Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day of School, etc.

Yeah. I know it's been a while. I'm sorry that I've been neglecting you and all your posts. I had 389 posts in my reader. I marked them all as read. It was a hard button to push, but I knew I had to do it! Don't take offense. I'll try to catch up now that I'm back to zero, m'kay?

I read this book and loved it more than the other two:

I read this book and rank it as one of my favorites of all time:

I plan on reading this book next. I hope I like it.

Levi's first day of First grade was on Monday. (K. I know I'm behind. Get used to it. I have other pictures from the past to post too.) They did three early days in a row (I guess to get the kids acclimated? Who knows.) On Thursday (which would be the first FULL day), it was pizza day at school, three recesses and Levi was going to a friend's house to play after school. Well, on Wednesday Levi got sick and was throwing up. I felt so bad for him. He woke up and the first thing he asked me was if he could still go to his friend's house.

PRETTY PLEASE??!!!! I'm not sick!!

Um, no.

Last night John took Levi to the WSU football game and Levi was telling everyone what color is throw-up was. Nice.

Here's Levi on his first day:

(My pictures are fuzzy because I've been using my phone. My camera is broken, but is being repaired. I wonder if I'll get it back by the end of the year. Still, once again you have to admit that my camera phone is pretty dang good.)


Him saying goodbye to me!

Sitting in his classroom:

I think the person that misses him the very most during the day is Faith. Yesterday she was so happy to have Levi home. She kept wanting to kiss him and accumulate his throw up germs. I wonder if I'll be doing another throw up post soon. Keep checking back for it.

Aren't you glad you checked my blog today and found out all this new information??

15 comments:

Annemarie said...

Welcome baaaack! Who cares if the next one is a throw up post...just keep the posts coming.
Cute kingergartner! Your camera phone rocks!

Jennie said...

Fun first day pics. I LOVE Jane Eyre. My all time favorite classic. I loved the last part of Breaking Dawn. I haven't read the other. Sam said a first grader threw up on his pizza at school. Yum!

Paige said...

Yes, i'm glad I checked b/c it's much better than Faith's bloody face! Breaking Dawn needed a big fight scene at the end. I want limbs thrown around.

Vickie said...

Yes, I'm very glad I checked your blog today! I love both Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. JE is one of my favorites and you have to see the movie when you're done reading the book. (Watch the one with Ruth Wilson as Jane Eyre. It's the most recent made.)

Those pics on your camera phone are really good quality. That's awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your camera back a.s.a.p.

The Brann's said...

Aren't you so glad that school has started??? I couldn't be happier!!

Marni said...

I love Jane Eyre! If you haven't, try Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. Another of my fav's is Tess of the D'Urbervilles, very tragic.

Sarah said...

I've missed your funniness. Your posts are always fun to read! I'm excited to be playing bunco, its going to be alot of fun!

Jen said...

Too bad Levi didn't have pictures to show, along with his vivid description, for everyone to see.

I'm sooo impressed that you are reading. My reading consists of blogs and Cody's homework. Pathetic.

Jill said...

Welcome back! Missed ya...
I have a TON of books to read. Yikes. I better quit blogging.
Cute pix, as always. Enjoy your days!!!!!!

Amateur Steph said...

Hooray for back to school! Jane Eyre is definitely a must read. I've read it a few times and still like it.

Lisa-Marie said...

hhmmmm. Where did you possibly get the idea to read Wuthering Heights from??? I wonder if that book is suddenly popular again?

Levi is too cute on his first day. So sorry he got sick. Hope Faith stays well.

Nortorious said...

You will like Wuthering Heights. Read a little about it on sparknotes so you can enjoy it and feel like you're learning. The book is divided into two sections, the first half follows one Catherine, the second follows the other Catherine.

Jessica said...

Jane Eyre is one of my favorites of all time...I didn't like Wuthering Heights as much. It's kind of confusing.

Lauren in GA said...

Welcome back, friend!!

Don't feel badly for not posting...I didn't post much, either and I don't want to feel guilty ;)

ohhhhhh, sorry Levi got sick...no fun...He looks so cute in the pictures and YES, your phone takes great pics!

I also think it is so sweet little Faith misses Levi.

Kim said...

I read Breaking Dawn...I have lots of opinions on it...but I loved it just he same.

I can't believe that Levi is such a big boy now!!! Going to school and everything! I hope your days aren't harder without his help. Poor Faith. Super-great camera pics!