Friday, June 12, 2009

Levi's 7th

Today Levi turned 7 years old. SEVEN! Where does the time go, right?
I have no scanner and a lot of my favorite pictures of Levi aren't digital. I finally sent them with John to work and now I have them all digitial. DUH! Why in the heck didn't I think of that before?

So now I will grace you all with too many photos. Levi has one of those faces that hasn't changed much even from the day he was born. His features have become more mature, yes... but they are still the same today as they were seven years ago when the nurses handed him to me at the hospital. When it was time to take him home, I had no clue what I was doing. And I was really stressed out. And Levi wouldn't nurse. And he was a REALLY colicky baby. But he grew out of it and turned into a really great kid who doesn't give me too much trouble.
Photobucket
Levi, One Month Old

Photobucket
Grandpa Jack and Levi, two months old

Photobucket
Levi @ the cabin. 11 Months old

Photobucket
Levi, One Year old

When Levi was between the ages of two and three, he would say to me many times throughout the day, "Mommy! Schnuggle!" He was my little snugglebug. And I really miss those days. Because now? I'm lucky if I get a forward facing hug. It's sad, really. I sort of feel like you send them to kindergarten as babies and they come back out of those doors as kids.

Photobucket
Levi and Grandpa R. 2 years old

Photobucket
Levi & family- 4 Months Old

Levi was an only child for 5 years. I actually challenge ANYONE who says that having one child is a piece of cake. I have found things to be a lot easier with two. I used to continually feel sorry for Levi because I couldn't provide a sibling for him and for our whole family. And he was lonely a lot of the time and thoroughly bored ALL. THE. TIME. I was the entertainment committee. And now that I look back on those days, I'm really grateful that I had him all to myself all those years. I was able to devote everything I had to him and give him everything he needed. He is a very loved little boy. So wonderful, in fact, that I want lots (or at least a couple) more just like him.

Photobucket
Levi, 14 Months old

Photobucket
Levi and Cane- 16 Months Old

Photobucket
Levi at our old house. 16 Months Old

Levi has a gentle ease about him. He's sweet natured and loving. He's confident and he's comfortable in his own skin. And he's sweet with Faith.

Photobucket
Levi and Faith. Levi-5 Years Old

Photobucket
Levi and Faith. Levi- 5 Years Old


Photobucket
Levi, Faith and I. Levi- 5 Years Old

He's just GOOD. I picture Levi being a wonderful father and husband. He's been lucky enough to have a fantastic father who has been a wonderful example to him.

Photobucket
Levi after a fun day at Preschool. 4 Years Old

Photobucket
Levi on his first day of Kindergarten. 5 Years Old

Dear Levi
On this, your special day, I want you to know that you are loved. You were wanted before you came here. I think you're an amazing and wonderful boy. You have a special personality and you draw others near to you. You're patient like your Dad and sensitive like your Mom. With all the imagination and talent you have now, I can't wait to see what you become. I know I'll be proud and I want you to know that Dad and I love you UNCONDITIONALLY. That means that our love never runs out.

In fact,

Our cup runneth over...

Happy Birthday, Levi!!!

Photobucket
Levi- fall of '08. 6 Years Old

21 comments:

Jennie said...

So sweet, Holly. He is a cute boy. I hope he enjoyed his party...Sam did!

Annemarie said...

Happy Birthday to your cute Levi!

I hate to break it to you, but with every year it gets a little harder. Especially when they are as sweet as your guy.

MotherBeck said...

I said it before and I'll say it again, he is seriously one of the cutest kids I've ever seen, my own included! Before you know it he'll be in High school!

Jill said...

Super duper cute, he's a doll Holly!! I want to hear all about this birthday party stunt you pulled.

McMillan Family said...

Happy Birthday Levi!! He is such a handsome boy. I know how you feel where does the time go. I feel like time is just flying by. I wish it would slow down.

diane said...

He does look just the same now as when he was a baby. My Jordan is like that even now at 20. I love that I can still see the little boy in his man face.

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful, adorable, sweet Levi. I loved reading this. I can just see him asking you for a, "Schnuggle!". That is so adorable!

joyce said...

you made me tear up... thanks a lot! How did you turn into such a good writer?? Love the post!

Bridget said...

That last picture is so, so cute. Happy birthday Levi!

Tristan said...

Happy Birthday Levi!! He is such a handsome little guy!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Holly. You are a super Mom. You host a party and blog all in the same day. IMPRESSIVE!
WSM

Ned and Melanie said...

I love all the pictures and you're right, he has a face that is still just as lovable now as it was 6 years ago. Happy Birthday Levi!!!!

Jen said...

Levi hasn't changed one bit, since he was a wee babe!

I'm thoroughly impressed with your mad skillz of hosting a b-day party with multitudes of hyped up kiddies and blogging a tear jerker, pull at your heart strings, post!

(can anyone say, "run on sentence, anyone?")

Levi is a such a great kid, because his parents are awesome examples! Put a brick on his head...he's growing up too fast!

Happy birthday Levi!

Rochelleht said...

He TOTALLY hasn't changed. How cute!! That was such a sweet post!!!

Christie said...

He is so adorable. Happy birthday to your cute boy!

Misty said...

That is so sweet! We love levi and my boys love to play with him! They had a ball at the party!

Laura said...

Levi is so cute! Does he still ask about the green ball he lost? Ha, Ha! Remember the pencils in all different colors that were his wands for his Harry Potter phase?

Sunny said...

Awwww... happy birthday Levi!! He seems like SUCH a sweet and funny boy, just what I hope Bean grows into (he's on his way already).

I always picture him as the chubby cheeked little munchkin in the picture in your avatar on the TWW. He was cheering me on and made me smile during TTC... thanks Levi. :)

Lynsie said...

That was so sweet and I enjoyed every single picture! I love looking at that cute kid, and I love talking to him more. You do have a great son, and he has always been a great kid!

Happy Birthday Levi, we love you!!

Crissy said...

Love all the photos, Holly! He is turning into quite the young man!

Mariel said...

That's a sweet post you did or him! He's a real handsome dude!