Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Got Any Bloats?


What do you do when your kindergartner gets obsessed with playing Go Fish over and over? Do you indulge once a day? Because let me just tell you that I can't do it anymore. I can't play with a real "love" any longer. My back hurts from sitting on the floor (no, Levi will not let us sit on the couch and play) And yet it's so much better than the alternative game we have, "Monopoly Junior". That game could go on and on and on. If you don't have it, don't buy it unless you have older kids that will all play it together and you don't have to be involved.


It's horrible that I don't want to play games, isn't it? My sister said we just needs some new ones. But even then, I can't play them ALL DAY long. Levi probably asked me to play Go Fish with him 20 times today. You think I'm kidding, don't you? Exaggerating, maybe? I'm NOT. We finally gave it when John came home from work.


What are your game rules for your game-hungry child?


(note: Please notice the red and green words. I'm still excited for Christmas. It's COMING!!!)

14 comments:

Lorena said...

Yeah, you need to invest in some playing cards and teach him solitare.

OK, I guess I am not the greatest responder as my kids were born with built-in playmates.

Holly said...

I'll let you in on a little secret, I am not big on games either--certainly not the same one 20 times. It's okay. Maybe set a timer for say, 15-20 minutes and play Go Fish and then stop when it rings? Does he like any other games? I'm with ya on not even starting Monopoly! :)

Celia Fae said...

Computer games, baby. Of course, then you'll have to cut down on blogging! My kids favorites are starfall and pbs online.

Games are for grandmas to play with grandkids.

The Brann's said...

I totally feel the same way about games. Although I love to do things with my kids I HATE playing games. Canyon's so into Batman. When I was shopping for his b-day I saw a board game that he absolutely would have loved. Of course I placed it in my cart...walked around a little longer and then it dawned on me that if I got that game I would have had to play it with him. So like any good mom....i put it back. Horrible huh???

Vickie said...

My little girl isn't old enough to ask me to play games with her, so I don't have any "rules" yet but I know what you mean about getting tired of playing with toys with her all day and all evening. Keeping kids entertained is a lot more challenging than it sounds!

Paige said...

Holly, I love your new comment picture and adorable background! Games are boring. I get them started and then quietly sneak away.

For his birthday my kids got my dad a new game for him to play with them. It's called Zingo and it lives at his house. Love it.

Webkinz are a good computer thing. Starfall is educational. Nick Jr is also decent.

D-dawg said...

I might sound mean but I just tell my kids no. I say I'll play one time and then I have to do my jobs. I used to feel bad saying no but I guess I've gotten used to it ! I just can't sit on the floor and play too long, I get claustrophobic!

shauna said...

Play hide and seek and then hide next to your keyboard! When he catches on to that, get him a dog and teach it how to play.

I'm sure the song "Hush little baby don't say a word, Daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird" was created by a mother looking for stuff to do with her little kid. Study the song and make your hubby get him each thing. Tell us how it works so we know if we should do it with ours!

Jessica said...

I do the same as Denae...and it's not mean. I am not here for entertainment. That's why they have siblings (in a few years) and other 3 year olds.

Jill said...

Okay people, it's not fair when you only have one child and have to entertain them all day!!!!!!! Holly, I too deal with that. Levi is practically an only child right now...I wish he and Tanner could get together. I hate playing trucks and pirates all day. It's so lame...but I don't want to ignore my child either!!!!!!

Paige said...

I admit I play Monopoly Jr. daily, but once all the ticket booths are sold and on the board, it's over and you win! And if someone lands on a ticket booth, they have to buy it, even if they are out of money. It's called a mortgage, baby. Just like life. Tell Levi you found out the new rules on the computer!

Anonymous said...

I hate kids games. It's total torture. I really feel for you.

momma ballou said...

I just got a game down for Porter that we bought for Conner 2 years ago and realized we had never once played it. All of the pieces were still hooked together. If someone says they love playing with their kids all day THEY'RE LYING!!!!! I also like the good web sites- starfall, nickjr, playhousedisney and nogginjr. Or you can always bring him over here to entertain Porter.

Anonymous said...

I HATE that game with a passion. When my kids drag it out for games night after FHE, I try and bribe them into another game.
GO FISH, can go&^$@@%^%$ (hehe)
Love MarshA