Friday, February 13, 2009

LOVE Week #2

One of the only things I LOVE about having a child who's not feeling so hot is the cute humility that comes along with it. Levi doesn't think he needs me too much. In fact, just the other day he told me that. He said, 'Some kids need their moms, but when they turn 7 (he's almost 7) they don't need their moms anymore, huh?' Sigh. But Levi stayed home from school yesterday. And ya know what? He totally needed me. And I LOVED it. We snuggled and bonded and I stroked his hair and hung out with him. I think I might have needed it as much as he needed it.

Even though Faith is at a hard 'I'm into everything I can possibly get my hands on stage', sometimes the things she gets into turn into really cute things that I LOVE. Like this:

Photobucket

I LOVE this 'I'm guilty and I'm also not going to smile about it' expression:

Photobucket

Yesterday John and I were sitting in bed and I looked over at my elliptical trainer and I saw this and LOVED it:

Photobucket

I LOVE the person who thought up this invention:

Photobucket

It makes it so things like this don't happen:
Photobucket
Let's just pretend for a sec that I took this picture before I got my neat little pantry lock inventin, shall we? Because I certainly wouldn't forget to slide it over the hinge. Nope. Not me.

I LOVE this ugly t-shirt because it speaks for its ugly self:

Photobucket

But most of all, I LOVE it when we put the kids to bed and John and I snuggle up on the couch and watch our favorite shows together. Simple, but definitely one of my favorite things. TV, couch, snuggles. What's not to LOVE?!
Photobucket
Plus, our shirts match and it was serendipitous. And yes. I LOVE the word 'serendipitous' too.

22 comments:

Annemarie said...

I LOVE the outfit made from hoisery!!

♥Shally said...

Faith can come over and her and Cam can dress in many layers of hose and socks! Cam came out today with 5 skirts on.

I wanted to do love week! This week was way too crazy though... next year for sure.

i love the word serendipitous too! (and i like the movie "serendipity". have you seen it?)

Rochelleht said...

I love how you keep your mouth closed in every picture! HA HA! You look great!!!

joyce said...

Love the nylons pose. She is so funny! Dare I ask what the black thing with white trim is around her neck...never mind, I don't want to know! The little animals on the treadmill is SOOOO Ian! Isn't that funny? Um... the donut shirt scares me because your boobs look ginormous!

Becky said...

So cute. I love your shirt and I love the word serendipitous too. What a great word, and what a cute family you have!

Jeanelle said...

I love serendipitous too but the word I most enjoy saying is testicular. I know. I'm sorry. But I love it! What a fun and happy love post, beautiful and wonderful Holly!

Jeanelle said...

I just read Rochelle's comment and I just realized I have yet to see your braces! I want a braces post with pictures!!!

Jennie said...

I love the pictures of Faith! So funny. Hope Levi is still mending okay. Did he have fun at his Valentine's Day party?

Jen said...

Our babes should get together and swap fashion tips...Faith with your hoisery and Conner with my "holy freak that's a huge bra!" collection.

Don't worry about Levi not needing you as he gets older. All boys need their mommy's even at the age of 35.

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Annemarie...the hose are pretty spectacular.

I said, "Awwwwww" out loud when I saw the little farm animals on the elliptical trainer. I love things like that, too. So sweet.

That pantry locking thing is pure genius!!!!

You look hotttt in your Donut Powered shirt!

Jylaire said...

I'm loving your LOVE week! That pic of you and John is great! Our favorite thing is just like yours...lots of snuggling and tv on the couch!

Laura said...

CUTE PICTURES OF FAITH!!!! She is sooooooooo cute. I agree with Joyce; that blue shirt is like an instant boob job or something. Also, what is with all the close-mouthed pictures?! lol

Mariel said...

Love Faith in your nylons! Audrey is always getting into my lingerie! Dan hates it cause it "ruins it" for him...so sad. And, I agree...totally love the days where the older baby gets mommy time. I love when Caden will put his head on my shoulder or lay on my lap....I always feel guilty like he's being left out cause he's so independent. But, love those moments.

Bridget said...

You really are sticking to that closed mouth aren't ya?? I was too lazy to do love week but I loved reading everyone else's.

Jill said...

You're too cute. I LOVE the Faith pictures. Adorable. I miss you, I want to go hang out. Ugh.

Rebecca McNair said...

So cute! Faith is just adoarable. Your blogs are always so cute I LOVE them! I hope Faith is feeling better and I am so excited for Bunco let me know if you need anthing! Seriously!

Misty said...

How cute! Faith is such a gem! It is amazing what entertains them sometimes! I'm going to have to train russ to like the same shows as me! Or maybe he'll have to train me! wrestling and horse training are torture! He feels the same about chic flicks and american idol! oh well, just being together is worth it!

Anonymous said...

When ever I want to LOL, I open your blog and look at the second picture of Faith. For some reason it just tickles my funny bone.
Thanks for the smiles.
Love, WSM

Bruces said...

Ahh, that is so sweet. Cute cute pictures.

Nortorious said...

She seriously points to her funny face? I want to meet that kid. I feel like I've known her all her life.

Momma Ballou said...

Oh Holly, She has gotten even cuter. I'll have to call you soon we have been going through some not so fun changes around here. Love ya

Hazen5 said...

I want Faith's dimples.