But now?
I've resigned myself to the fact that yes, this show IS pointless. Yes, there is a 99.999% chance that this relationship will not work out. But guess what? I'm watching anyway. It is pure ENTERTAINMENT at its finest. It's the TV promos that got me!! Every time they advertised the show this season, they played sappy music with The Bachelor's little boy (he's a single Dad) running up to him in slow motion. I mean, the commercials alone had me in tears.
I had to watch it. I simply couldn't help myself.

The show is two freaking hours. It's a commitment (thank goodness for DVR). Between that, The Biggest Loser (which I have yet to watch one episode, but they are ALL recorded), Lost, '24' and American Idol, I have no time on my hands. I mean, life is just hard right now. I barely have time to blog.
I'm kidding. Of course. You know that, right?
Moving on...
(SPOILER ALERT)
I'm obsessed with this season. Between Shannon's annoying breakdowns and the way she says 'Jay-son' all weepy-like and Megan's witchiness, I can't get enough. I was almost sad when he eliminated those two girls this week simply because the drama they brought to the show made me laugh my head off. And what was up with Lauren telling him what to do? One of my favorite parts was where Natalie said in the limo 'I don't mean to sound conceited, but I am super, super attractive'. And was it just me or was that girl orange? She seriously needed to tone down her fake tanner.
So here's my thoughts:
- I'm sad that Nikki is gone, but she was just too serious. I did like her though. If only she would have lightened up.
- I like Molly. She seems to have the most physical connection with Jason, but I don't know about the rest of the package. She likes herself. That's for sure. Was the tent experience really necessary?
- I REALLY, REALLY like Stephanie. She's so sweet and that moment with her daughter on the beach made me bawl. Sadly, there's not enough spark between those two.
- I also really like Melissa and Jillian.
- My bet for who winds up with him is probably between Melissa and Naomi though.
- I like Naomi the best. She's less catty than a lot of the girls and she is totally gorgeous.
Don't hate me because I watch this show. I promise you that if you watched just ONE episode, you would be hooked like me. Let's call it 'Bachelor crack'. Or.... perhaps not. That brings up mental images. But perhaps that's not a bad thing?
Please, please share your thoughts with me on my latest obsession.
I'm waiting...



30 comments:
Have you counted how many times he says "amazing" per episode? It's my favorite. I was sad to see Nikki with her zero self esteem go because she is so entertaining. But mostly, I pick Melissa and Jillian. The overbite on Naomi sort of bugs.
"Bachelor crack", you kill me!!!
Totally hooked here. It's like a train wreck...you just can't look away.
The tent thing...whatever. Cute girl, but come on. The moaning made me sick.
I like Melissa, and I liked Nikki (a little too intense, though)
I agree with everything you're saying here. Can't wait for next week!
PRAISE DVR!!
This show is my guilty pleasure. Love it. I like Melissa, though Naomi is from San Diego.
Oh you know I'm totally watching and obsessing! I agree with Heather and think it's going to be between Melissa and Jillian. I think Stephanie is so sweet but she and Jason have ZERO chemistry. And how fantastic was it when, was it Shannon?, blew her nose and had the black napkin on her face and when she went in for a kiss, Jason totally just kissed her like she was his sister. Because, hello! She basically just got done picking her nose right in front of him. SICK! I laughed SO hard. And I liked it when last week Natalie said "who is he, God" or whatever when Jason didn't give her a rose. Ha! There have been so many great moments. I'm so hating the threats of DeAnna coming back. I LOATHE HER! If you didn't watch the Bachelorette, you won't know who she is but I just cannot stand her. At all! I will be so sad if she comes back to stay. ICK! Um, can you tell I really enjoy this show??? ;) And Biggest Loser is great this year too. You're missing out!
yaaaaawwwwnnnnn....
ok.........we don't have the American " The Bachelor ", over here..but I can give you all a very unbiased opinion on this guys appearance, as I have only seen pics of him on this blog.
So...here it goes...
Why did they choose such an ugly guy??? YUCK! Holly, the pic of him with all these gorgeous women around looks weird cause he is soooo beneath their ' standard '!
Honestly, he is very VERY average, and not worthy to make a fuss over.
Maybe it is the music, is he rich?, is he an heir to an oil tycoon in Dubi?, does he possess some rare talent or genius attribute?
I can't see it!!!
love Marsha ( your Australian cuz)
Dang. Missed it. Forgot to Tivo it. Dang. Thanks for the update.
Andrea, did you really just say 'yawn??' PSHAW!
That means you don't watch this show. Oh, you are missing OUT, girlfriend! MISSING OUT!
It is SUCH a waste of time. It is trashy and stupid. Pointless. It never works out. Yet I still get sucked into it. I said I wouldn't watch this season (have watched every single other season) and I watched it last night. I'm so mad at myself!!!!!!!!! Now I have to see who he picks. Ugh. SUCH a waste of time though, it benefits me NONE. Biggest Loser however is fabulous. I cried buckets tonight!
Hmmmm... I may just have to check it out. I also noticed the overbite on Naomi. Hmmmmmm... maybe I'll check it out. Until then, you will have to continue updating us.
I thought about doing a post on last night's episode, too. But I'm thinking that now I don't have to, since you pretty much pulled every thought from my head! It's too early for me to pick a winner. I like Jillian, Melissa and Molly all equally at this point. No, that's not true. I'm pulling a little bit for Jillian. She's fun and cute. I would date her. You know what I mean.
And ya, the show is pointless and all, but I'm admitting it, I'm embracing it. I FREAKIN LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I get so cranky if my kids aren't asleep by the time it comes on. Monday from 7-9 is MOMMY TIME!!!
I love it, too... I've watched it for years now and can't pry myself away!!
I just have to say that you are so funny..."Bachelor Crack" brining up mental images. Hilarious.
I haven't watched because I prefer sleep to everything else, lately...but I so enjoyed hearing your take on everything!
How come we get hooked on these crazy shows that don't add to our quality of life? I don't watch this show but American Idol has me hooked. I swore off it two seasons ago, but haven't stopped watching yet.
WSM
I'm hooked, and I'm not ashamed...I loved in the limo when Nikki said something like, "I mean, I can't get any prettier, or smarter, or something else." Really? A little funny! I really like Melissa and even though I know there's little to no chance of real romance with Stephanie, I think she's classy. Shannon was pure stalker crazy! We'll just have to see!
Not a Bachelor watch here. *gasp!*
I watched some of the 1st season (just because my neighbor had party's at her house-- I went for the food) and all I catch now are the commercials for it.
I think the girls are whiny, and petty. Buncha babies.
Don't hate me. :)
Haven't watched it. But I can guarantee I'd be totally addicted if I did. Maybe I'll just stay away and read your blog for the updates instead.
You already know that I am hooked. I liked the results of this weeks show, I am glad he kicked all three of them off. I actually like all the girls that are left, my favorites being, Melissa and Jillian. But when does Deanna ( is that her name?) come on the show?
Ok so, my husband and I watch it pretty much every season mainly to make fun of the people on the show...But it is so entertaining! I love that he didn't give out the last rose. All of those girls were super lame. I don't think I could have handled one more episode of Shannon's craziness. I think it will come down to Naomi and Jillian, and of the two I think I like Naomi the best. She might be a little too sexy for him though.. I guess we will have to wait and find out!
I have been watching the bachelor for a few years. Last year was my favorite with DeAnna, but I was super sad when she didn't pick Jason.
So we are watching it again this year, and I am with you on the sappy commercials, I cry too.
And I laughed, clapped and woohooed Monday night when he sent all 3 of them home. Right before he picked up the rose, I said "He needs to get rid of all three"- Ha and he did!!
But when the heck does DeAnna come back? I can't wait to see what that is about.
My favorite is Melissa, I think because she is the one they show the most of her personality, the others they just show bits and pieces.
Anywhooo I love that show, and the Biggest Loser (I can't believe you haven't watched one episode yet- your gonna cry early on), Ugly Betty, and Greys Anatomy, oh and The New Adventures of Old Christine. So like you I have no time to pay attention to my attention ridden 2 year old. Poor kid.
Haven't seen it (but I do read about it)
I can't think of a worse way to choose someone to marry. Maybe close my eyes and blindly point?
Sorry I hae no comment. I have never watched this show. 24 and Lost take up all my TV time.
Don't apologize for watching the show it is fabulous and it drives my husband nuts, so that is one more reason that I LOVE IT!! If I have to suffer through football, baseball, tennis, golf etc, he can sit through two hours of the Bachelor. Great job!
I haven't been watching, but not because I think I'm too good for Bachelor crack. It's just that my DVR is maxed out with American Idol, Top Chef, and every house hunting show on cable (not sure why?). I'm sure if I saw an episode, I'd be right there with you!
Ha Ha! Okay this post cracked me up! I've been trying to watch this season of The Bachelor too! The only season before that I was totally hooked on it was when it was Trista and Ryan. Unfortunately I don't have a DVR so I've missed some of this season already. I got called in to work all night on Monday so I missed that episode too :( So I'm having trouble keeping all the girl's names straight because I don't get to watch it everytime. Oh well! I do agree that Stephanie is way cute and sweet, but I'm not sure they have a connection. I need to watch some more and really decide who my favorite is...
Okay, I don't watch the show, but I have seen some commercials. Haven't seen the poor girl with the overbite (I resemble that comment!!!), but I have seen someone with a mean underbite! Ouch. I'll take my overbite. Good luck, Bachelor -- hope your child doesn't suffer emotional trauma. :)
Laura
I LOVE this show too. It is the only show I get really excited to watch, i guess it is because it is just my time....
I really like all the girls who are left. The only thing with Stephanie is she seems to old. I know she is only 34 but maybe it is the way she presents herself.
I am sooo excited to see who jason does pick.we are only a few weeks away.
GUILTY too, I just couldn't resist! I like Naomi, she is a dead ringer for Eva Mendes.
I am very addicted to american idol, and russ could care less if the show was canceled! I'll have to check out the bachelor, you have me addicted already! Levi's testimony on Sunday was so sweet! Way to go Levi! He must have some really awesome parents!
that sucks john has a couple hernias too! it's been a crappy recovery. Yes, dan will not be pleased to see his hospital picture on the internet. hee hee. so, i just fixed my blog yesterday because it said that it wasn't allowing subscribers. so, i changed that. I didn't realize it had been set to that.
Post a Comment