Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Faith's Birthday--4 Days after Levi's. I'm Tired.

Most of you know that getting Faith to join our family was a 3 year infertility battle. And during that infertility struggle, John was also battling cancer. It was quite the time in our household. Faith's name is very special because it represents the faith that John and I had to overcome both infertility and cancer. Those two pink lines on that pregnancy test represented new life and renewed hope. We were overwhelmed with joy.

It's a funny thing because my two other sisters and I were pregnant all at the same time. It was a once in a lifetime blessing. And no... the blue shirts weren't planned. Joyce (on the far right) delivered baby Ian on May 30th, Charlotte (far left) delivered baby Aaron on May 31st, and Faith joined us on June 16th. I LOVE this picture.

Photobucket

Faith's birth brought so many emotions for me. As soon as I gave birth to her, I knew that she came at the right time , but waiting for her was an extremely painful process for me. Holding her in my arms made that pain go away, but I will never forget that challenge (especially as I am now experiencing it again) and it has made me a better person.

Photobucket

Faith was such a chubby little newborn. I loved her chunky legs and double chin. She ended up losing quite a bit of weight at the hospital, however, and they almost didn't let me take her home.

Photobucket

If this picture doesn't make you baby hungry then you must definitely be done having children.

Photobucket

Levi meeting his baby sister for the first time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The day I brought Faith home from the hospital, I was walking up the stairs with her against my shoulder. She put both arms out and pushed her body up and looked at me. I was shocked at her upper body strength. Every time I changed her diaper she wouldn't relax her head. She did some major ab work as a baby. Little did I know that it meant I would have an EXTREMELY active and wild toddler on my hands.

Photobucket

Unlike Levi, Faith's looks changed constantly. It took nearly an entire year for her eyes to change to the dark brown they are now. I thought she was going to have hazel-green eyes like me. When you look at this picture of her eyes, you might have thought the same thing.

Photobucket

Faith has been a live-wire from day one. But when I say that, I don't mean she has been a difficult child. Difficult in the sense of being busy, yes. But she's a happy-go-lucky kind of kid with a really fun personality. She's quite the diva and drama queen when something really affects her (like, say... the spider she saw on the wall today). She is ALWAYS cracking us all up!!!

Photobucket

Levi and Faith's relationship is a special one. The beauty of having them 5 years apart means there isn't as much fighting going on. Their age difference wasn't by choice, but now that it is the way it is, I LOVE it. The two of them are extremely cute with one another and I feel like they'll always have a special bond.

Photobucket

For those of you who missed out on the 'Peas' movie the first time I posted it, here it is in all its glory. I sent it in to America's Funniest Home Videos and the idiots never chose it. LAME. I think there must be some people working there who have no sense of humor. Because this? THIS IS FUNNY with a capital 'F'.



Faith's Blessing Day

Photobucket

If there is one thing that Faith does remarkably well, it's make messes. She is the MESSIEST child I've ever been around. She has gone from destroying toilet paper into teeny tiny bits to spreading my tampons all around the house and emptying the dish towel drawer and using them as blankies 10 times a day. She is BUSY. When I get ready in the morning, she can single-handedly destroy the bathroom in 10 minutes.

Photobucket

Faith on Easter Sunday '08

Photobucket

In the last year, Faith's hair has gone through a metamorphasis. When she was a year old, she had some major Grinch hair going on. It has gone from that to a full head of curls in the last year. And in the last three months, it has REALLY grown!

Faith on her birthday '08
Photobucket

The picture below was taken in the fall of '08. I can't believe how much Faith has grown and changed just since this picture was taken. She is a funny and beautiful little girl and we feel really lucky and blessed to have her in our home.

Photobucket

Dear Faith,
Your birth was a long awaited one. I will always remember the one night I was trying to fall asleep through my tears of yet ANOTHER failed month of trying to conceive. There came to me the tiniest flash of an image when I was not awake and yet not asleep. It was short, but it was of a little girl who looked just like you playing with Levi in his bedroom. It is what you look like today. You, my beautiful girl, are a treasured and cherished gift from Heavenly Father. You will never know how much we wanted you and prayed for you before you came to be with us. We love you so much. I feel like your name and your life will be an example to so many. You. Are. Special.

Happy Birthday, baby girl!!!

Photobucket
Faith on her second birthday 6/16/09

29 comments:

heidiram said...

O.K. totally crying here. What a wonderful tribute to your baby girl. I hope she had a great day!

Joanne said...

She is so adorable! I'm glad I finally know the story behind her name. I don't think any other name would have fit her so well. I just love those curls too!

Rochelleht said...

WOW, check out that hair! She is adorable. She's lookin' like her mama!

♥Shally said...

DYING laughing at the peas video!! I agree with her-- those things are DISGUSTING. I gag too. :)

Happy Birthday Faith!!

Jessica said...

1) I always worry that posts like that will be boring (if I do them) and then I read yours and it was so not boring. Thanks for sharing.

2) That peas video is so so so funny. I watched again, thinking it would just be cute. No. It's totally hilarious.

Mama Bear said...

Cute little Faith cracks me up every time I see her. I love when she sees Tony. He says he's just trying to butter her up for the future so she'll date/marry Konner. Reading your post made me so baby hungry its crazy and teary eyed thinking how fast time goes by. My baby will be 1 in two weeks. Your kids are such charismatic cuties!

diane said...

You forgot to mention those amazing dimples. She is a beauty. I love her hair too.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand cooked peas either. They made me gag when I was younger. Now I just won't eat them, particularly if they are overcooked or canned. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Cute blog. Dad

Jennie said...

I love the picture of you and your sisters. My 3 sisters and I were all pregnant at the same time and did the picture thing. Faith is a cutie pie for sure. Your kids are just adorable and I hope they have a little brother or sister soon!!!

JANEAL said...

The peas video is hilarious....how could Americas funniest home videos not pick that one?! I'm totally cracking up!

She is a very special little girl! And adorable too. What a lucky little girl to have a head full of curls.

Bridget said...

What a cutie. The curls, the dimples, the messy face and then the dolled up outfits. Congratulations on two years of your little miracle baby.

joyce said...

Did dad post a comment?? Holy Cow!! Made me cry again... I Just LOVE Faith... and I love how much she loves me! I'm totally her favorite person, right?? And the prego sisters pic is a total classic!! One more thing, that last pic of her from her birthday is SO cute!

Jen said...

I loved this post! The peas video is a classic and Faith's darling pictures are so fun to see. I hope Faith had a rip-roaring birthday!

And uh, by the way, Faith is already spoken for... Konner with a K!!!! You know it and I know it my friend!

Conner wishes his girlfriend "Happy Birthday!" and he'll give her a call later.

Laura said...

Baby torture witn the peas! Funny video!
Faith is so cute and such a PERSONALITY! I love all those pictures. She is so funny!

Whoa - did Dad really post a comment?!

Lynsie said...

Now I am baby hungry. Wait I just had a baby. Still baby hungry whenever I see pictures of her in the little hospital blanket.

Loved the peas video, and America's Funnies Home Videos is LAME. The pick the lamest video's as the top 3.

And now I am crying, your letter to Faith is so eloquently put, and Perfect! With a capitol P.

Kari said...

I've never met Faith in person but all you have to do is look at her picture and know that she is a little bit mischievious. I love the picures of her covered in something she has found. She is a sweet, adorable, squeezable, kissable blessing! You are such a great mom :)

Sunnyworld said...

Oh,my goodness, Holly! Love those pictures of Faith! She is truly a beauty.

And, it's nice to know she has such excellent taste buds -- peas in any other form except RAW are just AWFUL!! I never eat peas -- if they are in something, I pick 'em out. Nasty, nasty little things! Poor Faith was truly tortured by having to eat them -- I'm surprised she didn't spit them out! lol

And, why all the surprise that my brother would post?!? ha ha Such a good guy, your Dad!

Sunny said...

Awwww... happy birthday Faith!!! It takes me back to when she was born... I can't believe it's been two years. She is GORGEOUS and obviously a ham like her brother. You make awesome kids, that's for sure.

I really appreciate you saying that the age difference has it's positives. God only knows how many years it'll be until we conceive again (if we do!) and it makes me feel better knowing it works well for you. You always help me. :)

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Sarah and my best friends struggled with infertility for a number of years as well. I've taken it upon myself to never let their kids forget what they went through to get them here.

Hilarious video. AFV doesn't know what they're doing!

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, Holly...this beautiful post made me cry. I love that you triumphed over the infertility and John triumphed over the cancer...and that you have your beautiful, beautiful Faith.

I watched the pea video again and laughed just as hard as I laughed when I saw it when you posted it before. I can't believe Funniest Home Videos didn't choose it. That is just wrong!

I love all of the pictures. You look so beautiful pregnant and I love the blue shirt pictures with your sisters. You also look beautiful EVEN after just delivering a baby!!! That is no small feat. You are so gorgeous.

queenieweenie said...

this post was like a good movie...I laughed, I cried.

Rebecca McNair said...

So sweet! I love all the pictures! Darling!

Audry said...

She just so beautiful! Can you believe she's 2 it goes by way to fast. P.S. My due date was June 13.

Heidi said...

Your sweet post made me cry. I loved all the pictures from when she was just born. They brought back all the amazing feelings that I can't describe from when my little sweetheart was born. I loved all the other pictures too! Faith is such a blessing!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I REALLY want to come see you guys. When is a good time for Courtney and I to come over?

Jylaire said...

The newborn pics are making me so, so excited to see my new little one! She's just a miracle! Hope she had a fun birthday!

Allison said...

Hi there,
I'm a high school friend of "Sunny's" and she told me that you have a very "sprited" or rather rambunctious 2 year old girl? Mine will be 3 in September. Each day is a challenge, espcially now that we have an 8 month old boy as well. I look forward to reading more about you!
Allison

Marni said...

Do you look at the preggo pic and wish you had taken your shoes off too?? :)

AFV probably didn't pick your video because they don't like to show CHILD ABUSE! I knew I wouldn't eat those things - no way was I making my kid gag through them. Okay, I did with Adam and maybe Sam, but I don't think I ever bought them again. NASTY! So funny, though. At the end she's trying to grin, trying to be happy with her mamma.

Kim said...

I'm totally crying too! She is so beautiful and I know that you know how lucky and blessed you are to have her. What a doll.

Adrianne said...

So cute. She and Gabe are only 11 days apart!