Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Because I Love Food...





I would like to interrupt this extremely long blog break I've been taking to send you to THIS LINK from KACIE where you can enter to win a $50 gift certificate from Sonora Grill. I do this post for seflish reasons because I love food so much. And I really want to go to this restaurant because I keep hearing how great it is. Kacie said whoever posted about it will be entered three extra times for her very own $25 gift certificate. I'm no dummy. I'll always come out of hiding if it involves the chance of winning a free meal.
So just a little update on me. I haven't been posting, commenting or reading for the following reasons:
  • Two day camping trip gone awry when our friend's horse got wound up in the night and the handle of the horse trailer went through his chest (don't worry, folks. She's okay).
  • Planning of the Richey Reunion
  • Richey Reunion meetings
  • Ward calling in RS with a very sad, very recent funeral of one of our sweet members.
  • Levi's constant need to be on the computer and play the free games on Nick Jr.
  • Faith's constant need to bawl, hang on my leg, and pound the computer keys every time I walk into the computer room.
  • Early morning runs at 5:30 so that I can actually get things done during the day, but also limiting me in my ability to stay up late and blog.
  • Swimming and enjoying the summer.
  • My phone that rings all day long with plans and updates regarding the Richey Reunion.
  • My need to eat an entire messy watermelon all by myself in the hopes that the 1.5 pounds I lost from doing it for two days will happen again. So far, it was just the one time. DANG!
  • Did I mention that I'm planning the Richey reunion with my darling sisters? It's this weekend. And then I'll have my blogging life back.

Please forgive my long absence. I promise that I'm still alive.

27 comments:

Hannah said...

Glad to have you back!! Good luck with the planning and way to go waking up so early to exercise! I need to follow your lead!

Amateur Steph said...

Hello again! Sounds like a crazy, fun summer. I am so impressed that you are waking up early to run. How do you motivate yourself? I have to drag myself (kicking and screaming) at any time before 6:00 a.m.

♥Shally said...

Good luck with the reunion! I love family reunions, but planning them is A LOT of work!

And Cam is banging on the keys as I type so this comment has taken a lot longer than planned due to all the backspacing and do overs...

Jennie said...

Have fun at the reunion. I only have to plan one for Daniel's family once every 8 years...the beauty of a large family. You look great and I look forward to more Hollyblogging!

Jen said...

Imagine my surprise when I signed in to google reader and there it was.... a new post from Holly! I am impressed that you were able to find the time to post between sloppy joe making, kids, and callings!

Even though I talk to you, at least once a week, it was nice to read this post!

Good luck with the reunion and remember to have fun! (Call if you need anything)

Annemarie said...

YAY! She emerges!! Dang girl, you've been busy.

Kari said...

Hope your summer slows down a little bit. I've missed your posts, they always bring a smile to my face and this one makes me hungry!

Mariel said...

I was wondering! Sounds like you've got your hands full! Let me know how the watermelon diet goes...

Vickie said...

Glad to hear you're still alive. :) And 5:30 morning runs? Wow! You're amazing! Good for you. I've been wanting to go in the evenings but just haven't taken the time. And good luck planning your reunion!

Anonymous said...

I'm just so very flattered that you broke your blog streak for me. Woah.

Good luck with the reunion. It sounds crazy! Make sure you post about it after this weekend.

mahina said...

i hear you on the nick jr. my girls discovered this site as well and they are on it every morning. watching or playing games! in fact my oldest just asked me when they can finish watching diego, so i guess i better let her finish....

btw, that food looks delicious, but i've never heard of the restaurant! always looking for new fantastic places to eat!

diane said...

Good luck with the reunion!

Kim said...

I've missed you! Good luck on your reunion!

Lisa-Marie said...

THERE you are! Missed you.

Good luck with the reunion and watermelon diet. I hate watermelon, so I think it would work for me, since I'd eat nothing. Might have to try!

Come back full time soon!!! We miss you.

Lynsie said...

WOW! People really miss you, including me! I haven't been blogging really either, due to the fact that maybe I should work instead of blog??

Well glad to hear from you, hope the reunion goes well and that Faith stops bawling.
When she does, give me a call I'll come get her and take her home with me....

Lauren in GA said...

No need to apologize!! You have had a lot going on, my dear!

I have had to share the computer with my kids this summer, too...the nerve of my children ;)

Crissy said...

No worries, Girl! Have fun at the reunion! You are so good and staying motivated. I was doing for a while until my kids make all those sick coughing rounds!!

Melissa-Mc said...

You gotta love summer.

Hope you have a wonderful time at the reunion.

D-dawg said...

I've been wondering where the heck you were. Good luck with the reunion- that sounds hard.

chrissy said...

Have fun with your family! Come back to blogging soon...

The Brann's said...

Canyon likes to steal my computer too!!! He likes Cartoon Network better though. Glad to hear you're doing good, and good luck with the reunion!!

Jill said...

Dang girl. You are dedicated. I don't wake up at 5:30 for ANYTHING.
Don't collapse until I get out there...we have to play!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wondered who ended up with the infamous watermelon. Great job on the reunion. The food was wonderful and no one could ask for anything more from a reunion. Kudo's to you and your sisters. WSM

Jessica said...

All of those are good reasons, but the Best? Running at 5:30 am. You know I so love you for that!

Hazen5 said...

We miss you, check in and up-date every so often!

Anonymous said...

You're darling. Those are all great reasons. I feel like my personal blog is a BORE lately. It's all about the kids right now. I can't even think about a fun project. Drat!

shauna said...

Since we haven't met, I don't have a memory of you but. . .I do love to see your name on my comments and I always read your awesome posts eventhough I don't comment a lot lately.

Love your cute kids too!