Monday, June 16, 2008

Faith is ONE!!!

How is it possible that it's been a year already? I can't believe that Faith has gone from this:

To this!

Per Lisa-Marie's idea, I am doing the ABC's of Faith. Thanks for the great idea, Lisa-Marie!



  • A= Adorable. She can't help it. she just IS.

  • B=Beautiful baby. Yeah, I know that I'm the mom and I already said that she's adorable, but she can be beautiful and adorable, right?

  • C=(NOT) Colicky. My other child (ahem, Levi) was an extremely colicky baby. It was nice not to have another one.

  • D=Dimples. She's got 'em and I love them.
  • E=Expressive. She's a diva in the making. I wonder what her teenage years will be like. Heck, I wonder what age THREE will be like!

  • F=Freedom. She likes to be free to do what she wants to do at all times. Sometimes that includes wanting me to hold her all day. Ironic, right?

  • G=Girly. Faith is a total girly girl. Even the way she moves her hands and tilts her head give it away that she's ALL girl.

  • H=Happy. She is almost always happy. It's sooo nice.

  • I=Independent. This one sort of goes along with 'freedom', but I can see Faith growing up and wanting to get out of the house as soon as possible (although, I really hope this doesn't happen) because she just exudes that personality trait. She wants what she wants when she wants it.

  • J=Juice is a favorite. She will tilt the sippy cup all the way up to get the last drop out. I refuse to make the same mistake I did with Levi though and I only give it to her now and then.

  • K=Kitties and all other animals with fur. She would be thrilled if she could be next to any furry friend all day long and bask in the sun with them.

  • L=Levi is her FAVE. She will give him more kisses than she'll give anyone else. I think she's really enjoying him being home from school so she can have him to entertain her all day. And now that I think about it, that makes it pretty nice for me too.

  • M=Mamma! She loves mommy and her Daddy is right up there too. She calls for both of us all the time, but gets especially excited when her Daddy gets home from work. She pants (yup, just like a puppy).

  • N=Nose. Just one of the things she can point out on my face. Nose, eyes, mouth, hands, ears and toes.

  • O=OUTSIDE!!!!!! If Faith could live outside, she would. She prefers to be out all day long. She especially likes to find bird poop on the driveway, pick at it, and eat it.

  • P=and speaking of poop, pooping in the tub is still one of Faith's favorite past times. It seems to make her really happy. It makes me semi-happy when it's at least formed into a ball. It's a lot easier to pick up that way.

  • Q=Quack. Every time I quack like a duck, Faith thinks it's the funniest thing EVER. It's one of her favorite animal noises. That and 'woof, woof'. She, herself, can even make the 'woof, woof' sound.

  • R=Ready to eat. When faith doesn't get to eat what she wants, when she wants, she...

  • S=Screams. She has a high-pitched, ear piercing scream when she's not happy about something. I'm a little worried about it and want to nip it in the bud NOW. Any ideas?

  • T=Talking. Faith knows a few words and phrases. She's one smart cookie! 'T' is also for teeth. Faith has 7 (almost 8) right now. And I see some eye teeth coming in. Teething again!

  • U=Understanding. Ever since I brought Faith home from the hospital, she just seems to get what's going on around her. At just two days old, she put her arms straight up against my chest and looked right at me. And now is no different. She seems to understand her surroundings and everything that is said to her.

  • V=Very tiny. At least a lot of people seem to think so. She's tiny in stature but mighty in spirit!

  • W=Walking!!! Faith has been able to take a few steps since about 11 months old, but she didn't really TAKE OFF until Levi's birthday on June 12th. She is all over the place now and it's really fun to watch her. Here's a video of the blessed event (turn off the sound on my music before listening. It's on the left hand side of my blog. You'll hear Faith say, "who's that?'):

  • X= X-tremely cute toes! I just painted them for the first time. Okay, they're not perfect, but it was sooo much fun.

  • Y=Yup, she's still breastfeeding. But I'm starting to wean. Any ideas on how to get my baby to like milk (ya know, from a cow)?
  • Z=I'm getting lots of Z's thanks to Faith who's been sleeping through the night for a couple of months now. Yipeeeee!


    Dear Faith,

I can't believe you're a year old! Your arrival was a much anticipated one. After trying for a baby for nearly three years, we were so excited when we found out that I was pregnant with you. And what better name to pick for our little baby girl than 'Faith'. You light up our home with your sweet smile, sparkly eyes and giggles. I can't believe I got chosen to be your mom.

I love you, baby girl!
Love, Mom

38 comments:

Jennie said...

You got me with the Screaming thing. Ruthie is 4 and I think is mostly over it. I think it's just a girl thing. Very cute list!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Honey, this blog is the best. I have learned so much about your innermost thoughts by reading it. Thanks for sharing.
Gosh, I didn't see anything about mother's day. boo hoo, boo hoo....love, mom

shauna said...

A dorable eyes.
B aby dimples-yum.
C ute post.

I'll spare you the rest.

Happy bday Faith.

mahina said...

this was a very sweet post! and faith was a beautiful baby from day one! she didn't have that just squished look!

Anonymous said...

Well, you did it again. You made my eyes run all over my face. Reading your blog is not good for make-up! Can't believe that Faith is walking. She is so tiny.
Happy Birthday Faith.
Love, WSM

joyce said...

So cute Holly! Love her outfit. She's such a cute walker. Funny girl....
Get rid of that scream quick!

♥Shally said...

She is SO DANG CUTE! Love the dress!

Cam is close to walking, but not yet...

Bridget said...

What a cutie she is. Hope you had a great day celebrating.

Annemarie said...

She is absolutely precious. Happy Birthday sweet Faith!

Jessica said...

I didn't have a milk drinker till kid #4. I just let them drink water (and one cup of juice) and few them lots of yogurt and cheese. The Pediatrician always worried, but what was I supposed to do. They just don't like it!

Cute dimples for sure!

The Brann's said...

That was such a cute post about Faith. I loved the ABC idea. And i can't belive she's one already!!!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, I seriously can't stand it. She is so freaking cute. I love all the pix, and the video clips is hilarious...her little voice and faces. I LOVE HER!

Anonymous said...

Oh she is just so adorable. I cant believe she is one....my baby is coming up next and I can hardly believe it.

Darling! Beautiful! Adorable! I want to pick her up and squeeze her.

On the milk thing....add chocolate syrup to it....a lot at first and then fade it out to very little or none. There are times when I just pick up the chocolate syrup bottle and dont actually put any in. Fred has started catching me with that one though. Even if there is chocolate flavor in there, they are still getting the nutrients of the milk so it's all good.

Jenibelle said...

She is absolutely, positively adorable and you are so right to be loud and proud about your mother love for this precious girl!!!

diane said...

I love her pedi. She's a beautiful girl!

Lauren in GA said...

She is so adorable! I loved every word!

And the walking video...so, sweet!

The dimples are to DIE for! I love that she loves Levi so much, too :)

That is a scrumptious newborn picture!

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Faith! Wow--she's sooooo adorable! I loved that video and her "who's that?" So cute. I just love baby voices. She's changed so much since I saw you guys in Feb.

Laura said...

Faith is so cute! What a cute little jellybean! Happy birthday, Faith

Laura

Sarah said...

She is so adorable. You have some of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Even when Levi is crazy (like every 6 yr. old!) he's just too cute to get frustrated with.

Crissy said...

Awww!! Happy birthday to the cutie patootie! Love the ABC's :)

Kari said...

She is a cutie and I love her little toes! She will keep you running for sure.

kar

Jen said...

I just want to squeeze her!

Conner's girlfriend get's an "A" for being fo flippin Adorable!
Conner says, "Happy birthday Faith!"

When ever I see those cute dimples, I can't help but smile. She's contagious!

Lorena said...

Did you get through this without crying?

I wrote a letter to Brooke on her first birthday and cried like a baby!

Oh, and did you notice that you are my #1 commenter?

Amateur Steph said...

She is adorable and beautiful! What a sweet post. I love the ABCs thing and the letter to her was a great idea too.

Tristan said...

Aaww! Happy Birthday Beautiful Baby Faith!

Lynsie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Faith!!
Sorry I am late... I remembered last Friday, then forgot till today.
Anyways love the P-poop. Jaimen has yet to poop in the tub, and I am very thankful for that.
Also love the S-screaming, glad to hear that someone else has to listen to a high pitched scream. Jaimen is the worst, like a dying bird, sqwaking its brains out. That's Jaimen's screaming, so hopefully Faiths it a bit softer and lighter than that.

Well loved the post, and sorry I didn't chat much Saturday, kinda felt crazy.

D-dawg said...

Holly, she is the most beautiful little thing. I love her! That video of her walking in the brown dress is so darling. I seriously see little one year olds walking around and want to steal them. Happy Birthday Faith!

Lauren in GA said...

Hey, Holly!☺

I will go over to Ellie's blog and give her your e-mail address. I have forgotten what her e-mail address is but, hopefully she can send you an invite that way. She explains why she had to go private in her post called, "Locked and Loaded". You must have been out of town when she went private.

Love,
Lauren

queenieweenie said...

what a sweet baby girl! my sister swears by chocolate and strawberry milk when she weans her kids. i want' that nice :)

Hazen5 said...

I have to agree with everyone, she is so adorable! Happy Birthday Faith.

SMiLeD said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAITH!!!!

Jylaire said...

Happy Birthday Faith! She is just way too cute!

Mariel said...

Happy birthday to super-cute Faith! I hope you had fun on your vacation!

Momma Ballou said...

It seems like I was at your house everyday before faith was born. What happened to us????? She is so stinkin' cute. I'll keep trying to get in touch with you.

♥Shally said...

Hey can I get your email address? I wanted to chat with you IN PRIVATE.

SECRETLY.

ABOUT DUMB AND DUMBER... :)

Anonymous said...

Holly, well done on this blog! Faith is just sooooooooooo special and I can't wait to see her at the reunion for a much needed love by her soon to be favourite aunty!
love Marsha oxoxox

chrissy said...

It's fun to have girls the same age, you know? I think we need to get together this summer and play. There's gotta be somewhere fun in between where we could meet!

Kim said...

Adorable post. I love it. I had to laugh at the pooping in the tub thing - Jacob used to do that too - all the time. Then I started sittin ghim on the potty seat before he got in and he hasn't done it since. What a lucky mommy you are to have your sweet kids.