Okay, I'm back to blogland and as a way to welcome myself back to blogland, I'm copying what everyone else is doing and playing this memory game. The reunion post is next, but be forewarned that if you weren't actually part of the reunion then you might not find it as enjoyable.
Don't ask me what is up with the cat picture. I just needed a picture of myself since this post is about me and that's the only one I could find. Lame.
Memories
As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
Thanks for the idea, Jill!
.jpg)


35 comments:
Holly! You need to bust out the old 4th grade school picture and see if we were in the same class! I moved half way through the year... One memory is seeing you working at the DQ with Jill and Carly. Don't know why that sticks out! Another is seeing you again, the first time since high school, at Kamie's. You're just as cute as I remembered!
I have never met you, but I hope to meet you when Jill is in town!
I don't have an actual memory of you, but whenever I come to your blog and see a picture of you, I think "She is so beautiful!!"
We've never met, but whatever. Details, details.
OK, this is so weird to admit this, but one particular thing comes to mind...
I found you through Jill. She had a "happy birthday" post about you on her blog. So I popped over and left a little comment for you, even though I had never seen your blog or anything. (NO, leaving a comment on a stranger's blog wasn't the weird part, ha ha)
I spent a minute or two checking out your blog right after that, and one post in particular stuck out. It was right after John had gotten back from a hunting trip and you had pictures of him, you know, cleaning the deer. Not that I'm against hunting or anything, I just didn't expect to see that, you know?! So, ya. Wow. Isn't that a weird memory to have of you?
I agree we should meet so I can have a better one to write about next time...
Well, I think my favorite memory is that conversation I had with you and Becky when we did hair clips at Beck's house. Remember? The conversation toward the end of our visit? hehehe...
(I don't want to put too many details in here, so email me if you don't remember.)
I remember having a sleep over at your house for your birthday with Mindy Sweitzer. We played all those crazy sleepover games until the wee hours of the morning.
I know you don't remember me being there, but I was. ;)
Ah memories.....I dont really have a specific memory, but I remember always thinking you were HILARIOUS and laughing whenever I was around you. Ok....actually, I remember you wearing that awful purpley colored Lace dress. I have a very vivid image of it...and although your face is totally hot, it aint pretty.
I can't wait until we get to hang out again so BP is not my only real life memory of you...
I was so glad to be sitting by you in BP! I loved that we had the same sense of humor, and I felt like I had known you forever.
Hopefully we can make new memories this month so that Dumb and Dumber is not the first thing that comes to mind!! :)
oh........I have a recentish memory of you..........
Remember us squishing into way tooooooo small clothes in the change rooms of different clothing retailers and looking in the mirror trying to be sexy??? purrrrrrrrrr! haha
Oh, I have another one.....
Remember my mother making a particular comment about a ' lovely ', bride in the temple grounds?? We were all in tears, and you my dear, nearly didn't make it to the bathroom???? What a saint my mother is! hehehe
love Marsha ( still squishing into small clothes.......)
i've never met you, but the first time i visited your blog you were blogging about laundry. and our methods (or lack of methods) for doing laundry are pretty similar. so, i know that really isn't a memory, but it endeared me to you and your wonderful blog!
I vividly remember going on a double date with you and Scott Larsen and you were in the front seat sitting and singing to the radio. I thought you had a wonderful voice and I was jealous that I wasn't brave enough to sing to the radio in front of people. I also remember how fun it was to work with you at DQ! Anyhow I need your email to add to my private blog. Send it to me kari.78@hotmail.com
My first and only meeting with you so far has been at The Looza! I thought you were so sweet and couldn't wait to catch up with you when I came home! Love reading your blog!
My first memory of you is that you commented on my blog and I was so thrilled because I had lurked on yours before and was too shy to make my presence known. Back then, I didn't understand that bloggers can just comment on other bloggers blogs with no guilt or worry. You commented on my blog because you liked a comment I left on Celia's blog. Celia had been gone and so I told her upon her return that I was going to sing her a welcome back song (because she had written so many cute songs on her blog) to the theme of the TV show, "Welcome Back Kotter". So, I basically, and very unimaginatively typed the entire theme song to, "Welcome Back Kotter" and added Celia's name. You said it was funny :) I was so thrilled!
May I just mention that you look so beautiful in that picture! Well, you look beautiful in all of your pictures but I was like, "Ohhh...she looks soooo pretty!" At first I thought that you were holding Denae's cat, Buster and the post was going to be about how you met the famous Buster...but, that must be your kitty.
Thank you for your comment on my blog...I appreciate that you understand my lack of blogging and that you said so in such a kind and supportive way. I don't know what is wrong with me...you said it best...my brain is totally FRIED and I can't seem to get my act together. Vacation did me in!
I agree with Shally and am excited to make new and better memories next week!!!
But, the memory I do have of you is when you commented on the BP board about how I was one of the people you wanted to meet...that made me feel special.
Holly you silly girl. It's mainly the good ol DQ memories I have...but I know I always liked you and don't know why we never hung out a lot in HS. I'm SOOOOO glad we reconnected from our HS reunion site and I've got to know you so much better through blogging and AFTER I moved from Utah. Go figure. You're just so easy to get along with and I sure do love ya!
Ok, Holly.......I have a lot of memories to choose from. We could talk about how you resisted my efforts to wash your face in the high chair and we had to play a "growling game" or we could talk about the summer at my house when I was pregnant and sick or we could talk about Misty the cat and the right way to hold cats. Hmmm, I am still laughing about something that happened at the reunion. So...I think I will choose picking up pies at the Richey Reunion.
Well, there we were at the Pie Pantry at Cherry Hill. We have our money, the order was placed a long time ago, we are in a little hurry and we need to get 10 pies. No problem, right? There are only two people in front of us. It was terrible! The workers were moving in slow motion and the man in front of us kept saying, "Is this where you get ice water? How much for some ice water?" Then the kid helping him took at least 5 minutes finding a cup, filling it with ice and finally filling it with water, and let's not forget the tedious act of putting the lid on the cup!! I have never seen anyone so slow in my life. I was ready to jump the counter and push him out of the way, so he could be done with it!!! It sounds so dumb, but it was so slow and then later it was SO Funny!
My first memory of you was when you came to look at our/your house. I could totally tell by the look on your face that you loved it as much as I did. It was the same look that I'm sure I had on my face when I first saw the house. And then I thought...I like this girl...I could be friends with her.
My very first memory of you was before our ward split and you had just moved into our ward. You sang a Christmas song in sac meeting. I remember my jaw dropped when you hit those high notes and I looked at my husband and we both said, at the same time, "she's good!" I am in awe of your talents and feel for you when we sit next to each other in RS and I sound like a wounded donkey when I sing. My appologies.
Another memory is when we were standing on your front porch and discussing "grooming techniques", and such, of women during swimming season.
I appreciate your sick little thoughts, because I too have sick little thoughts. It completes me.
One memory I have is when we were at the EQ ice cream social and my super competitive husband whipped out his "George Costanza wallet" and then it was game on. Between Tony, Ryan, and John those other teams didn't stand a chance!
K-don't know in person BUT, I love seeing pictures of your cute baby girl who is only a month younger than mine and worlds ahead of her. I also remember your lovely post exclaiming your hatred of the L.A. Lakers.
I'm glad you're back to blogland!
I remember that you had Holly Hobbie sheets (maybe I'm misremembering that) in your room at Charles and Bette's, and I was always excited when you would be there.
I also remember hearing you sing, probably at one of your brother's or sister's farewells/homecomings and being so amazed. I also have a vague memory of you playing an amazing flute solo at church as well.
Do you still play?
Remember when I started my blog, and you were helping me?? I came over to get some questions answered and I started talking to you like you were my shrink or something. You are so awesome, and I am so glad you are part of my family! I love that you just listened and when I apologized you made me feel like I didn't need to because everyone needs someone to talk to even if its not someone they do so on a daily basis.
So Thanks Holly!! I love you!! Also do you remember sitting at outside at Julies, it was for a farewell and we sat there poking fun at the pretty, prissy young girls?? I do.
Naturally I have LOTS of memories of the 2 of us. But one of the most special ones was right before you got married. We stayed up late the night before your wedding and I furnished you with a lovely "Dead Sea" mask that I brought home from Israel. I have pictures to prove your loveliness in that mask. We had lots of laughs. And then woke up the next morning and I took you to get your hair done for your wedding. When I came and picked you up after your hair was done you looked so pretty with your hair all done up and your veil on, while wearing shorts and shirt. We drove to Bountiful for you wedding and everyone was looking at you on the freeway because of your veil. Very funny. Such a beautiful bride!!
Oh and how can I forget you singing at my wedding!! That was so beautiful to watch you sing to us, we loved it!
Oh, let me see...which one...
I will always treasure my gym class memories with you and the time you fell off the treadmill! I can't thank you for that moment enough! It still makes me laugh.
Going bowling, going to the movies, driving past John's house, Alphagraphics, Xerox, staying at your cabin, listening to country music on your bed, etc., etc., etc.
As I have read some of the comments I am thinking we went to the same elementary school...were you a bobcat? How in the world have we never known each other? I remember for some silly reason I was nervous to comment on your blog when I didn't even know you, but you were so cute to comment back and make me feel important. You are too cute and someday we shall meet:)
Loved our trip to Xerox University in Leesburg, Virginia.
It was so much fun touring Washington DC with you!!
siouxsie
Visiting teaching, both going to you and going with you. :) I remember going to you the very first time with Stephanie, both nervous about going to see this "inactive" girl. There was nothing to worry about, you were so much fun to go visit.
And yes, your gorgeous voice. I could listen to you all day. Bummer I haven't had that priviledge for quite a while. I remember sneaking down from the primary room to hear you in RS.
Not going to post the memory game quite yet...
the program i use is called photoscape. i think you just go to photoscape.org and its free to download. i have alot of fun with it.
Memories of Holly...I do remember you working at DQ!
Also, I remember running into you are the gym right after you had Levi or did you have a miscarrage? one of the two and we chatted about that and all the fun weight we gain from being pregnant.
*side note...I haven't cut my hair yet, I am too nervous, one day I think I will and the next I am loving having it long, who knows what I will do, but I for sure will let everyone see it if I do*
Cute picture, Girlie! You Look Fabulous AND still do :)
I found you on Kacie's blog...so fun to see your blog! I remember 12 Dancing Princesses! Little Miss January! Those were the days...I was jealous you got to kiss Dan because I had such a huge crush on him LOL
Hi Holly, I'm late! My favorite memories of you were when I was your VT! I so wish I could be again. Can you do something about that? Don't you have connections? I always love visiting with you. And you sound like Belle (Beauty and the Beast) when you sing!
I wasn't going to comment, but I saw all the other people commenting, saying that they only knew you from the blogging world, and I got the courage to tell you that I enjoy your blog. I saw your blog on a friend of a friend's blog. Long story short, one day I was looking at your blog, and my husband said he went to highschool with you. (small world). Anyway, I enjoy your blog. My blog is www.trentpackerfamily.blogspot.com if you are ever intrested in being blogging friends. Hope you didn't mind that I commented.
-kelli
P.S. Did you happen to go to Ricks College? My next door neighbors at Ricks went to Layton High School, and there names were HOlly and Kelly.
My first memories of you are probably of us driving to Health Occ. It was so fun geetting to know you!!! To think that we could have been sisters!! It was also fun to double with you when I was dating Clark. I have always been jealous of your awesome hair!!!
I have SO many great memories of you!!! One of my favorites is our drives we used to take up the canyon just to get away. I remember riding one day, and neither of us saying anything for the longest time. They you all of a sudden say...."i heard once, that you can tell if you have a great friendship if you can sit in silence with the person and not feel uncomfortable"....I will always cerish the great friendship we have! Love ya!!!!
Post a Comment