1. I'm starting to freak out a little bit about summer time and the boredom that will definitely encompass my children. Summer makes me both a fun mom and a more paranoid mom. Fun because with the kids outside, I don't trust them to be out alone thus forcing myself to be outside with them all the while wanting and needing to do things INSIDE. Paranoid mom for the exact same reason.
2. Feeling annoyed that I can't ever seem to get a great organization system for incoming paper. School papers, mail, ads I think I'm going to look through and don't, magazines I might flip through but never get to until it's outdated.
3. Thinking that instead of updating my blog right now I should really organize my filing cabinet which still has loads of stuff in it I don't need. Ya know what I need? Fabulous tab printouts so I don't have to make my own and with those printouts, someone else's way of organizing things. Like, say... do I create a folder every year of my child's age? Or do I do one folder with all their stuff in it which makes it so I have to scramble all through it when I want to find something? Seriously, if you have a system, send it to me.
4. Realizing that I'm extra obsessed with TV this season. 'Lost', 'The Biggest Loser', 'American Idol', 'Gray's Anatomy', '24', and 'Private Practice', and 'The Bachelor' all make me exceptionally giddy when they come on. Does this mean I need to get a life?
5. I keep thinking about Joelle from 'The Biggest Loser' and how annoying she is and how glad I am that she's gone and sad for Carla all at the same time.
6. My stairwell needs to be painted and it has vaulted ceilings and the walls of the stairwell all connect to other walls and the whole thing gives me a headache and I don't know what color to paint it and this is the biggest run-on sentence ever.
7. Why do smoke detectors always chirp for a new battery in the middle of the night?
8. I'm in love with the gym right now and what it's doing for me physically and emotionally. I especially love it when I stand in front of the skinny mirrors in step class and not the fat mirrors. But I'm really NOT in love with the one girl who works in the daycare on Thursdays who sits on the floor a lot.
9. Thinking about putting off the first choir practice I'm in charge of as choir director until next week because I don't feel ready.
10. I keep seeing cute things people get on Etsy and yet when I go to their site to look around, I get all overwhelmed because there's just too much stuff and so decide I don't want to look around after all.
11. I have Spring Fever to the max and keep turning on songs that make me think of sunshine and warmth and swimming.
12. And speaking of swimming, I keep deciding that I'm going to take swimming lessons and learn how to be a great swimmer like Michael Phelps (minus the bong) and then I change my mind because the lady who would teach me is probably a Nazi swim instructor and she'd make fun of the way I doggy paddle. And what if I don't pass? And what about chlorine hair? And what if I got a swim cap but refused to wear it because it cut off the circulation in my head and made me feel stupid?
13. I ate a Cinnibon today and I'm feeling guilty, but it was really REALLY good so I don't know HOW guilty I really feel.
14. Thinking of not publishing this post because it's really lame.
15. Wondering why that stupid bikini girl on American Idol bothered me so much and why Simon's reactions to her bothered me even more. Feeling sooo glad that she's gone and I don't have to watch her weird neck movement when she sings anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


26 comments:
Your poor brain is on over-load right now. good luck with that!
You are a funny girl Holly!
Holly. You need a nap. And another Cinnabon. And a vacation. I won't be at choir on the 15th because we will go to my mom's that day. But after that I'll be there. No pressure!
Talk to me later about organizing your kid's stuff...
Don't feel guilty about your t.v. time. Everyone needs a break once in a while.
Take the swimming lessons! My sister in law did it and has never regreted it! Don't phsych yourself out of it!
If you want to postpone choir practice, don't feel bad. It's just one more week of not having to listen to me try to sqwak (sp?) a tune out. Remember...wounded birds.
Etsy can be overwhelming. You must scroll through every item then narrow it down to your absolute fav's. Then consider the prices, what would get the most compliments, and what catches your eye the most. Does that help?
I haven't seen bikini girl on AI. I'm glad she's gone also, because I'm pretty sure her "neck thing" would've bugged me too.
You should hear the deep thoughts that are in my head. Disturbing.
For my kids' stuff: I bought boxed from Ikea and the each have a name on them. When something is deemed worthy, I dump it in the box. That is my filing system. I love it.
I agree with Jennie. You need a vacation. ;-)
Hey, do the swimming thing man, I have to say that was the most fun thing I learned to do last year. I started last January...could NOT swim, and by June I was swimming for a staight hour...and I LOVED being in the water, it reminded me of the beach... sort of, without the chlorine. Loved the post, not lame, you're doing awesome!!!
Hate bikini girl! What if Simon brings her back as a wild card?
Love The Bachelor...it's getting
exciting.
Cinnabon YUM. I had one in January at the airport.
I LOVE this post! It sounds just like what I have going on in my head most days. lol. I totally agree with the Joelle thing--it's also been on my mind all week. As for the file cabinet, I'd probably put 2-3 years in a folder for each child, depending on how much is in there. If I were closer I'd make the tabs for you. :) And I totally agree about etsy--way too overwhelming. And maybe you could put a magazine or two by the t.v. and look at them during commercials (unless you have tivo), and maybe a couple in the bathroom. (ahem--did I really just write that?) lol.
Holly, go to the movie on Saturday and don't think about anything else! You deserve it! Everthing else will work out! Have tons of Fun!
yeah, bikini girl. i'm ticked at myself for hating her, because it's not like i'm jealous of her skanky ways. but WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON THERE?? between ryan and simon, i was livid. it was like they were following her around with their freaking divining rods... yeah. you get the point.
now i'm irate all over again.
maybe i'll come over and organize your files. that works wonders for my type A personality.
Bikini girl is HORRIBLE! I can't believe that girl. Ugh. Totally gets under my skin. And yes, Simon made it all the worse. Was he serious?? Puh-lease.
Loved your swimming comment, especially the part about the swimming cap. LOL!! Please don't feel guilty about the cinnabon, especially since I was the recipient of your kindness and thoroughly enjoyed mine. And, uh, what the heck is etsy??!!
I love this post. Just truths. I HATED the bikini girl, such trash, and I HATED her neck too. How annoying. I can't stand Joelle either. She has something seriously wrong with her.
Amen to most of that. I am equally obsessed with a variety of TV shows and I maybe need a life, and the bikini girl was the worst thing EVER! Glad she's gone.
I'm thinking that all of the deep thoughts just show what an intelligent person you are . . . thanks for sharing . . . another thought cinnabon's must be brain food, I think I need one.
Bikini girl WAS obnoxious. Loose, unorganized papers are the bane of my existence. I need to tackle it too. Maybe after I read a few more blogs.
You're not the only one that was annoyed bikini girl and her head movements. I couldn't figure out why Simon liked her.
Okay, funniest post ever! I love this idea. I may steal it sometime (with credit to you, of course).
Love Lost, Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, and Private Practice. I think I might have to start watching Grays. I feel the same way, giddy, yet that I need a life. Oh well. And Joelle seriously has problems! Anyway, I liked your post.
Fabulous, fabulous stream of consciousness post. I love it!
I agree...why can't I ever get incoming papers organized...sheesh. One thing I do is have a magazine rack in the bathroom. Yeah, I know I sound like an old lady but...I can *ahem* multi-task that way.
I loved it when Cara (sp?) stood up and sang that Mariah Carey song so much BETTER than bikini girl. That little tart almost took her whole team down with her when she didn't show up to sing on the morning of the group competition. Okay, uh....sorry...down Lauren...down girl...
Loved your list! We agree on a lot of things.
You make me laugh.
1. I can't wait for summer, so I can get out of this house!
3. I did Jaimen's pictures by age (month) until he turned 1 1/2 then I just put them in the folder, so now its a mess.
4. I'm obsessed too with TV too.
5. I HATED Joelle, what was with her?
6. Run-on sentences are awesome, especially when you point it out.
10. Me too, whats the big deal, everything seems so expensive. And I can never find the cute things, its frustrating.
12. You can't swim?? Nazi instructor?? tehehehe
14. Its funny not lame.
15. Ick I hated her too, and Alan was laughing and looking just like Simon.
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think something is seriously wrong with Joelle. I really think she has some mental problems. Bye bye bikini girl. We won't miss your drama. High heels and scoliosis??
Fun post. Not lame.
And don't you think that Joelle is seriously dysfunctional. Like abused or a little clinically insane. That girl was NOT RIGHT.
I read this on my ipod while I was sitting in the hospital over the weekend and saved it so I could comment. I smiled when I read your TV list. I love that we watch the exact same shows!! I think Carla was a total whack job and I cannot wait to see Joelle's progress at the finale. I totally despised that stupid bikini girl. She was just icky. We watched a bunch of the entertainment "news" shows this weekend in the waiting room and I can't believe she got even MORE press from them. Gross, gross, gross. I loved this post - it was random & fun. Hope you're doing great!
Post a Comment