It was one of those weekends. The kind you don't want to end. I was just telling John today how much I love the summer and how disappointing it is EVERY year when it's over. I do love the holidays that come after it's over, but there's just something about the summer time. I love it! I love the heat a lot more than I love the cold. Maybe that's it?
The week started off with a bang when Faith took the best nap ever. Here's a picture of how comfy she was. I was tempted to push her legs back in through the bars but she didn't seem to mind so I left her like that. She slept for three hours on one of her naps the day after the reunion ended. I felt her pain. I finally feel like I'm recovered. Thank goodness.
.JPG)
The second to last day of the reunion (last Saturday), we had promised Levi a game of mini golf at Cherry Hill. Unfortunately for him, however, the days events just lasted too long and it was too late to go. We promised him we'd take him on Monday for family night. Here's pictures of us following through on our promise...

By the end of the golfing, Levi was totally cheating and just sticking the ball as close to the hole as possible and pushing it in with his putter. Oh well. We gave up scoring the game after the second hole.
.JPG)
Even Faith did a little golfing. And she never walked over to where other people were golfing and tried to wreck their game. Oh, no. Not Faith.
.JPG)
Faith enjoying her Daddy as she has been doing A LOT lately. I'm last on her list when he's around.
.JPG)
On Tuesday, my mom and a couple of my sisters decided to celebrate the end of the reunion by going swimming at my sister's condo pool. Unfortunately for one of my sisters, she got called AS SOON AS SHE ARRIVED by her son's summer school that he was sick and needed to be picked up. BUMMER!!! We missed you, Charlotte.
Pictured from left to right: Levi (in the stupid life jacket that he totally doesn't need), my mom, Faith, Seth (in the blue floaties), Samuel and Olivia

On Friday it was our stake Lagoon Day. I could do an entire post about Lagoon and how much fun it is to watch all the people there. And how gross and expensive the food is, and how when you walk in, you feel instantly dirty and gross. And how I remember my hands being black when I was little from riding so many rides. Ah, the memories...
We rode the train with the kids and I tried not to look at the sad animals. Actually, they looked a lot better this year than in years past. They just look bored if anything. Faith LOVED IT! She could not contain her excitement and she kept saying, 'oooh, ooooh... WOW!' Thanks for entertaining us, sad animals!
.JPG)
This picture makes it look like Faith absolutely loves her stroller. But if you look closely and zoom in you'll see that she's actually screaming and trying to claw her way out of it. All she wanted to do at Lagoon was run around and get trampled by people who didn't see the tiny baby in their way. Oh, and to find gross things on the ground to eat.
.JPG)
This is the new ride at Lagoon called 'Odysea'. Yes. That's how it's spelled so don't call me, sweet sisters, and tell me about the spelling errors on my blog. It's actually a pretty fun ride that the adults can ride with their kids. They should make every ride like that. It has this really annoying song that plays from the beginning of the ride to the end. You can just picture a really cheesy character like Bob Saget (when he was on full house--not the rank comic he is now) singing it. And what's weird about the annoying song is that it's catchy. And you start singing it later and you like it even though you pretend that you don't.
.JPG)
John decided it would be fun on Saturday to go swimming. I could go swimming with the kids every day and not get sick of it. If I was loaded I'd totally get a pool in my backyard and invite all my friends over. Feel free to donate towards the cause.
Look really closely at the picture below. See Levi? That's what Levi does all stinkin' day long. JUST GO TO THE BATHROOM ALREADY, KID! We were at the pool for three hours. In that time, Levi had to get out and go to the bathroom no less than four times. He's so worried that he's going to miss out on something wonderful so he holds it. And when you've finally had enough of watching him dance around and you yell at him to go, he sulks off and goes and then comes back a new little man. I just don't get it.

My HAPPY KIDS!
.JPG)
Faith's favorite new thing is to try and take the camera away from me when I'm trying to take her picture. She wants to look at the screen in the back. I KNEW I shouldn't have showed her all those pictures that one day!
Here's proof that it's more difficult than ever to get a cute picture of Faith.
.JPG)
Levi is such a water boy. That kid could live in the water. He opens his eyes so much in the pool that it takes two days for the redness in his eyes to go away. Maybe I should get some really good goggles for him? I tried them one year, but they were too much of a pain. Anyone got any ideas of some good ones that don't let water in?
Hey look at Faith! She's a flying water baby!
.JPG)
Sexy husband, cute boy, darling baby... Need I say more?
.JPG)
Today was the first Sunday in a very loooong while that we've had nothing to do or family party to get to after church. Awww.... the serenity. We hung out all day after church and I even took a nap. And it was a good nap too. Not the kind where you wake up and feel like crap and your contacts are stuck to your eyes and you can't move them (actually, the contact thing happened. It always happens!). I thought it would be fun to give Faith a plum from one of our plum trees and see what she did with it.
Here's what she did with it...
.JPG)
And then she wiped it all over herself...
.JPG)
But she's so cute doing it, that I don't care that she's a total mess.
.JPG)
Thus marks the end of THE BEST WEEK EVER!!!
Let's hope that this week is just as good!
Thanks for comin'!
.JPG)
41 comments:
What a great week! I love times like this when you enjoy being with you own little family and capture some cute things in pictures. Faith is such a cutie. I love the pics with the plums and the crib. So cute!! And look of pain on Levi's face is priceless. That's a good one to use later as blackmail. muwaahaha!
These are such GREAT pictures!! I LOVE the messy little plum girl! What a fun week. Your kids will be so grateful you documented this for them!
Love all the photos!
I must add that I was traumatized from the zoo at ' Lagoon '. I couldn't believe how awfull, skinny, mangey (sp?), and uncared for those poor beasts are!!!
That place would be shut down in 5 minutes flat in Australia!
I love all the pics, they really are sooooooooo precious!
I can't wait to see you! Can you believe we will be hanging out soon!!! I can feel the cotton fluffs now.........hehe
love Marsha
Love all the photos!
I must add that I was traumatized from the zoo at ' Lagoon '. I couldn't believe how awfull, skinny, mangey (sp?), and uncared for those poor beasts are!!!
That place would be shut down in 5 minutes flat in Australia!
I love all the pics, they really are sooooooooo precious!
I can't wait to see you! Can you believe we will be hanging out soon!!! I can feel the cotton fluffs now.........hehe
love Marsha
you guys have been BUSY, but it looks like fun. love all the pictures.
Plum body scrub could be a new spa treatment!
So fun! I wish we were more fun and did stuff like that. My hubby is such a home body, its hard to get him out. Your kids are too cute!
I love sweet sleeping baby pictures but the photos at the end of Faith with the plum are my favorite. She is the cutest thing ever! As for Lagoon, I always feel like I need to be dipped in a giant bowl of Purell after but it looks like you had so much fun!
kari
We did some of the same things when I was up in Utah a couple of weeks ago...I know I need to post about it.
We did Cherry Hill and Lagoon too. I'm laughing at your description of the nice dirty sticky feel you get. Glad you had a great week!
No kidding! Looks like you all had a blast! I love those type of weeks. I know what you mean about that Odysea song, so lame, I had that song stuck in my head ALL day long last time I went with Michelle. As for the Sunday naps, those are good too! and always wake up with the sticky contacts too.Love that last pic of Faith :)
Such a cute fam, Holly!
Oh, how fun! My brother and his wife wanted us to go to Lagoon with him and I said I would rather poke my eyes out with a sharp stick. But I watched their kids for them, so they could have a good time. Me + Lagoon = the worst week ever. ;-)
You make me sick!..... that you look so good in a swim suit. My 10 year old is still doing the pee pee hold and dance! I hoping I will not have to remind him to go to the bathroom whithin the near future.
I'm so glad your week was perfect! Mine was the opposite. We have done NOTHING this summer. I live with Oscar the Grouch. I love the family pictures! The ones of Faith are priceless.
I remember the black hands too-- and the sticky feet.... yuck. I still am taking my kids there though! :)
Faith looks so grown up!!! Love the plum pics--
Jaxon holds it too-- until he has to RUN. Then half the time he doesn't get there in time to make "it" all go in the toilet.
Nice.
Holly, you're getting to be such a pro with your camera. Loved ALL the pictures. So funny how her legs are are hanging out of the crib. At least her legs don't get stuck like Ian's--Faith's are so petite. I have to rescue poor Ian sometimes. Yes, Lagoon is gross, but as you know, I REALLY want to take my poor deprived children there. OH, the swimming pics are so cute, too. Cute post!
Wonderful week! Loved all your pictures. I agree that the Odysea song was annoying and I kept singing it the rest of the day! Oh well.
What a busy week! Isn't summer the best?!
Well, except for the heat. I sometimes cry and wish that winter will hurry and come because I can't stand the heat, but then I remember how BORING winter is and how much my kids complain when they're stuck inside...
Your week sounds great! Enjoyo this week so you can gear up for all the events in August! ha, ha The pictures are so cute!
that little faith is adorable! i love the messes our little ones make! you sure have been busy! i'm tired just reading about all the fun you're having!
I love the pictures!!!
That little plum fairy is so, so cute! Levi looks so adorable and happy golfing!
I laughed at your comment about faith not interrupting other golfers, "Oh, no. Not Faith."
I understand what you mean about being last on Faith's list when Daddy is around. My kids make a beeline for my husband and I stand there like, "What am I, chopped liver?"
I lauged so hard at your comment on Ellie's post...how you said the crab dip looked so fresh ;)
It's so good to get caught up on your life. Thank goodness for these blogs.
That looks like fun! I have a fear of public pools. My luck Jaimen will get Crypto from drinking gallons of water and then I will get it somehow, then Alan. Then someone at daycare will get it because they will touch something that Jaimen touched after putting his hand in his mouth. And it will all be a big chain reaction and HELL.
Anyways.... looks like you had an absolute blast!!
I really want to take Jaimen to the pool, but I also have a fear of getting in a swimsuite, it just feels so naked to me, and I'm not diggin it. Maybe on the 24th??
I love the plum pictures! I love giving babies messy stuff and just letting them have fun.
Looks like you guys had a great week, I guess that is why you said it was the best week..duh!
Anyway's...Is Faith walking? She is younger than Cole..and he isn't walking yet, not that I need him to, but it would be nice.
Lagoon...I wish we had one or one close by to take the boys to. I know they would love it!
I want to take Logan golfing, i think he would get a kick out of it.
Fun times...I love all the pictures your kids are so cute.
That is awesome! The pictures are really cute!
As annoying as it is to take your kid to the bathroom at the pool, at least you know he's not peeing in it.
That's what I try to tell myself when I get annoyed anyway.
Such cute pictures. Don't weeks like this make the rest worth it? I am glad you had a great one!
Looks like SO MUCH FUN! As always, your kids are adorable! I want to take Fred to Lagoon SO BAD!
Love the plums!
I am amazed at your fortitude. That was a busy week and you still had fun! When I do lots of things with the kids I get all stressed out and ornery. Your pictures are absolutely adorable/awesome.
Hey - you look fabulous in your swimsuit! Cute cute pics of the kids. Glad to know that you can relax now!
looks like you DID have the best week and you got the pictures to prove it!
Oh how fun... you look like you have had a good time this summer, and I can't tell you how cute faith is. Levi is getting so big and so is faith and I haven't even met her once:( I can't wait to see you soon. Love ya Tiff
super cute pictures of your messy baby!!
1) Love the crib bedding.
2) Outfit twins! I love that green turtle outfit, Mimi has the exact same one as Faith.
That really sounds like the best week ever! I love weeks where we've got tons of fun stuff to do! Your kids are too cute!
Cute cute cute pix. Glad you had such a fabulous week. Too bad life can't always be that good!!
I can't wait to see you :)
I'm leaving a present for you right now over on my blog...
Hey Holly, email me I have some sad news.
And I love love love all the pics and stories, I know I'm a crappy commenter but I'm reading along!
It's funny because I popped over here to get a few updates and I can't think of a more perfect post with so many of your fun supper happenings!
Sounds like a blast! It was so fun seeing you at the pool. Faith is just adorable, I'm glad she liked chattin' with me.
Hey, I just read your comment on Kellis blog. I just thought it was funny you asked what happened to Dusty Sims. We just went to his wedding reception Saturday... after not seeing him for a million years. Funny.
Good to hear from you. Sounds like such a fun week! I'm so glad the reunion went well, what a lot of work. I hope I get to see you in September - I think Jane and Faith will get along so well!
Busy Busy week!! I love the summer time too like you do, but I'm SO glad that schools going to start soon. I love my kids and all but with working, I can't wait for them to go back to school!! We need to get together again though before that happens!!
Post a Comment