Saturday, May 17, 2008

Guess Who's 11 Months??



Can you believe this little cutie is 11 months old? I can't. The one year old mark is just a month away and I'm feeling sad about her growing so fast. It seems like when babies are a year old, people quit calling them "babies". I'm still calling her a baby. I don't care what you say.


Some things Faith is doing right now:


  • TALKING. Yup. It's true. And she's not just saying a couple words either. She's got a few sentences down, people! She says the following words and phrases:

Mamma

Dadda

Look at that!

Who is that?

What is that?

GET THAT!

Hello

To call Levi she'll say, "AH LA!!"

  • She could LIVE outside
  • She's very interested in what I'm doing. Especially if I'm eating something. She wants to have whatever it is I have even if she has the same exact thing in front of her. She wants MINE.



  • She sometimes gets worried when I walk away.


  • She is into EVERYTHING!!! She wants to crawl to the grossest, most dangerous areas possible.

  • The knees on her clothes are nearly impossible to keep clean.

  • She is an extremely messy eater.

  • She can go up stairs all the way and come all the way down all by herself.

  • She's still nursing. And sometimes she bites. But I screamed once and she hasn't bit me since.

  • She's been sleeping through the night for the last three weeks. I'm talking from 8pm to 7:30 am. It is pure HEAVEN.

  • She has 7 teeth

  • When you're holding her, she flaps her arms up and down and leans out until you take her where she wants to go.

  • Like outside. I'm not kidding when I say she likes it out there. She wants to go out CONSTANTLY.

  • The tops of her feet are totally raw and calloused from crawling so much.

  • She loves any and ALL furry animals. She likes to visit the horses daily but shies away and laughs when they put their long noses near her. She's in love with our dog and the neighbors dog too.

  • She is almost completely impossible to change. I'm always searching for the perfect entertaining item just so I can fasten the tabs on the diaper before she flips over and screams.

  • She has taken a few steps and can get up from a sitting position to a standing one without needing support from someone or something else.

  • She poops in the tub. Sometimes she does it when Levi's in there with her. Levi's freak-out session when he sees her poop is priceless.

  • She is totally and completely in love with having her back scratched. She will stop whatever she's doing and curl forward. She gets her love of it from me.
  • She loves to go on my runs with me. Sometimes I get lucky and she sleeps.
  • If you can't tell from the picture, she also loves her Cabbage Patch baby.

50 comments:

Audry said...

She is a really cute 11 month old and it makes me sad to read about her because she's way ahead of Tatum in every way. Tatum says Dada and that's it. She does not crawl, she does not have teeth and is not eating big people food. Tatum is sleeping through the night, It is great!!!. Too bad you live in UT our girls could be friends.

Celia Fae said...

I can't believe that little cutie can talk and be so cute at the same time. Isn't it funny how we cherish those first words and then wish we could turn them off when they're three?

Alice had that suit last year. I wish it still fit her.

Please tell Faith that it is time to grow down, not up.

mahina said...

that last picture of her asleep with her doll is so precious!

hey, our "baby" is 19 months old and we still call her baby! she will be baby until we have another one!

diane said...

She is adorable and I love the dimples! Glad she isn't talking back yet...mine is 16 tomorrow, she talks back!

Annemarie said...

She is precious. I'm sorry your baby is growing up, that has been a tough one for me, too.

Jill said...

She is SOOOO flippin' cute! You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. What more do I need to say.

Jen said...

I hate it when our babies grow up!

You forgot to mention she can knock over small children with one push. She's cute, smart, and strong!

I love, love, love, how you have captured Faith's cute expressions. The poop in the tub is priceless. Excellent defense mechanism.

Hannah said...

She is darling. My son is the same age. He will be one on Jun 15. It makes me so sad to see him grow up.

Tristan said...

Yeah she is adorable! I still call my 15 month old "My Baby" Because she is!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad still says that you are his baby. I don't think that will ever change. :-)
WSM

Lisa said...

She's adorable, except I'm sure when she's biting :)

The Nelson Family said...

Holly, O can't believe Faith is talking so much! Definitely more than Jane is now. I may be jealous of how much Faith talks, but not the pooping in the tub! Jane hasn't done that yet and I'm crossing my fingers that she keeps it that way. She is so darling! I hope to see you in June. Are you guys going to be in town?

Momma Ballou said...

Oh Holly she is such a pretty little thing. I'm glad she likes it outside so I can see you everytime I drive by. You're a nice mom to take her out so much.

♥Shally said...

Cam will be 11 months on the 28th.

She only has 2 teeth-- but her knees are a mess like Faith's!

Wish we could get them together and take lots and lots of pictures...

Kaye Starr said...

Hi Honey,
Yes, this is your mother. This last entry with cute Faith crawling is your best! Thank you for the very nice things you said about me. Now, if I can just live up to them!....
Oh, I'm so grateful you are enjoying the children, and that you are happy! Yes, I think you turned out really good! Please tell John to pray for the Jazz. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

She's adorable!!

Landen and Heather said...

Hi Holly! She is getting so big! I just wanted to "Hi" and tell you I miss visiting with you!

Lauren in GA said...

She is so cute!

I loved each and every picture!

I want to hear her say those sweet little things, especially how she calls for Levi :)


My Baby is almost 5 and he told me yesterday, "Mom, I am not a baby!" *sniff* but he's still MY baby...*sniff* I say call her a baby as long as she will let you!

McMillan Family said...

i can't believe that she is going to be a year. she is the cutest bab. i love her dimples.

joyce said...

I love the worried expression on her face. She really does look a lot like you in that picture. And not just because of the rounded nostrils either. He he...
I love how she loves to snuggle blankets, dolls and even soft shirts (from the t-shirt place). So funny.
Plus, anyone that loves my oatmeal cookies like she did is definitely extra special in my book!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable. I can hardly stand it. What a beautiful baby and she really is doing so well developmentally.

I still say that Fred is a baby and he is two so dont worry about calling her a baby!

We need to get her and Indy together sometime to hang out.

The Brann's said...

She just gets cuter and cuter!!! I saw Emily today...we need to plan lunch.

Tara Williams said...

She is adorable. I found your blog from Brenda's blog. My husband and I used to work with her at the Ogden Alpha-G. I think I met you several times when you came to visit Brenda. Anyway, I really enjoy reading your blog. It's nice to have such a big network of moms out there that know how important and CRAZY our job can be. :) Keep up the good work. Tara

Becky B said...

She is such a cutie! It's true...they grow up waaaay to fast. Soon you'll be planning her first birthday party and it seems crazy to think that a year ago you were still pregnant and now you have this beautiful, amazing little child.

Hazen5 said...

Love her dimple! I still call my 11, 9, and 5 year olds baby! I got it from my dad, he still calls me that and I love it. Don't stop!

Sarah said...

She is so cute and fun! I love her teeth, her smile is adorable.

Jennie said...

She is so dang cute. I love that she can go up and down the stairs by herself. That's a huge accomplishment!

Mariel said...

Sweet pictures! I used to see you in Faith, now the John in her is coming out too! Fun!

I'd say she is still a baby. I think I would always call my child a baby until a new sibling came along. Otherwise, they would be a baby forever!

Remind me...I have to tell you a funny dream I had about you when I was in Hawaii...

Laura said...

Those teeth are so cute! They really came in quickly. I miss the fangs, though.

I don't call Lindsay "baby" anymore, but I do call Puff "baby." Preston always walks in and asks, "Where's the baby?"

I call Lindsay "little girl" much to her dismay.

Crissy said...

She is such a cutie patootie!! They grow so fast!

Kari said...

Oh Holly, she is so adorable! I so enjoy watching your kids grow up.

kar

Kim said...

What a DOLL!! Lucky you! Jacob is the same way about going outside, and he can unlock the doors now - YIKES! I still call him my baby. And he will be until I get another one, and maybe beyond that. YEAH for talking! It's so surprising to hear sentences come out of babies - good job Holly!

erin said...

Faith is so very cute. She looks like a sweet heart. It is so hard when they start becoming a toddler. I love the baby phase.
So, tell me how you get your baby to sleep 11 hours at night. Cole is a good sleeper but not 11 hours...way to go!

Bruces said...

Its been really neat to see Faith grow over the past few months. She is so cute. It is amazing how fast they grow.

kelly said...

i used to love my cabbage patch doll. having boys, i totally forgot them. they used to smell really good.

btw she is such a little cutie!

SMiLeD said...

Holy Cow, has it been 11 months already!?!

When did Faith go from being a cute baby to an ADORABLE little girl!!

Sounds like you are doing a great job mama!!

Linsey said...

Wow, she is so advanced. Congratulations on being a super mom and having a remarkably smart and adorable little girl!

Jill said...

Holy cow girl. 37 comments. Who do you think you are!!??????? lol

Melissa said...

oh my gosh... she is soooo cute! What a darling picture!

D-dawg said...

Holly, I love the close up pictures of her and the crawling one. So cute. Also, your label cloud is awesome- good job!

chrissy said...

I love the picture with her dolly! That's so sweet!

Lynsie said...

Oh, she is growing up way to fast!!! It seems they grow faster when you don't get to see them every day.

Your blog makes me so happy, and Faith, she makes me happy too!

Hey its time for a Levi post.

Jenibelle said...

Give me your address, I'll send you shrink wrap to keep her exactly the same. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

queenieweenie said...

My baby is 7 and she's still and ALWAYS WILL BE my baby!

Bridget said...

Her smile is so darn cute! Love those dimples.

Amber said...

Hurray and what a doll! It is AMAZING to me how advanced little girls are vs. boys with talking. My 22-month-old boy excells at grunting. :-)

chrissy said...

Holy Hannah!!

How do you have 46 (now 47) comments?! I don't think I even KNOW 46 people!

With that kind of traffic, you should figure out how to make money from your blog, like that DOOCE chick!

Anonymous said...

Our baby girls should be friends...they'd be thick as thieves!

amanda said...

my life is not usually that exciting...i am usually just doing the mom thing!!! but, it was a fun season, and yes, when they announced who the winner was, we all just kind of stood there in shock, it was very anti-climatic & kind of sad, but, I know he will be successful! your post about your daughter is adorable, i have a faith too...she is 3 and she is nuts.....LOVE THE NAME!!!!!!! xo amanda

Sunny said...

No. Freaking. Way.

I can't believe she's 11 months already!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words on my blog. :) I don't want you to change how you write AT ALL because you are hilarious. I am always laughing out loud at your posts. While I have never spoken with you IRL, I can hear your voice when I read, and I love it! Keep up the good work! :)