Sunday, October 7, 2007

General Conference & Family

I just finished watching general conference for my church and it was so enlightening. I just love it when conference time rolls around. It IS hard, however, to listen when Levi seriously CANNOT be quiet. Even when he's seriously trying to be quiet, he's still not quiet. Even his whispers are loud. Nevertheless, it was nice to sit down in my jammies and curl up with John and watch as much as I could. The Relief Society president spoke on being a good homemaker and preparing for the future of our children. Wow. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all the responsibilities of a mother. And... of course her talk happens when my house is an absolute disaster and unorganized mess. Okay, it's not that bad but still... It could definitely use some work. I love it when the prophet speaks. I love how he has a great sense of humor too. I love my family so so much. I'm so grateful for all they do.
Oh, I forgot to mention: Levi said the funniest thing! He saw the tabernacle choir singing and said, "The girls are on the blue team (because they were wearing blue dresses) and the boys are on the black team (because they were in black suits)." TOO FUNNY!!!


On another note, just to prove that I have the greatest husband and son in the world, here they are doing the dishes together. Every woman's DREAM! Okay... so our dishwasher is totally broken and has been for more than a week. I haven't minded too much though because John helps me more now that it's broken than he did before. Not that I'm saying I don't want it fixed though. Because... I DO.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Cute picture! You've trained them well. Wasn't conference amazing!!! Wow, there were some great talks. I really enjoyed it and was able to listen to almost all of it. Tanner did pretty good entertaining himself so we could listen. I can't wait for the Ensign though. It's the best, lounging in PJ's and listening to our adorable prophet!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. Faith is just so CUTE! She is all girl!

Laura

Marni said...

Haven't checked for a while - loved your conference comment. I was rereading Sister Beck's talk the other day and Jamie asked which one I was reading. "The guilt trip." :) Good reminder that we all have things to work on, eh?

Hugs!
Marni