen? fan? fin? How do you spell that? I think Ibuprofen. Hmm. Weird.

That picture of the hammer toe was nasty. It looked painful. Thanks for linking it. :)

Bridget said...

The toe thing is weird. But I think the same thing has happened to me. Is it kind of sticking to the side like that and uncomfortable? My toe will do this sometimes and I just have to stretch it and knead it back. It so strange.

I still have 10 lbs. of babyfat to lose. Yeah, my youngest is 4 years old, so there.

Rebecca McNair said...

So 5 pounds hu? I want to know how come I am the fattest one of all you guys and I lost the least amount of weight on this thing? Not fair! Now you know how slow my metabolism must be!!!! So what's up with your toe? Hope it's ok!

♥Shally said...

I have 10 pounds to lose also... of course we discussed that in LENGTH last time I saw you! ☺

No chance I could last with a cleanse, so good for you!!

I bet if you took a nice long vacation at a spa or something your toe would feel better... just a thought. :)

*tif* said...

Holly-Yes you got a good price on the membership. The best way to get a good price is find someone who has one and tell them you want that price too. I hope to see you there too. Someday I may take on more classes again but right now I only teach Tues. and Wed. at 4:30. Sigh. And on the toe thing does it feel numb down your toes? I have calcium deposits that develop between my toes and make it really uncomfortable to walk or work out. Feels like it's rubbing everytime I roll to the ball of my foot and its really uncomfortable. Give me a call if that's it. Also I think the sick went away...pretty quick right? Sheesh maybe I should have made this a blog entry instead of a comment.

shauna said...

Seems like everyone around me is doing the cleanse. I just don't know if I could do it. Kudos to you.

I'm stumped on the toe thing. I would totally pop them for you. Toes don't bug me. Nor pimples. Or ingrown hairs. But I would only do your toes. Sorry, I have to draw the line somewhere.

The Brann's said...

Glad to hear you were able to be strong and complete your cleanse. That's weird about your toe. Hopefully it will fix itself soon. My toe/foot is finally starting to turn back to it's normal color after that little incident at Lagoon!

kelly said...

i'm way impressed. i've thought of doing one of those cleanses, but they scare me. i just can't drink gross stuff.

Amber said...

Good for you sticking with it! I did a fruit cleanse and lost 7 pounds in three days. Amazing, I know. And it was the most miserable experience of my life that I will NEVER do again. My body absolutely wigged out! Oh, and the weight came back as quickly as I took it off. Darn water weight!

Anonymous said...

So, was the cleanse worth it? If you keep it off, I totally want to do it too.
Sorry about the toe....funny picture in my head of you hobbling into church. At least you werent hobbling AND chubby.

Laura said...

Congratulations and making it through the cleanse! You looked great on Saturday, so I know you will do well!

Good luck with your toe......

Becky said...

I am impressed you did the cleanse. I don't think I could do that. I like to eat too much.

Jennie said...

Angela was telling me about the cleanse. Good for you and you do look fantabulous! Sorry about your toe! I hope it makes a miraculous recovery!

mahina said...

i've never tried doing a cleanse, but my sister and mom and dad do them periodically and they love it! i should try one of these days! good for you for sticking it out!

sorry to hear about the toe. i hate any sort of toe/foot pain. it just ruins things! hopefully it will go away asap!

Kim said...

ARGH! I couldn't do a cleanse...I love food too much. Good for you though! Congrats on losing 5 pounds! That's so great!

I loved Lady Fitness when I went there. So sorry about your toes! I had foot problems, but mine were bunions from wearing too-tall shoes for too long. Sorry I can't help you with your foot problem!

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Tell your husband that he is more than welcome to come over any Saturday he would like to watch the BYU games at my place. We Y fans need to take care of each other

kelli said...

What exactly do you do for this cleanse thing? I hear you about the last 10 lbs. I have that to go, and my baby is 3.

Kimberly said...

I love those days when you feel super skinny and cute! This post was hilarious. I can't tell you how many times I've had a pedicure and let the paint grow out and stay on my ugly-grown-out toenails. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Jen said...

Do you think if I did the cleanse, I could loose my last 125,097 pounds that I have to loose after having my baby? Never mind. I would never last. You are tough as nails, my friend. Tough as nails.

Maybe you have a toe cramp that is lasting a couple of days, or maybe you have arthritis, or maybe you have elephantitis (that's a real disease), or maybe it's a fungus, or maybe it's toe jam. I'm sure your toe will be back to it's regular toe self in no time!

Hollyween said...

Kelli,
I couldn't access your profile so I had to answer you here. Hopefully you check back.

And... for anyone else that wants to know how to do the 'cleanse':

Days one and two:
Drink the cleanse drink, take the fat burning pills (stimulant free, safe, all natural) and eat the dog biscuit snacks. Okay. They're not called dog biscuit snacks. But that's what I call them, k?

Days three through seven:
Two shakes and one low calorie meal per day, 'dog snacks', fat burning pills.

Days eight and nine:
Drink the cleanse drink, eat the dog snacks and the fat burning pills.

Oh, and on your cleanse days, you can have one apple, one hard boiled egg if you're hungry and you can also have a couple stalks of celerty and a few carrot sticks. And if you want to invest in it, you can also have two isagenix dark chocolates that are pretty big and tasty.

It's $125 bucks plus shipping and if you're interested I can order it through my mom.

There. The end.

You'll have to e-mail me:
hollye@comcast.net

Sunny said...

Congrats on losing the weight! I wish I had your motivation. I just keep gaining and gaining... yeah, wrong direction, baby weight. Thanks for playing.

Oh, and condolences that you don't have hammer toe. (LOL)

Nortorious said...

Excuse me, but by cleanse, do you mean that you pooped out all your fat? I want real details.

Sarah said...

I think you look amazing! But 10 lbs? I wish thats all i had to lose (after the baby i mean). But you go girl!

Melissa said...

I keep hearing about these cleanses.

queenieweenie said...

Cleanses...yuck. Totally need to do one...totally can't bring myself to. Good for you!

Heidi Rogers said...

Good job on the cleanse, that is a hard thing to do. fasting is sooo hard for me to do. I really like your flower on your toe nail, it is very cute! I wish you luck on finding out what is wrong with your poor toes?

Linsey said...

that cleanse scares me, but if it works/worked, more power to you

your toes are cute - sometimes we have to suffer for fashion - good luck with a diagnosis

Jessica said...

As I started out this pregnancy 20 lbs overweight and have gained hideous amounts since then, I need to discuss Isagenix with you. Email me: jessicaromney@hotmail.com

D-dawg said...

I tried Isagenix once and almost died - it was sick. I am proud of you. I have toe issues too. I hope yours is better- your pedi is great!

Rochelleht said...

Holly, I didn't even know you could subscribe to future comments. I've never even heard of such a thing. I'll look at it for Mac, but I doubt it. I'm just glad you were able to comment at all. I've been SOOOO annoyed with my blog lately. So many people can't comment and after a while, I guess they're going to stop trying. ;-) Thanks for stopping by, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did that wretched ' cleanse '!! I am in total awe of you.......you are a super hero!
Okay, I have looked at your toe picture and I can't see what the problem is. I can tell you however that our family ALL have serious foot issues as we age! NOOOOooo!
It is true, we are doomed to ugly shoes, sore feet and veins! ( and John thinks he's not a foot person now???) haha
love ya girl, and am very proud of you! And, just for the record, I love your strippy blue and green shirt!
love Marsha ox