I realize that sometimes I post way more about Faith than Levi, but that's only because babies have more milestones than 5 year olds. Ya know, more "firsts". Faith just started sitting up. It's really quite something and as soon as I get a picture of it, I'll post it. Really. I don't know how I got so lucky to get such a great baby. I tell myself that I deserve it though because Levi was the MOST colicky baby on the planet. He was colicky for the first 16 weeks of his life and then he was mostly great if a bit clingy which he still can be. I have to say, however, that Levi is a GREAT kid. He hardly gives me any problems. My fear is that the roles will be switched and Faith will be a horrible kid since she's such a great baby. Please, oh please.... let her stay as sweet and as adorable as she is now. The baby phase just doesn't last long enough. It's hard to have a baby. It's tiresome and it's demanding, but it is so rewarding. I'm trying to appreciate every moment to its fullest and pray that I'm lucky enough to have another baby. I've been wanting Faith to sit up for a while now just so that I can get some more stuff done while she plays happily on the floor with some toys. But, now that the moment is here, I want to rewind and start over to the day I brought her home from the hospital (minus all the sore bum and extra weight, of course).
Here is Faith defeating the odds. She can stay in this position FOREVER. Since the day I brought her home from the hospital, she has maintained this position. She's going to have some seriously strong abs one day. Celia, I posted this special bath pic just for you.
Here is Faith reacting to her first bite of cereal. This was taken a couple weeks ago and now she just loves it. She opens wide and lurches forward to eat it off the spoon. One other things she loves to do is suck on my pop can. She gets really excited when I open a can of pop for myself. I let her suck on the cold sides. I think she likes it on her gums.
Faith's first bite of cereal. MMM MMM GOOD!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


20 comments:
Oh wow! She really is going to have some strong abs. I know I could never sit in that position. She is so cute Holly. I hope she'll be as good of a kid as she is a baby. Sweet pictures.
Best to wean her off the pop can. Alice thinks Diet Pepsi is her favorite drink. Horrible.
Thanks for the baby bath picture. I love it. And I love reading your ruminations on having a baby. I feel the same way. It is so fleeting, the sweet babyness!
We'll continue this on your blog, I always feel dumb if I fill up my comments myself. Don't ask me why...
Anyway, Kennewick is about 2.5 hours away. Kind of far, but let me know and we'll work something out. In preparation, you should start reading Ilene's and Penny's blogs (on my links) and we can have a conference. (Not to dissuade you from a Eastern Washington visit, but I will also be in S. Jordan or Spanish Fork in the Spring and Summer. We'll meet.)
YAY! You're going to be HERE?! I can't wait!!! I just know I'll love you.
She's adorable!!! I love the first cereal picture. What, did you squirt a little lemon juice in there or something???
;)
I know I sound like an old lady...but treasure these precious baby moments! My kids have grown up like a whirlwind. I find myself treating the twins like helpless babies because they are growing up too fast.
I miss that sweet baby stage. I wouldn't want to see my kids in the bath now. Ewww. You are smart to enjoy it now while you're in it. I'm afraid I spent too much of that time wishing they were bigger. She really is adorable.
Oh she is precious! She will of course be a sweet girl all her life. Don't worry.
I love the buggy eyes in the first shot. So cute.
Are you and Jessica planning a meeting without me!!?? How rude. We totally need to have a blog party with Heidi and Kamie and anyone else that want's, when I come out in Jan!! TOO FUN.
Oh, your post was adorable. Faith is so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to play with her!!
There's pretty much nothing cuter than a five month old. Love it, you are so lucky to have each other. I'd love to get in that position just once!
I can't believe how big she's getting. She's adorable.!!! Sorry lunch plans haven't worked out this week. The week ended up being a little busier than I expect.
She is super cute. I love the milestones. They are so much fun. She will stay sweet, but may have some mood swings. That is what we have found with Bailey. ;)
Holly - your little one is such a cutie!
And I just caught up on your blog as I have been away from the computer lately, which has been kind of nice. Anyway, I loved your ten things to be grateful for and I have to join you in being grateful for w.w.!! I joined a year ago, last week. I have had mild success, losing 27.4 lbs, but I still have a ways to go. Glad to know there's a fellow weight watcher out there! :)
I LOVE the food face!!! That is tooo funny! Much better than Jake's first food pic which I'll have to email to you. Thanks again for sharing!
What cute pics! I love the one of her sit-ups in the tub--she will have a seriousl strong core and be ready for pilates soon. Such a cutie pie!
Hope your cough has gotten better! It's no fun to be sick--especially a sick mom.
She will ALWAYS be adorable, Holly, you can just tell. :) But I'm sure it's bittersweet to watch her hit those milestones! Can't wait to see pics of her sitting up. She just oozes sweetness.
Faith's hair is coming in soooo cute. Babies are the best. I sold some of Porter's nice toys to Re-Wear,(a store kind of like kid to kid) and even though I was glad to get rid of them, for a minute I was sad, him being my last baby. But I decided to buy myslef something nice with the money as a reward for having all boys and no sweet daughters. What will I do with $22.00? I know, the possibilities are endless.......
Faith is so cute and all her hair makes her look so fuzzy and soft, especially in a striped pink and white outfit!
This is off the subject, but every time I see that a post has been deleted, I automatically assume that someone has written something really off-base and inappropriate! Ha, Ha It is probably because I work in a court and associate with those who live sordid lives. lol So...what does it all mean. Really...
Laura
Nice work keeping up on the WW - the waffles are way worth it! I hope we get to see you in December when we come for Christmas! We will be there from Dec 22 - Jan 4th. See you then hopefully.
Post a Comment