Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sextuplets and Twins


Okay. If you haven't seen Jon and Kate plus 8 on the Discovery Health Channel, then you really MUST! A brief review: Jon and Kate Gosselin wanted children and turned to fertility drugs for help. They had twin girls. When they wanted ONE more, they turned to fertility drugs again and got SIX more. So they have a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. On the show it shows Kate's daily routine of taking care of all of the 8 children. She is a complete neat freak and only feeds her kids organic foods. Her children have NEVER NEVER had a McDonald's french fry and she vows that they never will (wha?). She has a routine for everything and puts post-its on little things in the ENTIRE house that she wants done HER WAY. Sometimes they show the kids on the kitchen floor and there is not one crumb. It's seriously astonishing. She makes me feel like a horrible mother. I look at her in awe and wonder how she does it with all those kids.

But... she's a total nag on her husband Jon and sometimes he sort of wanders around looking like a puppy while she's yelling "HELLOOOOO!" at him. But can you blame her? I mean, how on earth would you manage 8 children? She potty trained all 8 of them and did the girls first and then the boys.

On one of the episodes she bared her "after" tummy for the world to see and called it "the jowls of a dog". Some plastic surgeon's wife took pity on her and the surgeon did a tummy tuck and lipo on her for FREE.


So this post is really random and doesn't have a big point except that I can't believe this woman. I go crazy in my own life and can't imagine being able to do it with that many children and still have my house clean, eat organically, go to the dairy farm for meat and stay in control.


How do some women seem to do it all??! Your thoughts please...

26 comments:

chrissy said...

Holy Cow! It makes me want to apologize to my hubby for all the times I've complained. And I thought having THREE kids was hard...

Paige said...

Now I have to see it. Total control freak, she's emasculated her husband, and it's just not possible to have fun in a house that clean. What about her daily naps?

shauna said...

They astound and baffle me at their organization and that they are still together. He needs a back bone, the kids need to eat some fries dipped in dirt and she needs a nap. So do I. Good night!

Jill said...

WOWZA...you would HAVE to be a control freak otherwise that house would crumble with all those kids. That is crazy. If my IUI treatments don't work they want me to go on shots and that is when sextuplets happen. I think it would actually be a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy moly. One at a time is plenty. She is superwoman. Fun post to read about though :)

McMillan Family said...

I'll tell you how they do it they are all medicated. There is no way that you could be that clean with that many little ones. If ther is a way then i have no idea how they do it.

D-dawg said...

I've seen this show once or twice. When people are as "control freakish" as she is, things are not always great. There will be a breakdown at some point. She can't control everything and needs to pick what is really important. Her family is so cute though I think.

Vickie said...

Holy. Freaking. Cow. Not one french fry? I struggle to keep my sanity with ONE child. I feel like giving her a high-5, but it also seems like it'd probably make her life easier if she relaxed a bit. But to each her own, right?

Anonymous said...

I seriously cannot imagine it.....cannot imagine! I think I would really not enjoy my life if I had that many kids....especially all the same ages. I would have to hire a couple of full time nannys to help out. I'm just not that organized...and I like internet and sleep too much,

SMiLeD said...

I can't even imagine, I can barely keep up with the twins, let alone sextuplets. Although I do think that all women can do amazing things when needed. When I am feeling overwhelmed I just think of her and it makes me feel better!

Yeah, our bg seems to have fizzled, I know I don't have much time to post anymore, but maybe in a few months when things settle down for everyone we can get it going again.

Christie said...

I LOVE that show, but might start hating her for the free plastic surgery she's gotten. I missed that episode. Lucky control freak.

Anonymous said...

Wow -- That is really amazing. Normally I am against plastic surgery. I am rude and I never give people as much credit if they have had plastic surgery, but I think after sextuplets it is a MUST!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I Love that show. She is a little neurotic but I guess you have to be to raise all those children. I think she is great and I love him. But she does treat him like he has no place in that house. She rules the roost there is no doubt about it. She is very organized and a neat freak her house always seems to be impeccable and she very rarely defrays from her schedule. I was watching it one night and my 13 year old son came in and when I explained that she had twins and then the six babies his reaction was “No Way you can’t have six babies at one time she would be huge” then he saw them all and I explained that she did have all six at one time and it was possible. He watched in amazement. They are a wonderful family. And you can tell that he loves her a lot. I hope that their marriage can survive the raising of all 8 children and her neurotic behavior.

Sunny said...

DH and I have watched that show a couple of times recently... he said it stresses him out. But he does love the husband and his futile attempts to get his wife to relax. I don't blame her for being tightly wound, whatever it takes to survive 8 babies. :) I restarted our buddy group, come find me!

Becky said...

I have to say that I watched that show one day just to pass some time, but I was totally engrossed at how she managed things. I am amazed that she still has some sanity. Those kids are dang cute though and I love stories about people that want babie so badly getting them. :)

Jessica said...

You know what I say? I say she got her kids and her life for a reason. You got your kids and your life for a reason. HF doesn't want you (or me) to be that kind of mom, because our kids wouldn't do well with that kind of mom...and maybe hers will. Or maybe she's giving up a lot of good stuff, that you don't. So there.

Celia Fae said...

I miss you too. I can't wait until the Crazy, I mean Christmas season is over and life can be normal again.

It is kind of fun though.

After I read this post I had to add that show to my DVR so I could check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Momma Ballou said...

All I can say is "Ditto" to what pineapple princess said! The only thing she left out was the daily trips to the gas station for a diet Dr.Pepper fill up.

Rochelleht said...

I just can't stop looking at all the cute Hanna Andersson clothes.

Kim said...

I love this show, though I've only watched it a handful of times. The episode with her going to the grocery store to pick out all of the super-heathly food was particularly jaw-dropping. CARTS-FULL of food - all good for them...how does she do that?? I was happy for her that she got the free tummy-tuck, what a good reward for giving birth to 8 children!

Anonymous said...

I don't have time to watch this show. I think he should just punch his wife in the face. That should shut her up.

Jake said...

I have not watched this show. I don't know if I can handle it.

I am proud of them for going after their dream and building a family. It was hard for me to get my kids here too...I walked that tough road through adoption and IVF and it was worth it.

But one set of twins and some hyper older sibs are enough for me to handle! Hats off to them...

Ellie said...

She sounds like a freak. Will record.

Linsey said...

Yowzah! Can't wait to get back to the States so I can watch too!

Paige said...

I need to see the episode about her tummy. And she mops the floors 3 times a day, that's why they are clean.

Anonymous said...

holy goshtahman. myname isnt karlexadifor nothin!!! i had 30 kids at one time. wow and then.. i hD 100 more!!!!!! my mom is in college at the moment. i allow NO pictures of me.my dog is the most SELFISH thing. my dog won the ugliest dog competition and ppl compare the dog to me!!!! can u believe that!! i like bananas!!!! Billabong is my passion! i also enjoy algebra87 and hairy backs...that's why i married jarlentalo!he asks me to shave his hairy back... but i love it sooo much that i refuse to .. and then sometimes i have 2 shave it and then i save it in a big jar.. im up to jar number 9387 i enjoy bath tubs, santas belly, fat mice, karokie from bathoven.i just absolutely love to eat ice cream...especially when i let my dog lick the spoon with me. he just LOVES it!!!! ok well...i have to go shave my toe knuckles. toodaloo.for NOW...

Sarah-Kate said...

Jon and Kate plus 8 is on TLC, not the Discovery Channel