I love holidays because it means we get to spend time together as a family. I never get sick of hanging out with John. He is so much fun. When he's home, I just want to hang out, talk, and get a movie or something. This weekend was no exception. One of the things we did this weekend was eat out at Javiers. It is seriously my favorite restaurant, I swear. When I was pregnant, we went there like once a week because I craved it so much. You'd think I'd be sick of it by now, but I'm not. On Friday night, we went to the ward campout which sounded a lot more fun than it actually was. We didn't actually camp, but we went to the dinner. It was about an hour drive and Faith was really fussy from having her shots the day before. When we got there, she had a huge blowout and Levi had fallen asleep in the car. When he woke up, he was SOOO HORRIBLE!! He was whiny and crying and said he wanted to "snuggle". ARRRGHH! What made it worse was that the entire ward kept coming up to us and noticing Levi in a bad mood and the baby screaming bloody murder. This one well-meaning lady in our ward asked me if she could help me. At the time Levi was bawling at my leg and the baby was in my arms wailing. I totally snapped at her and said, "no. I'm fine!" She said, "Are you sure?" "YES!!! Thank-you though!" It types a lot nicer than it actually was. John thought I was pretty mean. Anyway, this story is making it sound like we had a bad weekend, but we didn't. Once Levi sort of woke up, my good friend Stephanie took him with her boys to the creek and he had a blast. Then the baby finally went to sleep too and all was well. It ended up being semi-fun... ya know... considering the bawling children, fly infested hamburgers, annoying comments and all.
We also went to Cabelas this weekend and that is always a ton of fun. Levi loves to look at the fish. You could stay there all day looking around, I swear. We only had an hour before it closed so we'll have to go back. After that we went and visited John's favorite Uncle Fred who hadn't seen the baby yet. We always have fun visiting with them... even if Uncle Fred does tease me about all of John's old girlfriends. It's okay because I know I'm his one and only!!
And finally yesterday we got to hang out with John's family and go swimming. Levi had a blast and it was a lot of fun chatting with everyone. Sadly, I only captured pics of the swimming event. I'm sure you can picture the rest in your head.


2 comments:
You are so funny...sounds like a semi-okay fun weekend!! lol. That is really stressful when the kids are horrible. Doesn't make anything fun. Glad you could at least all be together! Enjoy your week!
Holly,
You are so funny! Those kinds of incidents (where I snap at people because of my stress) are horrible. You'll just have to give her an extra big smile on Sunday!!!! I am so glad you guys had a good weekend with NO SICKNESS! Love, Laura
Post a Comment