
Yesterday (June 16th) Faith had her 3rd birthday.
Every time my kids have a birthday, I feel a little shocked and sad. Last night when I tucked Faith in to bed, I begged her to just stay three years old forever. She has been so much fun these last three years. I don't want her to grow up!!

My sister hosted the family June birthday party a couple weeks ago and both my kids had so much fun! See that little orange/yellow bubble toy pictured below? Faith had so much fun playing with it until...

She got it stuck in her hair. TWICE. I tried not to laugh, but... wouldn't YOU?

I gotta give John props for a second. He not only picked up this ice cream cake from DQ (My FAVORITE) ...

He also single-handedly picked out Faith's birthday presents so I didn't have to leave and go all over town and do it. He's my hero.
Here's Faith opening up her card and money from Grandma and Grandpa R.

The ULTIMATE princess kit. Flat iron, blow dryer, lipstick, lipgloss, curlers brush.
(see what I mean? John's the bomb.)

And none of the above would be complete without princess shoes to go with it. Faith has been asking for princess shoes FOREVER (and every other girl item she sees on a TV commercial). She already has a couple pair of princess shoes, but she clacks around on the tile so much (very noisily, I might add) that some of them are broken. I worry about her shoe obsession. It could be dangerous in her teens.

Getting ready to blow out the candles...

And 'Thar she blows!'

Faith is such a fun girl to have around. I have big plans for she and I as she gets bigger and grows up into teenager/adulthood (but does she have to?) I really picture us having a lot of fun together. We already do. She's giggly and sweet. And so so smart.

A funny story that happened recently with Faith:
Faith loves to pretend she's talking on the phone. And she's really good at it. She's so believable in her dialogue, that I have to remember that there's no one on the other end.
The other day she was 'talking' to one of our babysitters, Savannah. Here's the convo:
"Oh, Hi Savannah. I was wondering if you could come and visit me today. Uh huh. Yeah. Oh, really? You can't come over? Why? *gasp*! Because you're allergic to me??!!!"
She. Is. Hilarious.

Dear Faith,
You are my FAVORITE curly-haired, dimpled little girl in the whole ENTIRE world. You've got so much spunk and personality. You have easily grasped on to concepts your entire life; even when you were a teeny baby. It's so fun to communicate with you because you just... 'get it'. You light up our home with your funny personality and your cute attitude and hip shimmy. You love your dad, that is a certainty. It's so much fun to see the two of you interact and see how you've got him wrapped around your little finger. You're a beauty inside and out and I can't wait to see the beautiful woman you're going to turn out to be. You are a special one and you've got so many gifts that will be so amazing to see develop. I love you, 'littles'!!
Love,
Mom ♥


15 comments:
Sweet blog, Holly. I guess we picked the right picture for our card. :-) I wish my girls were little again. There are a few things I would do differently. To late for me, lucky you. Love to all. WSM
I can't believe that little sweetie-pie is three already! Happy Birthday Faith!!
She is so beautiful!! She looks so much like you! I love that she is such a girly girl. She would love playing with my girls. Happy Birthday Faith!!
She is absolutely adorable! Honestly, that hair...can you send some "curl" our way? It is so so cute. Glad she had such a great birthday!
Can she get any cuter? No. Her curls remind me of Macey's and I love them Happy B-day Faith!
...and she looks just.like.her.mom!
What a cute birthday girl!
I can't believe she's three! What a darling girl. Happy birthday!
Awwwww, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to your darling little Faith!! She is so, so beautiful. I love that hair and her adorable little face.
Whoa. John did AWESOME! I am completely and totally impressed.
I loved hearing all about her. That little phone conversation was hilarious.
I love that she loves Princess shoes and that she clacks around in them...sorry about the cracks in the tile, though...but it is worth it for fantastic footwear, right ;)
love her pose in the first pic. She's so funny. AND, are the new shoes anti-clacking? I hope so, for your own sanity! And YES, I laughed out loud at the pathetic look on her face after getting her hair wound up. Such a drama queen!
Faith is the cutest little thing ever! I agree that John did an awesome job on the cake and presents! Happy Birthday, Faith!
When did she get so big? Happy Birthday Faith!!
Happy Birthday Faith! I love the princess kit with the flat iron. Where did you find that? She is adorable!
THREE?!?! Oh my goodness! Happy belated birthday to Faith. She is gorgeous and so funny, just like her mama.
I'm getting all nostalgic about those days of TTCing on tww with you, Mary, and T. Must have been like 4 years ago, if Faith is already 3! What I wouldn't give for us to all meet up somewhere for a girls weekend. In the meantime, I'll continue to dream...
She's such a cutie, I so love her curly hair! Can't believe she's three.....they all get so big, so fast!!!
Cutest pictures ever! I love the one of her blowing out her candles, her eye lashes are to die for! Happy Birthday Faith!!! Or as Layne used to say "Faif"
Post a Comment