Thursday, June 4, 2009

Things That Bug

In honor of my 'Favorite Things' posts, I think it's high time to post about some things that are definitely NOT my favorite.

When I opened up a 5 pack box of Pampers wipes yesterday, I got a teense peeved. In fact, I get pretty bugged EACH and EVERY time I open up a box of Pampers wipes. Wanna know why?

Because of THIS:
Photobucket

Can't they just go like this and put one more in there and make it a box of... Oh, I don't know... 6? Why the ODD number? There is PLENTY of room for one more. I mean, after all, aren't we trying to save the planet? LAME.
Photobucket

Taco shells. Sure, they're yummy when you have meat and cheese and sour cream inside, right? But...what if you're ME and you have major issues with chewing noises and you have a certain REALLY CUTE nearly 7 year old child in your house who likes to eat them PLAIN and this certain child also has issues chewing with his mouth closed? It's a recipe for disaster, my friends. This Mommy isn't nice when it comes to eating plain taco shells within a one mile radius. So back off if you have anything remotely close. M'kay?
Photobucket

Now, this next one doesn't come from me. It comes from my sister, Joyce. And I think it's really FUNNY and I tease her A LOT about it:
Let's just say you and your spouse have two hooks that you hang your bath towels on respectively. What if your husband forgot to hang up his towel from the day before and decided to use YOUR towel? He is, afterall, CLEAN. How would this make you feel? If you are me, you wouldn't care. But if you are my sister, Joyce, you would get really angry and start throwing things at your husband for drying his wet behind on your towel. Because, you see, Joyce doesn't even dry her OWN bum on her towel. Because it IS, afterall, a bum. She gets REALLY and I mean REALLY grossed out by towel sharing. Please, please share your opinions on this. Because I, for one, think it's hilarious.
Photobucket
How cornball is this pic of this fake couple fighting over a towel?

I would like to dedicate this next annoyance to Andrea: Lover of Kenny.
I can't stand Kenny Chesney. He sings about flip flops and beaches and having no job too much. And he loves Tim McGraw and wants to be him. Therefore, he is a wannabe.
But do you know the REAL, shallow reason I can't stand Kenny?
Photobucket

It's the same reason that this person bothers me:
Photobucket

See a resemblance to something but can't place it?

I've got your answer:
Photobucket

It's called 'TURTLEMOUTH'. They both have it. And the really shallow person in me doesn't like it. So there ya go.


Now, please... SHARE with me some things that BUG YOU. And please weigh in on the towel thing.

40 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

can i just state for the record that there is no chezmerizing effect on me by mr KC? i like that song. that's it. oh, and i think that he also sings the one i love called "she's from boston". and i love that song because i AM from boston. but i don't LOVE kc.

extraordinarily astute observation on the turtle mouth. i can't understand how you figured that out, but it's pretty good.

there are too many things that bug me to post in a comment. maybe i'll have to make my own post on the subject.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

the pampers thing bugs me to no end. I just don't know WHY they don't put another package in there. It makes no sense.

I hate towel sharing mostly because my husband steps out and dries himself off, where I kinda shake the extra water off first. anyways, his towel is always SOAKING and if he uses mine, then IT is soaking. How am I supposed to dry off with a wet towel?

MotherBeck said...

Turtle Mouth!!! that makes me laugh!!! You know there is a towel out there that I think would be perfect for your sister...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_agHXcORx9eY/SWuul19DPXI/AAAAAAAABgI/sFmkqTrvPfw/s400/funny+towel.jpg

....ahhh turtle mouth...yep it's still funny.

Tristan said...

I don't mind towel sharing at all. The bum thing doesn't bug me at all. What does bug me about it is when I reach my towel expecting it to be nice and dry and its already wet!

The pampers thing totally bugs!!

queenieweenie said...

What bugs me is that I ALWAYS hang up my towel and my husband NEVER does. So, if he hasn't hung his towel back up-he USES MINE and then doesn't hang it up and I'm stuck running from my shower to the laundry room soaking wet and NAKED...luckily, no one is home when this happens but I don't even like to see myself wet and naked-ew.

diane said...

I am not into towel sharing.

I thought you were going to say that Kenny bugs because of his sleeveless t-shirts. I hate those. Seriously hate.

Anonymous said...

Towel sharing is no big deal. YOUR BUTT IS CLEAN POST SHOWER. But dont et me started on toothbrush sharing....EWWW..

And I hate pampers wipes....period. The wipes themselves are so thin, I feel like I am getting poo on my fingers.

Joanne said...

I don't mind towel sharing if it's my husband, but his little brother came to visit for a week last summer and when I went into the bathroom I found my towel just flopped over the rack, not folded nicely like I always leave it. My husband folds his too...so I yelled out to my brother-in-law, "Hey, did you just use my towel?!?!?" He responds, "Yeah, I forgot to take mine in there with me." SICK was all I could respond...just sick. Towel sharing should not go beyond husband and wife...that's just wrong.

Annemarie said...

Sooooo with your sister on the towel thing. Separate hooks and all.
Turtle mouth. You crack me up!

Jeanelle said...

The towel thing would bug me only if I went to grab my towel and it was wet. I have never in my life heard the term "turtlemouth" and I so love it! The thing that bugs me most today is people complaining about the heat (it's been pushing 90 for over a week or so here.) I think people should just shut up and deal because hello, it's summer. Make yourself an ice cream cone, turn on the fan and just enjoy the fact that it's not raining.

Bobbi Phillips said...

Never even thought about the bum thing...too funny. I HATE useing a wet towel or one that doesn't get hung up properly so it smells funny later. UGH!!!

joyce said...

THANK YOU so much for sharing one of my deepest, darkest secrets!!! GRRRR! But, thank you for not sharing too many details concerning my towel fettish... way too embarrassing. And yes, Kenny Chesney... I totally agree with you about the turtlemouth.

Amateur Steph said...

Turtle mouth. Now I will be looking at everyone and imagining a turtle. So funny.
I'm all about towel sharing. Mike, however, is not. As we spend this month in a hotel where they can't seem to understand that I want 4 towels (one for each of us), his towel-sharing practices are being tested.

Sunny said...

Turtlemouth! Muhahahahahah!!!

Ned and Melanie said...

Yeah, most of the time the towel thing wouldn't bug me. But...when my towel gets used as the "step out of the shower floor towel" that really bugs me. The slide is still a popular item at our house...it's the only thing outside to play with. I have to say that a trampoline would always be loved. You can always leave me comments even if they aren't pretty. I can handle the truth.

Paige said...

I would not do a party for age 2. Because it is the only year you can skip. They have no real friends at age 2, but by three they for sure will and will want a party and be aware of it! Just do a family party and take some pictures. Because after this she is going to need a party every year because they care so much about parties and friends and then by age 12 they don't want parties and you want to cry about it!

Paige said...

I love your crunchy issues. They are weird and funny.

Paige said...

My husband and I have no boundaries. Towel sharing OK. Toothbrush sharing OK but prob not a good idea. If there is an opposite of OCD I have it. Oh there is, disgusting slob. That's us.

chrissy said...

I tell my husband I don't like towel sharing because I don't like using a wet towel. While that is 1% true, the other 99% is that it grosses me out to no end. But I'm not going to tell him that. We don't argue about many things, but this use to be a daily fight. You know what I have to do to get him to not use my towel? I fold it nicely, drape it over the rack, then tie it with a ribbon or a hair tie. He'll never use it if it takes effort to get it loose.

And I don't like KC because he reminds me of a 12 year old boy.

Jen said...

Okay. Now you did it! I snorted out loud when I read the title but then I cried, "halleluiah sister!" as I read this post! Another thing that bugs me about the wipes is that they no longer have the slot thing on top. Oh they have the "tear here" thing printed on the package... but now the tape thing has mysteriously disappeared. The jerks! I'm hoping it's just a fluke.

The towel thing cracks me up. I use to not care until I saw that commercial of the sweaty dude wiping off every inch of his body with a towel at the gym. Then some innocent by-stander wipes his face with the towel. I've seen my husband dry off. He likes EVERYTHING to be really dry. I will still use the same towel (sometimes) I just don't use it on my face. I can't believe Joyce doesn't dry her bum. Nothing is worse than trying to hike up undies while having a wet bum.

I just have to tell ya, I CAN'T STAND KC! The dork is incapable of wearing shirts with sleeves. Just ask Steve. He knows how deep my hatred runs for KC.

Turtle mouth! Hahahahahahaha!

Jen said...

Holy crap! I wrote a book. Sorry.

joyce said...

Holly, please clarify a few things to Jen about towel drying... please?

Sunnyworld said...

There is just something totally unsanitary about towel sharing. Yuck! I'm glad it has never been an issue around here!

Jylaire said...

You are hilarious! I'm completely okay with towel sharing. I'll comment later when I've totally contemplated all things that bug me. Sadly, it'll take quite a while...

Christie said...

I think you might need therapy for your chewing noises issue. Please, my friend, get help.

Anonymous said...

Tell Christie that you will never recover from "chewing noises". It is genetic. I know, I live with a Richey. WSM

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm pretty sure I enjoy your hate posts better than your favorite thing posts. You get all riled up and it is FUNNY!

Towel sharing doesn't bother me. As long as I get to use it FIRST!

Mariel said...

I don't like towel sharing either cause Dan does this serious butt floss cause he claims he is drying his butt hair. Then our towels get mixed up and I go dry my freakin face with it. Ugh! I saw these towels for sale that are black on one end and say "Butt" so you always know which side the butt was dried on.

Rebecca McNair said...

Ok Turtle mouth is absolutley hilarious! Love it! And the towl thing, totally doesn't bother me to share a towl with my husband, I love his butt! ( Was that too much info?) :)

McMillan Family said...

I don't mind towel sharing, but you must be clean. I hate hate chewing and slurping noises while eating also. I can't stand it, it makes my skin crawl it makes me want to scream "STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!"

Hollyween said...

Mariel,
You are freakin hilarious!!!!!!! Dan's butt hair??!!! ha ha ha ha ha.

Jessica said...

Totally hilarious enough to make me leave a comment on a Sunday morning.

None of those things bug me except Kenny Chesney and you TOTALLY hit the nail on the head as to why with the turtle mouth.

joyce said...

THANK YOU MARIEL!! you hit the nail on the head!

Marni said...

ROTF, lovin' the comments. Towel swapping doesn't bother me.

Something clicked when I read this of why I like you so much. You're so passionate about basically everything, love it or hate it. :)

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Um, I REFUSE to share towels...not even with my husband. I saw a towel once that had bum written on one end and face on the other. We all use a fresh towel everyday, even my kids...they get it from me...no wonder I hav so much laundry!

Heidi said...

I have to say I do like to have my own towel, but if Seth uses mine it's not a big deal. Seth thinks the one thing that really bugs me is really funny. I get so bugged when people have their windshield wipers going too fast for the amount of rain. Ha ha! I know it sounds lame, but I really can't stand it. I know I'm crazy, but oh well :)

Lauren in GA said...

I loved this. I loved the title and I am bugged by those wipes, too. I laughed about Kenny Chesney wanting to be Tim McGraw

I feel better that I got to visit your blog today and see what you have been up to. Thank you so much for fasting for my Little John. I can't express how much I truly, truly appreciate it.

I love that you have two wonderful Johns in your house. I know it is a good name, now!

Chelsea said...

Ok, this is the perfect place to comment! No I really don't care about towell sharing either, but I'll tell you what does bug me... WET FLOORS!!! K, when I get done showering I grab the towell I already have sitting there handy and dry off then step out of the shower (probably TMI) anyways that way the floor is never wet, my husband on the other hand steps out sees if there is a towell handy then dries off leaving the rug and everywhere else closeby WET. The problem is that I walk in later with socks on then they get all wet which really bugs, then I have to change them which in the end leads to MORE LAUNDRY!!! Ahh, I feel much better now...

Oh yes the whole packaging thing in general really irritates me too!

Rochelleht said...

Towel thing: WEIRD

Turtle mouths: WEIRD

This post: HILARIOUS

That's all I have to say on the subject.

Jenibelle said...

Oh crap...something new to obsess about, butt hair. Never thought of it, now won't be able to get it out of my mind.

I HATE it when people leave things open like drawers and cabinets and copy machines....grrrrr.