But, I digress...
We decided we'd take our children to the lights and to see Santa. We made all the necessary preparations and bundled the kids in warm clothes. But first, we would make them sweat it out in their warm clothes and go out to dinner. Of course, right as we were leaving, Faith decided to dump an entire glass of icy cold water all over her clothes. Thus ended the idea of having her see Santa. But luckily for Levi, he still got to go. And me? I stayed in the car trying my hardest to entertain Faith while she bawled and said 'Dad-duh' the entire time. You see, HE is the favorite right now. And when I say 'Favorite', what I mean is that Faith is down right obsessed with her Dad. Which... isn't entirely a bad thing when he comes home if you know what I mean.
Here's Levi with Santa. John said that although Santa looked the part, he was a REAL dud with zero personality and didn't even ask what Levi wanted. Thanks a lot, dull Santa.

Next, there were loads upon LOADS of Christmas parties and festivities.
BEST. YEAR. EVER.
There was also some really angry gift opening on my part, apparently.

And you'll never guess what I got...
A new 21 1/2 inch COMPUTER MONITOR. The picture just doesn't do it justice. I'm truly in love. Hey, I might even take up blogging again and get out of my rut.
But no promises.

This is one of my favorite moments. Faith was being so cute with my brother, Clark. She has a thing for him. There are really only a few people she'll give the time of day to lately. The less you act like you want to hold her, the better. She might actually smile for you if you ignore her.

My mom just got back from a three week trip to Australia. She has wanted to go there for as long as I can remember. Her sister (my aunt) lives there and has raised all her children there. Lucky for us, they visit once a year or so. But unfortunately for them, we HAVEN'T. My mom had a great time and brought back gifts for everyone.
Levi got a 'Bushman' hat (though I'm sure that's not the OFFICIAL name), the guys got real AUTHENTIC kangaroo scrotum sacs. Yup. You read that right. SCROTUM SACS. I think every joke in the book was told about those things.
Such as: "Do these only hold two things?"
"One side is hanging down lower than the other"
and so on... and so forth...
Faith got a cute little stuffed Koala...

And me???
I got Australian candy. You KNOW you're jealous.
Rather than dreaming of sugarplums dancing in my head, I'll be dreaming of a Violet Crumble and Tim Tams. Because you know what? They're gone.
Just. Like. Christmas.

The Sunday before Christmas, I forgot to take pictures of the cute kids. So today I made them both wear Christmas outfits AGAIN and I set them down for what was sure to be the cutest Christmas photo EVER with the two of them in their Sunday best.
Here's what I got:
Try NUMBER ONE

TRY NUMBER TWO. Yes, Levi... smiling while pulling on Faith's dress to get her to stay really IS helpful. Thank-You.

Try NUMBER THREE:
This is as good as it gets, folks.
I hope you all had as Merry a Christmas as we did!!!


30 comments:
I'm LOVIN' this post!!!!
And I LOVE the picture of Faith with Clark... so cute. And why exactly do you look SO angry in that picture??? Were you having a bit of a selfish "My stocking!!!" moment?? I'm sure I've never had one of those moments.. Seriously... mom does the greatest stockings EVER!!!!
Too funny...especially your admiration for your new monitor and the Australian candy. And hello! I think that Christmas stocking your were holding, just wasn't big enough.
At least you dressed your kids in their Christmas outfits last Sunday. Mine... not so much. Today we did the same thing... took pictures of the kids in their Christmas outfits.
Do you think I need to use these (...) some more? 'Cause I can, ya know. And how about those RC RS ladies and their singing talents today? It's a lovely mixture of sqawks and flats. Awwww,uhhhhh,eeeee! The "Aw" part was you, because those notes come out so pretty and clear when you sing. Okay I'm done commenting. What's wrong with me?
Thanks for the photo of you with your eyes closed. I love your shimmery metallic eyeshadow. Very cool. You're hot.
Your children are so adorable! I'm glad you had a terrific holiday. I too am sad to see Christmas leave but at least we have another entire year to anticipate another wonderful Christmas season.
Wow! I love recaps! I love Faith's dress. And Levi's vest. I love Levi asleep in his bushman hat! Glad you had a terrific Christmas!
You look so pretty in all the pictures! It looks like you had an amazing holiday!
Um, yea, I got one of those Australian sacks for a White Elephant gift this year. But I didn't see your mom at the party...
I agree with Bridget! I love your eyeshadow and you look beautiful! I also love the picture of your brother Clark and Faith.
Sorry aobut the ice water spill and that Santa had no personality...the time with family looked great, though :) You don't look angry...only like you are concentrating ;)
Cute cute, fun fun. You always know how to make the best posts. Mine always seem so boring, but you are so fun and cute it's fabulous. Why are you in such a blogging rut?? I wish I was, it still consumes too much of my time. But it's all good.
Can't wait to play!!! I'll call you next week since this week will be busy with family.
love ya!
I love the picture of levi smiling while pulling faith's dress. I think I will probably laugh about that all day. Because as a mom I totally know how it is to get the kids to sit still and smile. i didn't even get a picture of there christmas clothes. I loved your card so cute.
How exciting that you got a new monitor! The pics of the kids are adorable, of course. Girls are like that...moody, picky about who they like...she sounds like a teenager...or maybe even an adult! I think they come that way now, my niece is the same way. Good thing they're so cute, huh!
My favorite is the one with Levi smiling while pulling Faith's dress, too. It's super cute! LOL
I think my crappy monitor is too small now. I could only see half the pictures. I'll have to go begging for a big one like yours.
Wow! Your pictures look terrific! And Faith's dress is so shimmery and pretty.
Okay this post made me laugh out loud and my husband wanted to know what was so funny. I miss your posts, you should do a few more just for comic relief for the rest of us. LOVE the kids Christmas photos...priceless!
Kari
ps- I happend upon your husband and son at Costco on Saturday. I wanted to say something, but didn't want to scare them. They are blogger celebrities now.
I am so glad you had such a good Christmas! I am lame I haven't done my blog in forever! Hopefully with the new year I can make a goal to get back in to it again! I love the last picture of faith and Levi! Too cute!
I love this blog! Your kids look so adorable in their Christmas outfits. By the way those hats are called " swagman", hats. They are worn by old men in country areas that are filled with flies. ( the corks are used to shoo away the little critters).
I love the fact that you loved your stockings! How fabulous to have a mum who knows how to pick clever items. My poor mum is notorious for buying things that nobody likes. I would love to say that this is a habit that has ceased but...........no.
love ya,
Marsha oxox
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I want to try some Aussie candy!
Great recap of your Christmas! Love your eyeshadow.
Love the eyeshadow as well!
Hey can you email me your address? I would like to invite you to my baby shower my sister is throwing me. You don't need to feel obligated to come, I am just inviting some of the Utah bloggers! ;)
tkc615@gmail.com
So with you on the escaping pictures.
Thanks for the card! Love it!
Yes, I know! I am late!
I am glad you had a good Christmas! Love the pictures! Especially the one's of Levi and Faith :)
I love your blog and your babies are so stinking cute. I hope you guys had a great Christmas. I still need to mail your Christmas card. Sorry! I have had it ready to go for 2 weeks, but keep forgetting to put it in the mail. I will try to do that today.
I love the kid's pictures.
I'm SO glad you got a new monitor...all the better to see me with ;)
Santa looks scary - Levi is brave. I think that's the same Santa that was at Wal-mart last year (unique glasses).
How did you get those pictures so big? I love it!
hey, I just read on your my space that you got braces...Is this for real? I never even knew you wanted them. Good for you.
Cute pictures! How did you get them all together like that? Hope you had a wonderful christmas!
Darling pictures.
Hope you are loving your new monitor.
I'd love a body size Christmas stocking. You must have great connections with Santa!
I can tell you where to get Australian candy in Salt Lake! I am from Australia so you know I know where to find it. LOL. PS you like violet crumbles? You haven't lived until you have had a crunchie bar. In Australia Violet crumbles are considered second best to the crunchie bar. =)
Post a Comment