One of the reasons I gave in and had it trimmed is because Faith sleeps on her stomach and the whole front part where it's the longest becomes one giant RAT'S NEST (do people still say 'Rat's nest' or do they say 'Snarles'? I like 'Rat's Nest better. It's a better description) in the morning. I'm already worried for when she's older. Oh, how I remember the days of my mother trying to comb the rats out of my hair. And the days she would get it all pretty and I would pull it out and throw a fit on the floor. Shocking behavior knowing my perfection now, I know. I'm sure you're all covering your mouths in surprise.
Did I mention the candy bribing? She couldn't get enough. I was a sticky mess by the time I got home. I tried really hard to ignore all the hair Faith ate that day. Hopefully it was mostly hers and mine. Mine because she kept touching me with her sucker, catching my hair in it, and ripping it out at the root in the process.
And for good measure, here's a pic of Levi getting his haircut. He's a haircut pro and ADORES Annie (his professional stylist). Remember what happened the time I had to go to someone else??
He's a very particular child. But handsome? Very. Annie loves how he holds his ears back all on his own so she can trim by them. Like I said, he's a pro.
And the model children all trimmed up!
I have to mention that cutting Faith's hair has made it fuller, thicker looking and her curls bounce and look even curlier. It was so worth it. Thanks, Annie!


35 comments:
What a doll she is, Holly! And what a handsome little guy too! Looks like it was a wondeful success :)
Oh!! So cute!! That first haircut on your baby girl is hard, but worth it.
What good kids!
faith did WAY better than our kawena did with her first hair cut! i don't think i have ever seen any child scream so much at a hair cut! man!
i do love the new do! she was an angel and looks adorable!
Don't worry about the all of the hair she consumed, during her haircut. She'll just have hairy poo for a couple of days.
She looked way cute today in church! It was nice to have her come visit me during Sac. meeting!
And Levi... what more can I say! So handsome!
Cute, cute!
We've done the sucker thing. It's gross but works like a charm.
You have two of the cutest kids in the universe!! Those first haircuts are really hard! But the suckers are the trick!
What is it about little kids and the scary cape? Caleb is petrified by that thing.
She's darling, he's adorable, good work you!
Cute pictures, but I can hardly wait to see the haircut in person. It just makes me happy to read new posts! I guess it is because it feels like I am almost there.
See you really soon. WSM
What an exciting event! The first haircut is such a big deal, especially for girls. And, by the way, I can believe you threw fits as a little girl, when getting your hair done. I witnessed it a few times. :)
i'm having hair envy of your friend. gorgeous.
boys must be different, as last night i hacked away with some clippers at my poor sons. and the results didn't bother me.
i think they would disagree, however.
I was actually admiring her curls while she was in front of me yesterday. Her hair looks great! Levi always looks handsome!
Faith is so adorable and very stylish! The sucker idea is so clever, I never would've thought of that.
kar
Yeah. I knew you wouldn't regret it. She is a doll no matter what! And that Levi, yes, very handsome!
Darling model children for sure!
Gagging at the sucker flavored hair or hair flavored sucker--but looks like it was worth it!
cute haircuts! Glad I get to see her new "do" tomorrow! You better hope she's not like you were when you were little. You really were HORRIBLE about your hair. You'd mess your hair up after someone had lovingly put the final touches on it and then proceed to BITE that dear soul. ROTTEN CHILD!!!
I still have the scars to prove it!
Faith is such a cutie! Congrats on that first haircut experience.
Love the new cut! The first haircut always their look...she's not a baby anymore!
Good job on the first hair cut thing. I got Jaimens cut for the first time, the day of his 1st birhtday party... I bribed him with a bottle and suckers, he hated every second.
I still bribe him with suckers. I was laughing at your sticky mess, because not very long ago I took Jaimen in and his mouth started bleeding because of a sore, so we were covered in stick, blood, and hair, it was devistating. People were stairing at the blood and screaming 2 year old with cut hair in his mouth, and not to mention on my face. What a mess. I should have posted about that when it happened, it was horrible.
Makes you happy to know your experience didn't include blood huh? And he was 2!!
So cute! Bribery with candy is sometimes the only way to go.
they look adorable!
I'm so dreading Audrey's first haircut, but I think the time is quickly approaching. Faith and Levi look so cute with their new cuts!
Your kids are way too cute. Loved the pictures.
Ok, she is SOOOO cute. They did a great job. Both the kids look great.
Oh so cute! I totally say Rat's Nest. That is the appropriate term, last time I checked. I am wondering when Abby's first haircut will be? I can't bring myself to cut it yet. I'm a total wuss.
Faith looked like she did really well for her first haircut. Most kids are a mess. She looks beautiful and Levi is so handsome.
I don't say rat's nest or snarles. In our house it's just split ends (me), afro (DH), or mullet (Bean).
LOL at Faith eating all the hair. Gross. :)
OH MY GOOD GOLLY! She is even cuter than your last posting of her. I simply adore her shoes. Yes, when you don't have any little girls to dress you notice even the cute shoes. Love her whole outfit.
She is so cute! You look so cute in the pictures, too!
I laughed at your fun writing. I loved the, "covering our mouths in surprise." You are so funny.
Faith got her first haircut and a hairball lollypop to go with it ;) Okay, sorry...that was sick...
I love that she has her sucker upside down. Tatum does the same thing when I give her a sucker. Her hair looks cute.
I love their haircuts, they look so good! I always feel sorry for hairdressers who have to cut screaming kid's hair! I mean, how awful would that be!!?
I love the photos Holly, your kids are beautiful.
love marsha ox
Cute haircuts!!!! Holly, I could usually convince you to keep your hair nice, but it was hard. Joyce, on the other hand......I could never convince her to keep hers because she didn't want hers parted on the side (even though it looked great that way!). I can still hear the crying, "I am not a boy, I don't want it on the side!!)
hey, this post is NOT about me and my "problems"! But, yes, I did look like a boy with it parted on the side!!! Sheesh...
Yeah!!! The first haircut! She looks oh so cute! And Levi so handsome, of course!!!
She did awesome! She is such a sweetheart! And levi, he's a gem. We just love you guys!
I'm so glad you got pics of her first hair cut. What a cute little man Levi is!
Post a Comment