Jake's family:
The Jakey mom has really bad hair, but not nearly as bad as the Jakey sister-in-law who wore the ugly white flower thing.
The Jakey mom's blue dress and the sister-in-law blue matchy dress? Just when I thought the cheese couldn't get worse, there's matching.
Did the Jakey mom remind of you of Glenn Close in 'Fatal Attraction'? That's ironic, right?
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING was more cornball than this scene:

Family pool time? IN clothes? With a group hug? No. Seriously?
Did any of you get the sense that Jake's dad was going to come after him for not picking Tenley? I think Jake's dad may have finally found his ideal woman in her. What, with all that chin quivering and all.
I really enjoyed the fact that at first it seemed like the Jakey family was going to despise Vienna like the rest of us. But with the cameras there and the whole, what, HOUR they got to spend with her, they decided she had redeemed herself and she was worthy of Jake's love. (Eyes Rolling.)
To Jake's mom: It's 'Sisters-in-law' NOT 'Sister-in-laws'.
Jakes one on one time with Vienna:
Jake and Vienna deserve each other after that disgusting mud scene we had to watch.
Writing on Jake's muddy chest. Ew.
Vienna's blurred out (in the same color of her bikini bottoms) butt cheeks for our viewing pleasure.
Jake saying, "Alarmingly hot"
Vienna's oh so very bad roots
The phrase "Falling in love so deeply" used over and over again.
The Tenley one on one time:
Jake using the word 'positivity'. It is a real word, but when he uses it, it sounds made up.
Jake's family clearly liked Tenley more. But Jake must have taken his parents in the back room and told them they better shape up because he WAS going to pick Vienna. That's when Jake's mom decided she suddenly liked Vienna. She had to. For TV purposes.
The fact that he gave his parents a warning about Vienna before they met her tells me he already knew that they were going to love Tenley more since they met her first and she's CLEARLY the better choice. He was put on the defense and starts listing things about Vienna that will actually annoy him in the long run but for now he just finds them 'endearing'.
When Jake and Tenley were on the boat and Jake was acting all distant, I think he knew that Vienna was going to be his choice by then and he didn't want to waste any time with Tenley anymore. He actually had to fake it with her. It was sooooooo obvious. Also, when he said he was 'just tired' when Tenley asked what was wrong, she should have taken that as a sign that he wasn't into her and bolted right then.
On a bright note, Tenley clearly had the better place to stay. I loved her cute little villa.
The final rose:
Ya know how Jake was saying how he didn't know who he was going to choose? He lies like a dog. I didn't buy it for a second. I think that animal magnetism kept calling him back to Vienna (though it made the rest of us barf in our mouths) and he just couldn't get enough of her.
Did you sort of wonder why Vienna didn't do her makeup like she did for the final rose ceremony ALL the time? Her use of eyeshadow is just BAD. She will always look like a horse, that's a fact, but with better eye makeup at least she could look like a semi-attractive horse. No?

Does Vienna wear any other color than teal? Teal and hot pink, teal and hot pink, but mostly just teal. I counted the hideous TEAL ruffle bikini in the end and they showed it 5 times just in clips. That thing needs to be burned.
I was bummed that Tenley wanted to know why she wasn't picked so badly. I get it. It's a natural reaction when you feel like you have a connection with someone, but I wanted her to get out of there quick and not carry on so much. Also, Jake made it last way too long with her. He made it worse. He makes EVERYTHING worse.

Jake saying 'Amazing Woman' all the time makes me cringe to the MAX. Someone hand that guy a thesaurus!
After the Final Rose:
Once again, I was dissapointed with Tenley. Why on EARTH would she want to be Jake's 'friend'?
Tenley is classy. Everything she did including her exit was classy. Aren't you so relieved she doesn't have to be with a butt like Jake for the rest of her life? I'd say she dodged a huge bullet.
Jake answered all of Tenley's questions just really REALLY badly. And then later on in the show he goes on to say what a great communicator he's become. Wha?!
The biggest news of the evening:
Vienna totally had a nose job, some possible facial reconstruction of some sort and some definite weight loss. If you're an expert in plastic surgery and can tell exactly what sort of work she's had done, I would LOVE to know.
Vienna tried really hard to hide her white-trash image, but it was still there. I didn't buy the sweet, sweet artificial I'm-really-a-nice-girl-crap for one second.
And the actual singing of 'On the Wings of Love'?!! So corny I almost just had to like it. Is this the beginning of a new trend? A theme song for every season of The Bachelor?
Not a huge surprise that Ali is the new Bachelorette. After she apologized for her mean Vienna comments on TV last week, it was pretty obvious that was the next move. I can't wait to watch!
For all you non-bachelor watchers out there, I apologize that this has been so dominant on my blog as of late. I promise to put more quality stuff on soon. I'm sick of my recaps too. Thanks for hanging in there.
For the rest of you, please share your thoughts on last night's 3 hour drama. And don't forget to include your opinions about Vienna's plastic surgery.
....a horse is a horse, of course, of course... ♪♫♪


24 comments:
a nose job....we were trying to figure out what the difference was. I am going to have to go back and take another look. Excellent post by the way...as usual!
I really want to see a picture of her nose job. I think Vienna needs to get a good job to pay for her lifetime of plastic surgery maintenance!!!! Save your money, girlfriend! Vienna is a work in progress, my friends -- and it is not pretty!
I actually started to watch the show last night, but hearing the mommy say "sister in laws" gave me a headache. When I find myself yelling at a woman I don't know anything about because of her bad use of the language, well, I turned it off. Besides, you are far more entertaining to read after each episode. I have found that I enjoy the Batchelor when I come here each week! Thanks for being there for me!
When the show came on, I turned to DH and said, "I wish I could watch this with Holly!" Which now that I think about it was kinda mean, implying that I didn't want to watch it with him, but I guess he knew what I meant because he didn't seem to take offense.
As always, I totally agree with your recap. I especially had to laugh when you mentioned "positivity" -- because I had the EXACT SAME THOUGHT when he said it! "Is that a real word? ... Well, I think it is. But it sounded fake just now." lol And he MUST have told his family he was going to pick Vienna, that's why they suddenly liked her. No doubt.
It was very obvious throughout the show that he was going to end up with Vienna. (I asked DH at the beginning who Jake was going to pick and he said Gia. Clearly this is why I wish I could have watched it with you.) I too was annoyed that Tenley couldn't understand why she didn't win. HE WANTS TO BONE VIENNA BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO BONE YOU. Sorry for being so vulgar on your blog, but let's be honest here. And then move on. Quickly.
And yeah, she wants to be friends with him? That won't be awkward or degrading.
Jake and his horse do seem to be in love, I'll give them that much. Even if the sight of them together last night made me want to throw up. We'll see how they do in the real world!
I have been waiting for this post...thank you!!!
You absolutely KILL me.
I was vomiting through the entire three hours. Yes, I would rather puke than turn it off. Sad, I know.
Vienna totally creeps me out. She is just yucky.
I puked again when Jake said "Vienna is my baby." Sick.
And when he talked about how he's never flet this much "heat" in a relationship...I wonder why.
I think he should've just offered Tenley a boob job. Then maybe the "spark" would have been there.
I used to like Ali, now I think she's just boring. Will that stop me from watching in May? nope.
And thank you for the "sister in laws" comment. That was buggung me.
Oh yea, didn't notice the plastic surgery thing.
I am dying with laughter. I only watched that one measley episode but your posts have been utterly fabulous.
I can't believe she won.
Your closing line made me snort...and correcting Mom to say, "Sisters-in-law" made my week.
I'm sad it's over. I'll miss these posts.
And for those of you wondering about the nose job, compare these pics:
http://www.thebachelorshow.com/article/omg-face-vienna-new-nose-job
ugh. yuck. vienna. yuck. Can't wait to watch Ali though!
I thought Vienna must have had a rhinoplasty as well. I really don't understand the Jake that we know from the show, he seems to be different people at times.
I am happy for Vienna and Jake and really do wish them the best. He will, however, have to learn how to deal with her issues relating to female relationships- that is not going away without some serious introspection on her part.
Thanks for the blog posts Holly! I love reading it and have some ladies to discuss this show with (I don't know anyone else who watches this show).
I don't watch the show but am always entertained by your posts. Thanks for your hilarity.
Jake got what he deserves, right. I it just me or did Vienna's roots look particularly bad this episode? There was like two inches of growth there. Maybe being stuck in St. Lucius didn't leave time for a touch-up. She's definitly not a natural blonde. Maybe she just wanted her dumbness to match her hair color. Take it easy people I was once a blonde in my younger years, a natural one too. I accept my now light brown color, and keep the highlights to a minimum. Veinna should take a lesson- Natural is almost always better. Any-who, poor Tenley. I felt bad for her, but she was making really ugly cry faces at the end. Not attractive, and have some pride, walk away from the bad, stupid, selfish....you pick a word, man.
On a side note, I don't think I can watch Ali in the batchlorette, she bugs. Then again so does Jake. Oh, the trash I watch.
As I am recovering from my 'Bachelor hangover', I now know that Vienna Sausage and Jake the flake were meant to be... The horse, faced ,ho needs a horse's ass to match.
The Sausage definitely had a nose job and maybe a little lypo under the chin or something. I don't know something was definitely 'off'. She was also wearing fake eyelashes at the final rose ceremony. The girl is just bound for ugly-nous in the future!
The pigs rolling in the mud was just plain nasty. So wrong.
I felt bad for Tenley but when she kept asking Jake, "Why?", she seemed a little needy to me. Move on honey!
Oh last night was fun! And sadly the mud scene will be forever burned deep within the hidden chambers of my brain. I can't wait for the next recap series! Thank you for the hilarity!
Holly, I don't watch the show but I LOVE your recaps. Just this morning I was thinking, "oooh. it's Tuesday. Holly should have a good post today!" Seriously, I'm sad the show is over cause I'll miss these. You're hysterical!
Total nose job.
All of these comments are so awesome
Ummmm... does Jake really even HAVE a job as a pilot anymore?!? After the Bacheorette with Jillian to his season of the Bachelor... and now he's on 'Dancing with the Stars'??? Maybe he's stock-piling his 15-minutes of fame money to pay for Vienna's future plastic surgery needs. Or lipo. Or hair extensions. Or tanning salon visits.
I could go on....really.
Thanks for the entertainment Holly - you did a great job! I definitely feel Tenley deserves someone so much better than Jake. It will be interesting to see if Vienna and Jake will last more than a year - only time will tell. But, then again in a year no one will even care to know anything more about them. I think after Dancing with the Stars, Jake will move onto the Biggest Loser!!!!
I must admit that Vienna looked pretty while Jake proposed. I even got a little misty.
I think Jake didn't pick Tenley because of her moustache. Did you notice it in all of her close-ups the morning of the final rose ceremony? I find it amusing that he thinks she is too perfect, the exact same reason Jillian ditched him.
I loved the cheesy singing of the theme song. Awesome.
Now, we should take bets on how long Jake and Vienna will last.
I can't wait to see Jake on DWTS.
I will miss your re-caps. Please promise you will do it again in May.
Ohhh my friend. We are totally in tune - big surprise. That whole hugging in the pool thing was so incredibly awkward. I liked Jake's mom more than you did and I felt bad for her that she had to sound stupid and be disappointed by her son's choice in women. I had to watch and rewatch the after the rose show because I couldn't figure out what was up with Vienna's face (see my blog for my opinions) but way to go finding the pic showing her nose job. And I said this on Lindsey's blog but I am so not excited to see him on DWTS. I need a little Jake-cation. Sick to death of his face and voice. Hope he's out week one.
You pretty much summed it all up! Great recap, and I totally think is was a nose job!
Bless you Holly for saving me from having to watch any episode of this show. I don't think it could have been any funnier than hearing it from your point of view. You are hilarious and I've loved every recap!
Jen's comment cracked me up as well.
We would get along so well! Along with many others, the 'sister-in-laws' thing DROVE ME CRAZY!! Awesome post! I wish I had known about it before the last episode!
I think everyone should stop watching this nasty show. It seems to make everyone a bit catty. Would anyone like a saucer of milk? Meow! Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)
ok, so i found your blog through d-dawg (who i thought was an old college roommate, because truly how many denae's are there. but she's not the "right" one, but she's endearing.) i'm not a bachelor fan, but i could be reading your recaps... love it. passed your blog onto a friend of mine, who happens to watch the bachelor with her husband.
Post a Comment